Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

You can buy a OnePlus One on a Tuesday without an invite. How do you find it? I'm not in the market for a phone at the moment, but it looks the business.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2015, 10:20:15 AM
You can buy a OnePlus One on a Tuesday without an invite. How do you find it? I'm not in the market for a phone at the moment, but it looks the business.

Exactly how I got it, except had to route it internationally, took bleedin ages >:( Excellent phone, was worried it might have been too big but it fits nicely in the one hand. Needs a flip cover if you want to properly protect it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gallsman

I've had the OPO for about five months. Exceptionally good phone and when you take the price into consideration, it's hard to beat.

Android 5 update due at end of the month too.

Worth noting that they've announced Euro area purchases will be more expensive from next week on due to the slumping fx rate.

deiseach

The poetics?

I've had Lollipop on my Moto G for a couple of months now. It's a great upgrade.

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2015, 10:48:28 AM
I've had the OPO for about five months. Exceptionally good phone and when you take the poetics into consideration, it's hard to beat.

Worth noting that they've announced Euro area purchases will be more expensive from next week on due to the slumping fx rate.

What exactly is a One Plus One?? I've never heard of one and having googled it, it just looks like another phone??

gallsman

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2015, 10:53:25 AM
The poetics?

I've had Lollipop on my Moto G for a couple of months now. It's a great upgrade.

Fixed - price!

Which Moto G do you have? The first one was a cracking phone.

gallsman

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 20, 2015, 10:55:34 AM
Quote from: gallsman on March 20, 2015, 10:48:28 AM
I've had the OPO for about five months. Exceptionally good phone and when you take the poetics into consideration, it's hard to beat.

What exactly is a One Plus One?? I've never heard of one and having googled it, it just looks like another phone??

It's a phone that has the hardware specs of some of last years's flagship phones from HTC, Samsung, LG etc at the price of Nexus 5.

It also comes with cyanogenmod, which is a customised ROM which tweaks stock android to give all sorts of little advantages and improvements here and there. However, I believe OnePlus and Cyanogen have had a falling out, so future models won't come with it.

deiseach

Autocorrect, eh? :D

I have the 2nd gen Moto G. It's slightly better than the original, which I was ridiculously chuffed with - right up the moment I cracked the screen. It's great having an SD card and the bigger screen has its uses, but it's not as comfortable to hold as the original.  Nothing major, just feels slightly off in terms of thickness. I would not recommend it as an upgrade if you have the original or if you can get the original for €50 less.

gallsman

Quote from: deiseach on March 20, 2015, 11:01:12 AM
Autocorrect, eh? :D

Always a risk with Swype-like keyboards, nothing to do with the phone!

A friend of mine bought the first gen moto g second hand for about €130 to replace his Nexus 4 and loves it.

deiseach

I got the original Moto G from Tesco in the UK. With a voucher, Parcel Motel and an unlock code, I got change out of €110. I thought I was so clever - right up the moment . . . forking out nearly €190 for the 2nd gen one didn't feel quite so clever :-\

FermGael

Has anybody installed the cyanogenmod rom on their android?
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Croí na hÉireann

1 gone, 1 left. Anyone for the last of the choc ices?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: FermGael on March 20, 2015, 12:17:16 PM

Yep. Easy enough if you're able to follow directions.

gallsman

Quote from: FermGael on March 20, 2015, 12:17:16 PM

I have it native on the OPO and flashed it on both a Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S4. Haven't tried the Android 5 version.

Croí na hÉireann

OPO flip covers and screen protectors 75% off today only. Phone itself now able to buy 7 days a week.