Why are there no hill tickets for Sunday?

Started by AN other, August 26, 2008, 10:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisgaa

Ticket Information – Sunday 31 August

The GAA has confirmed that a limited number of stand tickets are available for next Sunday's Croke Park triple header.

It has also been decided that because of the demand for tickets that Dineen Hill 16 will be open.

Tickets can be purchased from the participating counties, on www.gaa.ie, from the GAA ticket office on 01/8658657 or from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, and subject to availability from outlets around the ground on Sunday.

The GAA Ticket Office on North Circular Road (opposite Gill's Pub) will be open on Friday, August 29th from 10 am to 6 pm and on Saturday, August 30th from 10 am to 4 pm.

Admission Prices are as follows:

Stand                                                                                                                          €45

Stand Juvenile (Designated sections of Davin and Cusack Stands)                 €5 (Juveniles must be accompanied by an adult)

Senior Citizens/Students (with I.D.) (Davin and Cusack Stands only)    €20

(Must purchase full price ticket – refund available at Block D turnstiles to rear of Cusack Stand prior to entry)

Dineen Hill 16                                                                                                            €30

Wheelchair and Attendant Passes                                                             €45

Group Passes                                                                                                           €3 per juvenile, 1 adult per 10 juveniles free of charge

The action gets underway with the ESB GAA Football All Ireland Minor Championship semi final between Tyrone and Meath at 12.15 pm followed by the GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship semi final replay between Cork and Kerry at 2.00 pm and finally the GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship semi final at 4.00 pm between Tyrone and Wexford.

The following outlets will be open from 10.30 am on the day of the games (subject to ticket availability):

§             GAA Ticket Office, 526 North Circular Rd (opposite Gill's Pub)

§             ticket kiosk at Ballybough [under the railway bridge]

§             ticket kiosk at Dorset St [outside Martin's Auctioneers]

§             ticket kiosk at Bishop's Palace

orangeman

How many does the Hill hold ?

Can we now assume there'll be 70+ in Croker on Sunday ?

The stand tickets must be well gone by now ?

corn02

Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2008, 02:07:32 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 28, 2008, 12:55:55 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 28, 2008, 10:28:52 AM
Moot points as the option of cheaper entrance fees should be there - end of story. Surely you agree that this is a decision taken in regards to money and little else?  Is there not more to the association than maximising profit? 

Well the hill is opened now so I guess your maximising profit argument is out the window now or are they still maximising profit?
I wish I could say 'credit where credit's due', but why should there be credit given for doing something that should be done as par for the course? 

Spot on.

bennydorano

It has also been decided that because of the demand for tickets that Dineen Hill 16 will be open

Little altruism in the opening of the hill then, purely financial.

Model Hammer

Not much use to those who have already grudgingly forked out 45 Euro for the only available tickets before today. This is a real scandal, and deserves an e-mail campaign to bombard gaa.ie with protests.

orangeman

Quote from: Model Hammer on August 28, 2008, 04:40:03 PM
Not much use to those who have already grudgingly forked out 45 Euro for the only available tickets before today. This is a real scandal, and deserves an e-mail campaign to bombard gaa.ie with protests.

And how do you think these emails might be received ?

No one is going to come on here and apologise now are they ?

his holiness nb

Incidentally I think euro45 is great value for two senior all ireland semi finals and a minor one.

And dont ye wexford lads be giving out, ye've had years to save for this year  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Tyrone Dreamer

As a Tyrone supporter Im just glad to be able to go and watch our minors and seniors play in the All Ireland Semi's. €45 might be dear enough but with 2 All Ireland semi's thrown in its not bad value. Considering many Tyrone "fans" havent been to a game all year they should be able to afford it. I take it those who said earlier that they would have went if the cheaper tickets were available are now going?

Doohicky

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 28, 2008, 05:54:05 PM
Considering many Tyrone "fans" havent been to a game all year they should be able to afford it.

That really does my head in. This will be the third match I get to this year, and I would have been to them all if circumstances had been different, but when it comes to the final I know, like in the previous 2 times, I'll not be able to get a ticket while others who haven't went the entire year are able to.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 28, 2008, 05:14:48 PM
Incidentally I think euro45 is great value for two senior all ireland semi finals and a minor one.

I would agree there your holiness, bargain of the year I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bennydorano

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 28, 2008, 10:00:10 PM

Yeah but €30 to watch it from the hill is great value too, that option should always be there.

his holiness nb

Quote from: bennydorano on August 29, 2008, 09:11:56 AM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 28, 2008, 10:00:10 PM

Yeah but €30 to watch it from the hill is great value too, that option should always be there.

Cheap bastard  ;)
Ask me holy bollix