Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

QuoteDraw was fair reflection in the 90 minutes whereby both had opportunities to win it. Whatever about other sports it's hard to warm to penalty shootouts in GAA especially in finals like today but what can be done in such congested season.  Derry will be favourites to top their group now, Armagh go in with Galway,Tyrone and neither at home.

Next score wins if times up? Johnno used to do that for all our training matches in school no matter what the score was 😀
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

redzone

Didn't see et or penalties but I couldn't believe when Morgan was in the parade. Radio said he fouled on the 65 and it was brought in for descent for mcguigan to send it to penalties. Who was doing the talking back??

5times5times

Quote from: redzone on May 14, 2023, 07:19:05 PM
Didn't see et or penalties but I couldn't believe when Morgan was in the parade. Radio said he fouled on the 65 and it was brought in for descent for mcguigan to send it to penalties. Who was doing the talking back??

Another Cross man, Oneill. Shock.. and he's captain? Clown

seafoid

Quote from: square_ball on May 14, 2023, 06:44:47 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on May 14, 2023, 06:41:21 PM
Surprised BBC asked the question of Ciaran Menagh if he would still be manager next week. Felt he gave a good reply in the circumstances

What did he say?
https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1657807511649484800
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: full moon on May 14, 2023, 07:12:24 PM
Armagh won't get a better chance than that. They're missing something.
They are too soft. The match was there for the taking. Going to penalties means no control.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2023, 07:30:31 PM
They are too soft. The match was there for the taking. Going to penalties means no control.

That makes no sense whatsoever
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Ciaran Meenagh sports washing Ciaran McFaul was f**king weird.

Derry have won the Ulster championship but they've lost the PR battle.
I'm aware Meenagh is from Tyrone. He got this wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 14, 2023, 07:38:56 PM

If you're looking to be outraged you're doing a good job
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Do you think it could be seen as a  jersey clash did anyone mention it on here.

full moon

I don't think Armagh are soft at all tbh. They have an edge to him. I also don't think they are lacking quality players, they have a lot of individual talent there at least as much if not more than Derry.

I think you would have to look at tactics and the way they are set up. I'm not sure exactly, although Derry are very difficult team to play against no doubt about it.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2023, 07:39:53 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 14, 2023, 07:38:56 PM

If you're looking to be outraged you're doing a good job

I'm not outraged.

Itchy

Was there a big thank you for Rory Gallagher in the speech or did he manage to avoid it someway. Wasntb shown on tv.
I think it was two evenly matched teams, draw fair result. I thought neither team utilised the wind so it wasn't just McGeeney. Derry were in an excellent place at HT and didn't push on, likewise Armagh in 1st period of extra time. Hard to figure why.

NotedObserver

Armagh showed how to stop Derry without having the quality at the other end. Ulster the most competitive but got a feeling they have the weakest top teams

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2023, 07:31:58 PM

That makes no sense whatsoever
They were 2 points up. They couldn't close the deal. Sylvie knew how to win and he said you can't win anything without a few tinkers. 

full moon

Quote from: Itchy on May 14, 2023, 07:43:08 PM
Was there a big thank you for Rory Gallagher in the speech or did he manage to avoid it someway. Wasntb shown on tv.
I think it was two evenly matched teams, draw fair result. I thought neither team utilised the wind so it wasn't just McGeeney. Derry were in an excellent place at HT and didn't push on, likewise Armagh in 1st period of extra time. Hard to figure why.
Was on BBCNI he thanked the management. I'd imagine they were instructed not to mention RG, the Ulster council chaps were probably on edge it would come up