Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Hopefully you all get sorted lads even if you have to head to the hill with the buckfast brigade lol.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 03, 2023, 11:34:50 AM
Hopefully you all get sorted lads even if you have to head to the hill with the buckfast brigade lol.

Gimme the hill any day over sitting with the Ulster GAA blazers 😎

smelmoth

There is a fair chance of this being a sell out. That is a great thing but it comes with the downside of those unable to get tickets.

Any single stream system of distributing tickets will be unfair. Offering some through the clubs and some via general release with a window or the club system to play out first looks fairest.

Sole reliance on the clubs is obviously unfair. Most counties will have a fair percentage of loyal followers who live outside the county and will not be club members in their own county. There has to be some means of them availing tickets. But inevitably some will be disappointed.

This could be a good game but it's guaranteed to be a massive occasion. There are 3 other provincial finals in the the offing for which there is little or no noise and very little anticipation.

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 03, 2023, 11:34:50 AM

The question would be, how are busloads of bowsies able to get tickets? Which club provides these?

While there always should be tickets for people who work in clubs, when you get down to the people who just come along then the GAA should be able to integrate some of its data. You could be in a club as a plain member, have bought several tickets in ticketmaster for earlier games, have a GAAGo season ticket, and so be a person that should be able to get tickets at some level, but there is no picture of you when tickets are distributed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

Quote from: general_lee on May 03, 2023, 10:23:52 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on May 03, 2023, 09:58:37 AM
Quote from: screenexile on May 03, 2023, 12:07:16 AM
Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 10:05:20 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 02, 2023, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: markl121 on May 02, 2023, 05:38:24 PM
Tickets only going to clubs and season tickets. Only going on general sale if any are returned from clubs  :-[
What is the issue here? I've seen people (presumably non-GAA members) gurning on Facebook about the clubs getting first preference...
Think the issue is why hasn't it been done in the earlier rounds as opposed to just the final. I know a lot of lads who aren't club members but go to every game

Bandwagoners... Tell them to pony up and pay their club membership.

High demand games like provincial finals and All Ireland finals have always gone through clubs this isn't new information!!!

Generally I'd agree.
In my situation though I now live in another county and am a club member there, but still go to all the Derry matches I can.
Looks like I'm going to be ruled out of getting tickets for myself and the kids for the final.
Can you not apply for tickets from your new club?

I asked last night and for now they are not getting any unless  armagh and derry return tickets.
If they get any, I'll be top of the list as entire family are members and I coach. But looking doubtful at the minute.

Wildweasel74

Should look at a county issue supporters card possible through membership of club Derry or sthing, which you could also get swiped for attending a game. I had serious hassle getting a ticket last year, as my Club had went under, and joining another club didn't feel right. I look at a season ticket nxt year but the value out of them money wise is not what it was 7/8yrs ago when I was last a season ticket holder.

Wildweasel74

Walter in relation to a ballot, to me it should be among active members in the club, I know a few from Maghera who only ended up at the final without been at any game previous last year. Derry are one of the worst offenders for jump on the bag on wagon supporters, who never go to games only a few years bck.

Cavan19

Quote from: smelmoth on May 03, 2023, 11:58:02 AM

This could be a good game but it's guaranteed to be a massive occasion. There are 3 other provincial finals in the the offing for which there is little or no noise and very little anticipation.

Hopefully it's better than last years snorefest anyway what was happening on the field sucked the energy and excitement from the crowd.

Wildweasel74

Well if Armagh mirror Derry like Donegal last year I wouldn't be expecting a shot out.

Mario

Quote from: Cavan19 on May 03, 2023, 03:44:07 PM

Hopefully it's better than last years snorefest anyway what was happening on the field sucked the energy and excitement from the crowd.
I enjoyed that game. I was shocked when i got home and saw the reaction. Conclusion from that is as long as Derry win i don't really care how!

Armagh18

Quote from: Mario on May 03, 2023, 04:29:15 PM

I enjoyed that game. I was shocked when i got home and saw the reaction. Conclusion from that is as long as Derry win i don't really care how!
Yeah probably thinking the same myself. Remember thinking at the time vs Kerry and Galway that it was shite football, but we could have won both those games and I would have remembered the result a lot more than the spectacle. Can see this one being cagey as well but would imagine we'll try the long ball as often as possible.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Mario on May 03, 2023, 04:29:15 PM

Enjoyed it myself. Apart from Lynch near causing a heart attack on a few occasions!

armaghniac

70% probability of rain forecast, albeit it is quite far away at this stage. There will be more than one shower in Clones!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

anportmorforjfc

Season tickets out for game, Pat McGrane stand. Does anyone know the seating layout?