Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

I have a HTC wildfire and Im struggling to find a flash player app??

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 13, 2011, 11:29:00 PM
If you're not afraid to doing a bit of modding and you can shop up north, the Orange San Francisco is worth considering as a budget Android handset. Very very easy to remove the network lock while removing the Orange branded firmware to a generic one isn't too difficult if you know what you're doing - it will invalidate your warranty in theory but if something goes wrong you can flash the firmware back to Orange's before sending it in for repair. The camera's not the greatest and there's now LED flash, but if you can live without that and the need for Flash it's a very good phone.

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago. Very easy to unlock, root and flash. Have CM7 installed on it and well impressed. The camera is ok for 3.2 megapixels and I can get by without it. Managed to upgrade it to gen2 and get flash working on it as well, it is indeed a very good phone for the price. That said Ice Cream Sandwich and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus looks the dogs proverbials and will be keeping an eye out for it.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

keeping an eye on things

I've just got a new Sony Ericsson Arc S, having to return it as every other call I make / receive causes it to freeze and shut down, anyone else have this problem? 

Also as this is my first Android phone (not a great intro as it's knackered within 3 days!!) what are the best free apps that people have found?  Cheers in advance!!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: keeping an eye on things on November 11, 2011, 09:17:09 AM
I've just got a new Sony Ericsson Arc S, having to return it as every other call I make / receive causes it to freeze and shut down, anyone else have this problem? 

Also as this is my first Android phone (not a great intro as it's knackered within 3 days!!) what are the best free apps that people have found?  Cheers in advance!!

What OS is it running? Had a similar problem with mine, after making/receiving a call the screen would go black and lock so that I couldn't hang up after the call. Fixed it by calibrating the proximity sensor which for me is in ZTE Blade Settings, not the generic Settings. If that doesn't work a quick google might throw something up.

keeping an eye on things

QuoteWhat OS is it running? Had a similar problem with mine, after making/receiving a call the screen would go black and lock so that I couldn't hang up after the call. Fixed it by calibrating the proximity sensor which for me is in ZTE Blade Settings, not the generic Settings. If that doesn't work a quick google might throw something up.

How would someone simple like me find that out?!  Not much good with this technology craic!!  That's exactly what's happening with mine, O2 are sending me out a new handset today anyways as it's less than 28 days old.  I'm still within my 14 days cooling off period so not sure whether to keep it or not if there's going to be probs with it!!  Have you had much bother with yours or how would you rate it?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: keeping an eye on things on November 11, 2011, 11:01:19 AM
QuoteWhat OS is it running? Had a similar problem with mine, after making/receiving a call the screen would go black and lock so that I couldn't hang up after the call. Fixed it by calibrating the proximity sensor which for me is in ZTE Blade Settings, not the generic Settings. If that doesn't work a quick google might throw something up.

How would someone simple like me find that out?!  Not much good with this technology craic!!  That's exactly what's happening with mine, O2 are sending me out a new handset today anyways as it's less than 28 days old.  I'm still within my 14 days cooling off period so not sure whether to keep it or not if there's going to be probs with it!!  Have you had much bother with yours or how would you rate it?

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/shop/phones/sony-ericsson-lt18i-arc-s/190/

Not much on the o2 site but a further google of the specs reveals it's probably Android 2.3.3. If O2 are replacing it I would let them do the worrying. No bother since setting mine up, great phone for the money.

tbrick18

The problems with my HTC Sensation persist....after a factory reset the phone worked ok again for a week or so.
Then it started shutting off again, screen wasnt always responsive and it would heat up to the point where it was almost too hot to touch. HTC have taken it back but there's no guarantee they'll fix it under warranty. They say if there's evidence of it being broken as a result of water damage (which there isnt) or evidence of it being dropped (which it hasnt) they wont fix it but will give me a price for fixing it!
I'll post on the outcome, but for now I'm not particularly happy.

keeping an eye on things

Cheers for the info / advice.  It's running Android version 2.3.4.  Yeah going to just get a new handset and let O2 sort it!!

Jonah

Suffered through 3 Android handsets over the last two years. A HTC a Sony and a Samsung Galaxy.
I had problems with them all.
I purchased my first iPhone a few weeks ago, the new 4s,and I have to say there is no comparison the iPhone is the best phone I ever had.
Can't see me going back to Android anytime soon.

FermGael

In need of a new phone before Christmas.
the Wildfire has died a death.
Any recommenedations??
Any one using any of the phone with the new ice cream sandwich stuff yet??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

lurganblue

I just bought a galaxy note at the weekend there and it is my first android phone. The only thing I'm having difficulties with is the emails. I have set up my yahoo address to run through the phone. I seem to be getting not only all my normal inbox emails but all my junk emails at the one time and in the one place. I'm getting a load of emails every min. I've searched the settings and can't seem to fix it. Never had this prob on the iphone

ziggysego

I've made the jump from iPhone to Android. Ordered a Samsung Galaxy SIII today.
Testing Accessibility

oakleafgael

Quote from: ziggysego on June 14, 2012, 07:34:28 PM

Some job Ziggy, got one last week, still getting the hang of it, bit of a change from a Nokia 6300!

ONeill

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 14, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

Some job Ziggy, got one last week, still getting the hang of it, bit of a change from a Nokia 6300!

Same here again. Got it last week and a lot to learn. Will sit down in a couple of weeks and get the hang of it. I think the video quality is much better but also struggling with the email yet haven't given it the time.

Oakleaf - have you been able to set up an account on the email?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

oakleafgael

Quote from: ONeill on June 14, 2012, 10:09:16 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 14, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

Same here again. Got it last week and a lot to learn. Will sit down in a couple of weeks and get the hang of it. I think the video quality is much better but also struggling with the email yet haven't given it the time.

Oakleaf - have you been able to set up an account on the email?

Its was set up by the IT man at work, have the work email and my own gmail/hotmail accounts sending and recieving the best. Has done away with the need to lug a laptop about the place. The biggest change for me was moving to a touchscreen.