RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Email you should be able to trace etc. but a phone call is just I called but no evidence what is said unless it's recorded so a phone call isn't much good.

Franko

Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2023, 09:11:44 AM
Quote from: Derryman forever on May 22, 2023, 08:58:36 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2023, 09:30:34 AM
Croke Park ordered an audit
There were 5 emails from her father. They went  to an administrator address.
They all got lost. Allegedly
Derry GAA spoke to him this week

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-nicola-gallaghers-father-sent-five-emails-to-gaa-about-rory-gallaghers-alleged-abuse/a295909971.html

The Irish News has reported today that the investigation by croke park, has established that the Email Address used by Nicola's father was last accessed in Feb 2021. A full year prior to his submission of them.
Central GAA advised DCB to remove the address immediately,  which they did last week. There is very clearly an agenda by the independent reporter to misrepresent the facts and damage the GAA in the process.
-So why was the dud email address on the Derry GAA website? Who was responsible for this ?

Ah yes - sure let's sack the volunteer responsible for updating this info

In fairness he/she would probably be delighted

Blame culture alive and well here

thebackbar1

Quote from: Square Ball on May 22, 2023, 11:49:15 AM
Maybe they wanted a paper trail, hard to say what was and what wasn't said in a call unless the call is recorded? Not sure if they are.

agreed, but again normally the best approach is to finish the call by mentioning how you plan to email a copy of what you had discussed to a certain email address belonging to the county and for good measure email croke park too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebackbar1 on May 22, 2023, 01:21:52 PM
Maybe they wanted a paper trail, hard to say what was and what wasn't said in a call unless the call is recorded? Not sure if they are.

agreed, but again normally the best approach is to finish the call by mentioning how you plan to email a copy of what you had discussed to a certain email address belonging to the county and for good measure email croke park too.

not the above case:
So an email goes through to whoever, they discuss said email/allegation with the relevant party, assurances are given that there is an ongoing private matter that has been dealt with by the authorities. Do you disregard that and go down another path or do you based on the email sack him rather than deal with the certain backlash that will come with it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Square Ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2023, 01:48:07 PM
Quote from: thebackbar1 on May 22, 2023, 01:21:52 PM

not the above case:
So an email goes through to whoever, they discuss said email/allegation with the relevant party, assurances are given that there is an ongoing private matter that has been dealt with by the authorities. Do you disregard that and go down another path or do you based on the email sack him rather than deal with the certain backlash that will come with it?
Personly if no reply to an email I ring, if possible, discuss the email, then send one, following our discussions please see summary below and list what was discussed, but that's me.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

WT4E

JoG2

Quote from: WT4E on August 25, 2023, 08:04:37 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2023, 07:42:57 AM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ulster-gaa-appoints-independent-panel-to-review-allegations-against-former-derry-boss-rory-gallagher/a1456301395.html

Heard a rumour there has been a court case or something like since the time which exonerates RG and he will be taken back by Derry next year.

You've your finger on the pulse re Gallagher, are these the same rumours you heard before or a new source?

seanyb

Quote from: JoG2 on August 25, 2023, 09:44:50 AM
Quote from: WT4E on August 25, 2023, 08:04:37 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2023, 07:42:57 AM
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/ulster-gaa-appoints-independent-panel-to-review-allegations-against-former-derry-boss-rory-gallagher/a1456301395.html

Heard a rumour there has been a court case or something like since the time which exonerates RG and he will be taken back by Derry next year.

You've your finger on the pulse re Gallagher, are these the same rumours you heard before or a new source?
[/quote

Heard something very similar

LeoMc

Is he not working with Banty down in Monaghan?

bennydorano

Just after reading Cahir O'Kanes assessment of Derry's year in the Irish News, interesting to note he mentioned rumours of Gallagher's return sweeping the county under the Manager status section - no doubt fueled by the no news in regards to Meenagh's future.

naka

Quote from: bennydorano on August 25, 2023, 10:18:01 AM
Just after reading Cahir O'Kanes assessment of Derry's year in the Irish News, interesting to note he mentioned rumours of Gallagher's return sweeping the county under the Manager status section - no doubt fueled by the no news in regards to Meenagh's future.
interesting how they would close out the maguire allegations

tbrick18

In purely management terms, I'd 100% welcome RG back, though I've heard nothing about this being even a possibility.
But if as some people have said he has been exonerated through courts, then there shouldn't be any barriers to his return.
It would still be a big decision for DCB though as I'm sure there will still be a contingent who would not want him associated with Derry even if he was exonerated as they will say just because he got off doesn't mean he's innocent. Last thing we'd need is protests or social media campaigns.

seafoid

It's complicated. .Ask Paddy Jackson
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tbrick18

Quote from: seafoid on August 25, 2023, 11:27:43 AM
It's complicated. .Ask Paddy Jackson

I forgot all about him, and his mate too who's name I cant remember.
He still did go on to continue his rugby career, just not here.

Decent comparison I guess, though his was a court case played out in public where all the sordid details from both sides came out.
We don't have anything like that level of detail in the RG case. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.