8 (13.3%)
Armagh
16 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closes: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on Today at 09:28:16 AM
Quote from: onefineday on Today at 01:12:23 AM
Quote from: screenexile on Today at 12:07:33 AMGood idea that why not toss for a home venue in Semi Finals?!
On a related note, is the first time Celtic park has been used as a venue for a non-Derry championship game? I can't recall any other occasion anyway.

It would be suitable for Donegal/Tyrone, Donegal/Antrim to Tyrone/Antrim games, but the latter rarely arise and a Tyrone/Antrim game could also be reasonably played in the Athletic Grounds.

Toilets, changing rooms etc a bit dated, but Celtic Pk is an amazing arena to watch football. Hoping to get along to the game on Sunday, should be a tight battle

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: downtothecore on April 25, 2024, 10:20:37 PMNewry or Armagh would have had a full house so opportunity lost for good crowd and  atmosphere. I guess the mighty Armagh would prefer a trot out in clones to help prepare for the ulster final...

Will you be eating your half time ice cream in the car like last year?

lurganblue

A return to the squad for Rafferty and Shane

Keyser soze

Whatever the opposite of cute hoorism is, a lot of Armagh fans on this board have it in abundance.

maddog

Cute hoorism on fans forums has often been known to swing matches either way.

Applesisapples

Quote from: downtothecore on April 25, 2024, 10:20:37 PMNewry or Armagh would have had a full house so opportunity lost for good crowd and  atmosphere. I guess the mighty Armagh would prefer a trot out in clones to help prepare for the ulster final...
Newry/Armagh wouldn't be fair on Down given that Pairc  Essler  is in Armagh ;D County that is.

Armagh18

Quote from: Keyser soze on Today at 11:20:09 AMWhatever the opposite of cute hoorism is, a lot of Armagh fans on this board have it in abundance.
I'm not gonna come on here and start talking up Down, I'm calling it as I see it, they are shite and if we can't beat them we would be as well playing Tailteann. Obviously we'd like to think that players and management won't be complacent at all and come in 100% ready to win.

Ethan Tremblay

Given last weekends results you can never count a team out of the equation before a ball has been kicked.  Down are certainly improved on last year, but probably still a level below Armagh at the moment. 

The Donegal/Tyrone game much harder to call, but hard not to see Donegal winning that either. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Wildweasel74

Gonna go out on a ledge here, and take Tyrone to beat Donegal by a couple. Armagh be too strong than Down but not he as much in it as people think.

Blowitupref

Peter Harte, Conor Meyler and Frank Burns remains out injured for Tyrone.  Conn Kilpatrick back and named on the bench.

Donegal 26

Down

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

Armagh v Down - DOWN 4-2 on penalties
Donegal v Tyrone - TYRONE by 2

yellowcard

Quote from: Keyser soze on Today at 11:20:09 AMWhatever the opposite of cute hoorism is, a lot of Armagh fans on this board have it in abundance.

Its called giving an honest opinion. 

Armagh to win by 7 and Donegal to win by 8 this weekend.

tbrick18

Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 12:48:59 PMArmagh v Down - DOWN 4-2 on penalties
Donegal v Tyrone - TYRONE by 2

I almost hope it does go to penalties to see how Armagh cope with that.
But, to be fair, I think they'll have too much for Down, though I don't think there'll be that much in it.
As for Donegal v Tyrone, can't see Tyrone doing it. 2 years ago Donegal were narrowly beaten by Derry in the Ulster final. They had a blip last year with management issues, but they are getting back to where they were. Tyrone on the other hand, seem to be slipping back and I'm not convinced by the management team. I'd imagine Donegal won't be as "up" for this match, but I still can't see anything other than a Donegal win here, maybe even a comfortable one at that.

Who's the ref in both games?

Blowitupref

Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 02:47:35 PMWho's the ref in both games?

Tomorrow Liam Devenney (Mayo) and Sunday Brendan Cawley (Kildare)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose