What do you think of the new championship structure so far ?

Started by seafoid, June 02, 2023, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 04, 2023, 04:33:10 PM
Attendances have been shocking across the board of the warmest week of the year.
It's expensive to go to games.

Jell 0 Biafra

Maybe people don't care enough about group stages that only eliminate one team per group?

OgraAnDun

Top in each group should go through to semis, last should be relegated to the Tailteann (with all group winners there promoted). You'll not eliminate all dead rubbers in every system but that should do for most of them.

RedHand88

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 04, 2023, 05:32:05 PM
Attendances have been shocking across the board of the warmest week of the year.

If the product was worth it then money wouldn't matter. I was delighted with my decision not to go to Omagh yesterday.

Eire90

This country has an obsession with going to the beach when its above 12 degrees and sunny so that might play a factor in atteandances this weekend.

Blowitupref

Competitive group stage games thus far with the average winning margin in games low. Clare the only team with nothing to play for in the final round. improvement on the group stage we had in 2018,19.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

delgany

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 04, 2023, 06:00:43 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 04, 2023, 05:32:05 PM

If the product was worth it then money wouldn't matter. I was delighted with my decision not to go to Omagh yesterday.

Ticket pricing is a joke
£22 for a seat at Healy Park and £22 to stand on terracing.
No group game deals ? Doesn't add up to a fair deal at all

markl121

Im a fan of the new set up, I love having more games. For years derry were two games and out in the championship, love getting to see the county more often.

Eire90

Rossfan

There must have been a hole in the wall somewhere.
Around 8k there today but official attendance announced as 5,773.
Connacht Council personnel in charge.
A cynic might think the debt on McHale being reduced.
A simple ladeen like me would say things like that wouldn't happen.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

DhoireTheas

The heat can turn people off going to games too, sitting in a hot car for 90 minutes.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Rossfan on June 04, 2023, 10:06:55 PM
There must have been a hole in the wall somewhere.
Around 8k there today but official attendance announced as 5,773.
Connacht Council personnel in charge.
A cynic might think the debt on McHale being reduced.
A simple ladeen like me would say things like that wouldn't happen.

Looked over 10k in attendance. Did they not want to make it public that a similar size crowd turned up today in Hyde Park than what turned up for their overpriced Connacht final?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SaffronSports

All the group stage is doing is dragging out teams getting to the do or die stages of Championship and coaches undoubtedly still holding a little something in reserve.

How many of these games will you remember next year? There's nothing memorable about them. Just a process to go through to get the stuff that actually matters.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on June 04, 2023, 06:38:45 PM
This country has an obsession with going to the beach when its above 12 degrees and sunny so that might play a factor in atteandances this weekend.

Some of the pitches had more sand than many Irish beaches.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B