6 (15.4%)
Kieran McDonald - Mayo
1 (2.6%)
Ronan Clarke - Armagh
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: November 12, 2006, 10:02:33 AM

Kerry Mike

The GPA awards are on in the Citywest tonight.
Who is your favourite to win the Opel sponsored car?

Logic would say it will be Donaghy or O'Se or will there be an anti-Kerry voting block to vote in Clarke or McDonald.

Personally I would vote for O'Se I thought he had a great years league and championship, while Donaghy was in good form earlier in the year the move to Full forward transformed his and our season. He contributed hugely to our AI success in the last 4 games but I think the amount of ball won in midfield by O'Se and the way he controlled games was a bigger factor.

Anyway its up to the players votes themselves so we will see tonight what their take on the season is.
Lets see who can match their vote here?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

GaillimhIarthair

This is definitely between 2 players, O'Sé and Donaghy.  Agreed that O'Sé had a very consistent year in the middle of the park for Kerry but personally I would give the award to Donaghy as his move to FF totally transformed that Kerry team.  It has to be said that Kerry looked very ordinary (by their standards !) vs Cork in both games but once JOC bit the bullet and put Donaghy FF, they were a team transformed. 

lynchbhoy

I would have thought Paul Galvin was Kerrys best player this year.
He was superb.
If not in the running (and I am obv in the minority again) then Dara O Se has always been the man behind recent Kerry greatness.

Shamrock Shore

I'd have Galvin up there as well.

Is Donaghy not just a one-trick pony (although it is a good trick)

turk

DJGaliv

Galvin might have been Kerry's best player this year, but he's not the most popular of players, and I can't imagine many people voting for him. I'd say that Donaghy will get it.

hows she cutting

I agree with that DJGaliv.

Donaghy will get it although in my opinion not the best player this year.
Galvin went through some serious work for Kerry this year and in my opinion was the player of the year.

liihb

Was Galvin for me too. I think Donaghy might get it, though I voted for O Se above, hedging my bets!!
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

BallyhaiseMan

Donaghy will win it in my opinion, But my pick would also be Paul Galvin, The guy had an absolute Monster year for Kerry.

oneillcup2007

Dort meister Paul Galvin was the most effective, goldenbasketballs Donaghy was the most inspirational and full of flair whilst combination of the 2 (Dortballs?)  O Se was prepared to get down and dirty and show the flair to win an all ireland - best of both worlds votail O se

full back

Donaghy without doubt.Turned Kerry's season around and was the outstanding player on view

off the laces

Think for me it would be O'se a great driving force behind kerry
Keeps 'er' straight

paddypastit

Donaghy's the man.

Educate me here - wasn't he on the Underdogs  at some stage.  Is he the first Underdog to actually make it in the real gaelic games world
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

ziggysego

I voted for Donaghy. It's understandable where he gets his footballing talents from. He's got Tyrone blood swimming through his veins.
Testing Accessibility

magpie seanie

Before making a guess can you tell me which of the nominees are going to the dinner?