Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: maggie on May 10, 2023, 08:45:22 PM
I would think any man who would treat you like that/but you can't leave or get away from- then turning to or becoming reliant on alcohol would be a coping mechanism or a way to try and block it out.

Plus it's a very coherent and detailed post from someone who is allegedly on a 7 day bender or drunk.

I feel for the children in this situation-not sure what ages they are but if they are at the age to use social media themselves, they will no doubt be made aware of all this.
There are no winners in such a situation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

I remember rumours went around about Graham Geraghty doing similar back in the 90's but turned out to be malicious lies being spread. So it might not be true at all but you'd expect Rory will have to step aside till it's proven to be one way or the other.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

smort

24hrs  now since the Facebook Post, Derry county board would need to be very careful, crisis management 101 would have you get ahead of the story

You'd imagine this could be news in the morning, and if there has been no action taken by then, decisions will be made under a lot of pressure. Although I was talking to a man who was to be in owenbeg tonight but the training was cancelled...

An Watcher

Fair point Maggie.  First time I heard their kids mentioned.   No winners in any of this

imtommygunn

Quote from: thejuice on May 10, 2023, 09:05:59 PM
I remember rumours went around about Graham Geraghty doing similar back in the 90's but turned out to be malicious lies being spread. So it might not be true at all but you'd expect Rory will have to step aside till it's proven to be one way or the other.

The more you hear the more unlikely it seems that what happened geraghty is the case here.

Derry county board will have to do something.

Armaghtothebone

Over 12 hours.

No denial.
No holding statement.
No statement from a solicitor.
Nothing.

Very very strange.

ck

Quote from: seafoid on May 10, 2023, 07:01:33 PM
You can only admire the bravery of Ms Gallagher for writing what she did. It can't have been easy to confront that history and come out the other side.

Well said, a brave women after years of abuse.
Hope Derry GAA do the right thing.

red hander

Harold Disgracey

WIN 2 x ULSTER FINAL TICKETS!

Dream Team

Simply enter our Armagh GAA Dreamteam fundraiser and you will be in the draw for 2 highly sought after tickets to this Sunday's Ulster Final between Armagh and Derry in Clones. Competition closes 10pm Friday 12th May! Winners will be announced on Derrynoose GAC social media.

Each entry to the dream team counts as an entry for the tickets!

https://www.armaghdreamteam.co.uk/

pbat

Story on the Irish News website now without naming RG. Can't understand Derry's silence, as someone mentioned at least try get a holding statement out. 

Itchy

Quote from: pbat on May 10, 2023, 09:39:44 PM
Story on the Irish News website now without naming RG. Can't understand Derry's silence, as someone mentioned at least try get a holding statement out.

In fairness, this exploded this morning. They need to act quickly but also be very careful what they do too or they could face a civil case down the road.

Mourne Red

From Irish News

A PSNI spokeswoman said: "We do not comment on named individuals and no inference should be drawn from this."

It is understood that the Garda is aware of matters posted online and has engaged with an individual involved. No formal complaint has been received.

"An Garda Síochána does not comment on material posted online," a spokesman said.

"Any person who is the victim of, or who knows or suspects they know a victim of domestic abuse, or who may wish to report or discuss an incident of domestic or sexual abuse is encouraged to contact 112/ 999 or their local Garda station or a domestic abuse support agency."

The sporting organisation also did not respond to a request for a comment.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Itchy on May 10, 2023, 09:41:41 PM
Quote from: pbat on May 10, 2023, 09:39:44 PM

In fairness, this exploded this morning. They need to act quickly but also be very careful what they do too or they could face a civil case down the road.

Would they not be ok to address the allegations that have been put into the public? It's not like employment law is an issue. Surely they can ask a volunteer to step aside at anytime especially given the circumstances. Can't see any comeback for Rory. Not that I'd think he would kick up anyway. Id still expect him to remove himself from the equation for Derry's benefit.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Mourne Red

Chatting a boy there went to the GAA Social live podcast - Statement out tomorrow from RG, they addressed it before they went live he said obvs to avoid any questions during the live recording

trailer

Derry not looking good in all this. Slow response helps no one.