Tailteann Cup 2023 - Rules from GAA Master Fixtures List

Started by GAABoardMod5, March 29, 2023, 02:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Blowitupref

Quote from: yellowcard on May 03, 2023, 10:19:08 AM
Is it 2 or 3 teams to qualify from each group?

Same as the All-Ireland group apart from the worst place 3rd place team won't go through and their spot in the 2nd v 3rd play off taken by New York.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manwithnoplan

Cunny Funt

Blowitupref

Only the first round fixtures confirmed today. Down fixture not confirmed for whatever reason.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

stiff breeze

Anything to do with under 20s still being in competition I wonder ...

Blowitupref

Quote from: stiff breeze on May 05, 2023, 04:09:35 PM

Perhaps and i don't believe the 7 day rule on U20 players applies for the Tailteann Cup

snoopdog

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2023, 04:41:20 PM

Perhaps and i don't believe the 7 day rule on U20 players applies for the Tailteann Cup
This comp is due to start the same weekend as the U20 Final. So If Down beat Kildare the seniors and U20s can't play same day.

armaghniac

Quote from: snoopdog on May 05, 2023, 05:38:48 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 05, 2023, 04:41:20 PM

This comp is due to start the same weekend as the U20 Final. So If Down beat Kildare the seniors and U20s can't play same day.

I wonder when did Waterford last play in Newry?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardtole

I remember them playing in Newry in the nfl during James McCartans playing days. Down beat them well that day is all I remember.

Blowitupref

2023 Tailteann Cup launched today.

Larry McCarthy

"We are confident the Tailteann Cup will grow and grow but we are also not complacent. And as I have said before about being wary of a sophomore slump, we are determined to ensure that we build further on the excellent foundation laid in the Tailteann Cup last summer and see even more progress made this year.

"That success is built on our commitment to its marketing and promotion, the use of Croke Park, the prominence given to its crucial fixtures in our calendar, as well as a dedicated awards ceremony, a holiday prize fund and the guarantee of a place in the Sam Maguire Cup in 2024 for its champions.

"These significant gestures will only ever be a supporting cast. The real stars will always be the games and the players on centre stage and what the Tailteann Cup showed was that when teams of equal ability meet, the games are hugely competitive and hugely enjoyable."

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 08, 2023, 05:33:46 PM
2023 Tailteann Cup launched today.

Larry McCarthy

"We are confident the Tailteann Cup will grow and grow but we are also not complacent. And as I have said before about being wary of a sophomore slump, we are determined to ensure that we build further on the excellent foundation laid in the Tailteann Cup last summer and see even more progress made this year.

"That success is built on our commitment to its marketing and promotion, the use of Croke Park, the prominence given to its crucial fixtures in our calendar, as well as a dedicated awards ceremony, a holiday prize fund and the guarantee of a place in the Sam Maguire Cup in 2024 for its champions.

"These significant gestures will only ever be a supporting cast. The real stars will always be the games and the players on centre stage and what the Tailteann Cup showed was that when teams of equal ability meet, the games are hugely competitive and hugely enjoyable."
Have to say the Meath and Down jerseys look weird in that line up.
Ni uasal agis iseal ach thuas seal agus thios seal.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

full moon

Donal Og Cusack having another pop at the Tailteann now he seems to care for nothing only Munster Hurling.

full moon

I don't think the ticket price increases and extra matches coupled with the condensed calendar will do anything for the Tailteann this year. Sam Maguire and Hurling will take all the attention.

There isn't any justification for ticket price increases and I'd say crowds may be fairly poor this weekend. There's a danger this turns into the Joe McDonagh or Tommy Murphy although I think there is more crowd interest for latter stages.

Rossfan

Charging €15 and €5 for children to Group games is crazy stuff and will do nothing to attract people to the games.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM