Tyrone vs Armagh - 3rd June 7pm - Healy Park, Omagh.

Started by samuel maguire, May 31, 2023, 10:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

screenexile

David McKeown

Quote from: JoG2 on June 03, 2023, 08:54:18 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 03, 2023, 08:47:29 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 03, 2023, 08:03:25 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 03, 2023, 07:53:50 PM
I disagree on the red card there. Well won by the Tyrone man.  Clever play.

May well be the most ridiculous post in the forums history, wish there was a clapping emoji!  :o

Ok. Then I look forward to the video of him. "Dropping the knees' that should be easy found. Obviously the video will show what the Tyrone player is doing at the time

You're saying it's not a red card, that's beyond ridiculous. You could ask 1000 folk and 999 would rightly say its a red.

I could ask a million people and 5 million would correctly say it wasn't. See I too can make up meaningless statistics that add nothing. In the coverage I've seen I see O'Neill in a wrestle with a player who grabs him round the collar and round the leg. I see no deliberate movement of O'Neills knees towards him and I don't see him lift his feet when his knees are in contact so as to increase the weight on the Tyrone player. If the footage shows otherwise and shows the whole incident I will revise my opinion.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

DhoireTheas

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 03, 2023, 08:43:25 PM
O'Se on co-commentary was a dose. Why can't someone other than a Kerry man be assigned to these games?

All those co commentators are hard to listen to. Michael Murphy with his Donegal accent, Philly McMahon with his strong north Dublin accent or Enda McGinley saying "eh, eh" before every sentence. Then there used to be Marty Clarke who for some reason had an Antrim accent even though he was from South Down.

An Watcher

Pretty poor second half from Tyrone but looked very like galway with the roles reversed.  Teams with a man advantage do the bare minimum then the underdog tags on a few points for a grandstand finish.  Tyrone weren't great but comfortable enough at the same time.
Thought some of morgans kick outs were very risky in second half when they didn't need to be.  Some came off and some didnt.  Surely with an extra man it should have been easier?

Armamike

Frustratingly dim witted performance from us.  We again blew a couple of good goal chances early on and then went into our shell.  You get the sense with this team this year that they just don't go for it enough.

Unfortunately Rian has been involved in too much wrestling the past few matches and longer and the chances were he was going to get himself a red card probably sooner rather than later.  He would be better served staying out of it and concentrating on his football.
That's just, like your opinion man.

trueblue1234

Quote from: David McKeown on June 03, 2023, 09:37:27 PM

May well be the most ridiculous post in the forums history, wish there was a clapping emoji!  :o

Ok. Then I look forward to the video of him. "Dropping the knees' that should be easy found. Obviously the video will show what the Tyrone player is doing at the time

You're saying it's not a red card, that's beyond ridiculous. You could ask 1000 folk and 999 would rightly say its a red.

I could ask a million people and 5 million would correctly say it wasn't. See I too can make up meaningless statistics that add nothing. In the coverage I've seen I see O'Neill in a wrestle with a player who grabs him round the collar and round the leg. I see no deliberate movement of O'Neills knees towards him and I don't see him lift his feet when his knees are in contact so as to increase the weight on the Tyrone player. If the footage shows otherwise and shows the whole incident I will revise my opinion.

https://twitter.com/thesundaygame/status/1665065051022041090?s=46&t=FU4PGpspc3gXb5SMJkgzOw

Imo you can see him dropping down on the Tyrone player pretty clearly. I've seen them missed to be fair so was well picked up by the umpire. He didn't seem to query it too much either which is a sure sign for me.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Walter Cronc

tonto1888

He doesn't drop down on him. He does put his knees on his head when they're on the ground tho. Definite red.
What you can see clearly is Harte taking more than 4 steps. Refs need to clamp down on that or the rule needs changing as it isn't fit for purpose

JoG2

Quote from: David McKeown on June 03, 2023, 09:37:27 PM

Tribal I think someone described this as earlier. Knock yourself out, pointless. Cat 3 infraction, red card and minimum 1 game band.

An Watcher

Good to see that type of thing cracked down on.  Its fairly obvious he has his full weight on the guys head.  Scum bag move

trueblue1234

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2023, 09:52:12 PM
He doesn't drop down on him. He does put his knees on his head when they're on the ground tho. Definite red.
What you can see clearly is Harte taking more than 4 steps. Refs need to clamp down on that or the rule needs changing as it isn't fit for purpose
Fair enough. At 1.46 on the clip it definitely looks like he dropped his knees imo.

Steps are a joke, but where do you start. If refs started being strict you wouldn't get a game finished. Most players take 5-6 at a standard every time. Makes it near impossible to properly defend against.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

O'Rourke I safely say be Derry manager before, Armagh or, Tyrone come sniffing round.

ONeill

Snorefest of a match. A couple of moments were decent but in the main it was crap.

Tyrone finding it hard to string 2 good halves together.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tonto1888

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 03, 2023, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 03, 2023, 09:52:12 PM
Fair enough. At 1.46 on the clip it definitely looks like he dropped his knees imo.

Steps are a joke, but where do you start. If refs started being strict you wouldn't get a game finished. Most players take 5-6 at a standard every time. Makes it near impossible to properly defend against.

I will say it again, either refs crack down or, which as you say would be near impossible, or change it