Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 21, 2023, 06:59:00 PM
There will be a Junior competition in the future that would include Warwichshire, New York, London, Kilkenny, Waterford, and would be open to a standard of representation from other areas such as Scotland and Europe.

Junior championship on in July.  Four teams taking part.  British winner and runner up,Kilkenny and New York.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

imtommygunn

There's no difference to the senior though.  There will be some big beatings shipped in it too.

Blowitupref

Two week break until the final round of group games. New York will take the spot of the worst 3rd place team in preliminary quarter finals and the group winner will have a home Quarter final.

Remaining games (neutral venues)

Cavan v Offaly
Laois V London

Meath v Down
Tipperary v Waterford

Limerick V Wicklow
Longford v Carlow

Fermanagh V Antrim
Wexford v Leitrim
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Champion The Wonder Horse

onefineday

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on May 21, 2023, 09:19:03 PM
Wicklow only team already out?
Hadn't realised that - assumed that mathematically everyone would still have a chance of progressing until their final match, but you are correct. They're out. Still, successful season for them.

Blowitupref

Confirmed venues and throw in times for the round 3 matches.

Saturday 3rd June

Cavan v Offaly - Pearse Park 3pm
Laois v London - Parnell Park 3pm
Meath v Down - Parnell Park 1pm  on GAAGO
Tipp v Waterford - Páirc Uí Chaoimh 1pm

Sunday June 4th

Limerick v Wicklow - O' Moore Park 1pm
Longford v Carlow - O'Moore Park 3pm
Wexford v Leitrim - Parnell Park 3pm
Fermanagh v Antrim - Athletic Grounds 3pm

snoopdog

Quote from: joemamas on May 22, 2023, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 22, 2023, 10:32:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82VswJAC9sQ&pp=ygUUZG9uYWwgb2cgc3VuZGF5IGdhbWU%3D

Deflection & Denial from Donal Og, pure clown.

Good for Joanne Cantwell for standing up to him.
She is a dreadful presenter. I switch off when I see her. I think most of the panels can't be arsed with her either

Milltown Row2

Never watch the shite before the game starts or half chat, as it's a waste of time, I'm not getting any extra insight into the game, unless stating the obvious is what you need.

But happened to be shown that incident with Donal Og, she'd no need to bring shite football chat into that and it was embarrassing all round. People who do like that stuff what to hear about hurling, not getting a reaction by blindsiding someone.

The last secondary competition in football 'The Tommy Cooper cup' was ridiculed left right and centre, this cup has just been marketed better and a better buy in for some reason.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rudi on May 22, 2023, 10:32:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82VswJAC9sQ&pp=ygUUZG9uYWwgb2cgc3VuZGF5IGdhbWU%3D

Deflection & Denial from Donal Og, pure clown.

All looks a little scripted. Donal Og has grabbed the attention he was seeking.  RTE be it Rugby,Football or soccer had this gimmick with one lad in the studio to grab attention in Dunphy,Brolly and George Hook and it looks like they are doing the same with hurling now.

thejuice

I'd have us as underdogs against Down based on the two games so far, Tipp and Waterford managed to get behind us and scored 1-25 altogether whereas Down conceded about half that. We're scoring at least with Lynch, Morris, Costello and Lenihan consistently on the scoresheet but defensively still too loose. I don't get the sense CO'R is going to suddenly tell lads to drop back.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ardtole

An experimental Down team beat Offaly comfortably in Tullamore in the last round of d3 league games. Offaly still had a good chance of promotion going into the final fixture, so I'd presume they were at full strength.

I was genuinely suprised when they beat Meath in Leinster,  because Offaly were very poor in our league fixture. I would make us slight favourites but at the same time Meath secured div 2 status and we failed to get out of div 3.

thejuice

So Meath fans will have to make a mad dash from Parnell Park to Croker on the same day to see this Down game and the Christy Ring final. Suppose it could be worse but could move them to the same venue surely. Maybe just watch the Down game on GAAGO while sat in the Hogan instead
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/26/gaa-president-says-donal-og-cusacks-comments-on-the-tailteann-cup-werent-helpful/

In time, Dónal Óg Cusack might eventually be namechecked as the GAA's foremost Tailteann Cup promotional campaigner – an inadvertent one-man marketing band for also-rans.
The former Cork hurling goalkeeper has come in for criticism because of his recent comments on the second-tier football championship, but his pronouncements have helped generate a level of unexpected commotion around the competition that would get PR companies weak at the knees.
GAA president Larry McCarthy has now poured fresh fuel on the fire, acknowledging Cusack's disparaging remarks hadn't gone unnoticed in Croke Park.
"They weren't helpful," said McCarthy. "We obviously have a very successful tiered system in hurling, and to make comments like that about the tiered system we have introduced in football was just simply unhelpful."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU