Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 09:50:37 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 08:55:53 PM
Doing well to be out any derry men last nite when the team bus only passed me with police going towards Monaghan town just before 9pm, so I call bullshit on that one.
Do you really think the Derry boys weren't out last night

Derry were in Marys last night. 30 odd pics on the fb. None of RG that i seen..

OakLeaf

The Derry team was in Mary's and then Dormans but Gallagher most definitely was not there. Someone was circulating a video of Gallagher in LJs last year. Sad people.

Orior

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 15, 2023, 09:50:10 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2023, 09:41:21 PM
Not near enough ladies toilets for the eastern stand. Some were contemplating using the gents.

Some did

Seen a few posts on Derry fans. Can I just say that those around me were friendly, passionate, knowledgable and gracious in victory. Good people

I concur. All very gracious in victory, and while I was gutted, I was just pleased to have witnessed such a great game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trailer

Quote from: Orior on May 15, 2023, 09:41:21 PM
Not near enough ladies toilets for the eastern stand. Some were contemplating using the gents.

And yet plenty of contributors here think Casement isn't needed.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on May 15, 2023, 10:10:07 PM
I was nearly surrounded by Derry fans every one of them shook hands with me on the way out. Good side will be hard to beat. Will come out of that group easily. Heartbreaking losing on penalties. Should never be a way to lose a game. Hopefully Jarleth will get rid of it next year.

I have to add...

The Armagh fans around me were great people....

The penalties..... a horrible way to suffer in defeat ......and I felt really sorry for them.....knowing if the shoe had of been on the other foot...

Also out the back of the Gerry Arthur and whilst trying to recover from defeat a few of the Armagh players stopped to take photos or exchange pleasantries with young Derry fans on their way to the bus...

Most notably Rian O'Neill and Soupy Campbell....and a few others I didn't recognise....

tonto1888

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 15, 2023, 10:39:13 PM
I was nearly surrounded by Derry fans every one of them shook hands with me on the way out. Good side will be hard to beat. Will come out of that group easily. Heartbreaking losing on penalties. Should never be a way to lose a game. Hopefully Jarleth will get rid of it next year.

I have to add...

The penalties..... a horrible way to suffer in defeat ......and I felt really sorry for them.....knowing if the shoe had of been on the other foot...

Also out the back of the Gerry Arthur and whilst trying to recover from defeat a few of the Armagh players stopped to take photos or exchange pleasantries with young Derry fans on their way to the bus...

Most notably Rian O'Neill and Soupy Campbell....and a few others I didn't recognise....

Regardless of their antics on the pitch, and I'm talking about players from all teams not those two mentioned, players generally make time for fans. It's good to see

p3427977

Quote from: OakLeaf on May 15, 2023, 10:28:25 PM
The Derry team was in Mary's and then Dormans but Gallagher most definitely was not there. Someone was circulating a video of Gallagher in LJs last year. Sad people.
Thank f**k for that.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 15, 2023, 10:41:03 PM

I have to add...

Regardless of their antics on the pitch, and I'm talking about players from all teams not those two mentioned, players generally make time for fans. It's good to see

Really good to see...

Considering how the form would be after suffering defeat in such a way....

The Watcher Pat

I have to add...

I brought my nephew to meet the Armagh players in the  Athletic Grounds. Standing talking to a fella. He asked him who his favourite player was. Nephew said Ethan Rafferty. He said "I'm Ethan Rafferty" You want to seen his wee face. Brilliant
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

smelmoth

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 15, 2023, 08:47:15 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on May 15, 2023, 08:22:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 15, 2023, 08:19:03 PM
Quote from: leenie on May 15, 2023, 08:15:15 PM
I don't need anything to be true.. He was at owenbeg on Saturday and out with some members of derry team last night.. I also know at the ulster final yesterday there were young males chanting "there's only one Rory gallagher" and older derry supporters had to tell them to shut up

Of course you need it to be true. If it's been made up and circulated the perpetrators of that are clearly scum of the earth.

I make no statement as to the veracity of the claim. But I stick by the claim that if people are making sh1t up about this issue then they need to have a good look at themselves.

While I agree with you, I've heard this from 3 or 4 different sources now. The training session that is. Not a night out

And if it did happen, then the claim won't have been made up and I will have no issue with the statement.

And if it did happen then Derry are foooooooked.

I'll reserve judgement until I see hard evidence.

First I heard of rg at training or out with the team, but if it did happen, please describe what you mean when you say derry are foooooked.

Edit: just realised there's a separate thread for this stuff. And actually, more I think about it, the less I want to comment on any of it because none of us know anything about any of it.

The sole action of Derry has been to stand him down. If it turned out that they in fact only stood him down from public facing duties and retained him behind the scenes then I don't think I need to explain the hellish position Derry would be in.

All that is based on an if. I am not saying those allegations about training etc are actually true. My instinct is that they can't be true. The degree of monumental stupidity required to do that is beyond credibility.

Wildweasel74

Well if you don't think they are true, why post them, about time people dealt in facts only, not I heard from this mucker. All this rumour shit the way Trump edged himself to power in America by spreading enough misinformation.

twohands!!!

An Armagh player was allegedly 'bitten' by a Derry opponent during Sunday's dramatic Ulster senior football final in Clones.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41139958.html

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 15, 2023, 11:04:41 PM
Well if you don't think they are true, why post them, about time people dealt in facts only, not I heard from this mucker. All this rumour shit the way Trump edged himself to power in America by spreading enough misinformation.

I haven't posted them nor said they true.

Wildweasel74

Who scored the penalties in the McKenna cup against Down, much change from yesterday (McFaul obviously)

Eire90

if casement gets built i think they should at least have one final every four years at clones.