Feigning Injuries

Started by mrdeeds, March 06, 2023, 12:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 09, 2023, 03:03:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2023, 02:03:30 PM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on March 09, 2023, 01:52:20 PM
8 week ban for this and he got off on appeal. The rulebook/disciplinary process needs to be rewritten. Hate the game, not the player.

For all the weights these footballers do they go down pretty quick!! No defence for that shite!! Is he still playing?

Rode off into the sunset with his all-ireland medal. Which is one more than anyone here.

He's apologised on the record for it years ago, but that will never satisfy some people who will harbour bitterness towards Tyrone for rest of their life.
A slight hint of victim hood there,  with a tinge of  barely perceptible martyrdom  :)

What gets me is that an official had a front seat view for both profile incidents (Tiernan and Aidan O'Mahony), the best in the house  yet fluffed their duty spectacularly. A player might have an excuse for losing their rag/head  in an intense game but both of those officials have no excuse seeing as they were eyeballing what transpired.

lenny

8 week ban for this and he got off on appeal. The rulebook/disciplinary process needs to be rewritten. Hate the game, not the player.

For all the weights these footballers do they go down pretty quick!! No defence for that shite!! Is he still playing?

Rode off into the sunset with his all-ireland medal. Which is one more than anyone here.

He's apologised on the record for it years ago, but that will never satisfy some people who will harbour bitterness towards Tyrone for rest of their life.

I've never seen or read any apology from him. The only thing I ever read was him talking about how he was the real victim in the situation and looking for sympathy which he got in bucket loads from his loyal tyrone fans who could see no wrong in what he did. Even now there's never an unequivocal criticism of him by tyrone fans without some whatabutery included. It's pathetic that they can't just see what a pathetic dive it was and how they might've got a short term win by him getting off but it didn't do tyrone or the game any good in the long run.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on March 14, 2023, 08:30:53 PM

I've never seen or read any apology from him. The only thing I ever read was him talking about how he was the real victim in the situation and looking for sympathy which he got in bucket loads from his loyal tyrone fans who could see no wrong in what he did. Even now there's never an unequivocal criticism of him by tyrone fans without some whatabutery included. It's pathetic that they can't just see what a pathetic dive it was and how they might've got a short term win by him getting off but it didn't do tyrone or the game any good in the long run.
Still struggling with the auld reading. Education levels in Derry seem to dropping at a significant rant rate.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyrone08

Bit of a silly post. There were at least 2 newspaper articles in the years after it in which he apologised. Never seen too many tyrone fans defending it as it was a stupid action he did. They were right however in pointing out other examples due to the hypocrisy of it. Again this is why he got off with it as the gaa never took action on any of the numerous previous incidents. I would say getting a player sent off in an all ireland final is worse, see a kerry player for that.

The gaa need to take a stand on it and not only when a certain team is involved. These issues happen due to inaction and no clear follow up by the gaa.

lenny

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 14, 2023, 08:44:20 PM

Still struggling with the auld reading. Education levels in Derry seem to dropping at a significant rant rate.

Point me to any article which contains an apology from him. I read numerous articles and interviews with him in the subsequent years where the disgraceful dive was brought up and not once did he apologise. I'm quite content to be proved wrong and will happily apologise if you can show me a link to an apology from mccann.

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on March 14, 2023, 09:14:30 PM

Point me to any article which contains an apology from him. I read numerous articles and interviews with him in the subsequent years where the disgraceful dive was brought up and not once did he apologise. I'm quite content to be proved wrong and will happily apologise if you can show me a link to an apology from mccann.

I never mentioned an apology. There we go with that lack of reading again. Must do better.

I was more interested in your fibs about no Tyrone posters unequivocally condemning his actions. You seem to be unable to separate the actions of McCann and then the subsequent actions of the GAA.

As I said standards are slipping.

Main Street

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 14, 2023, 09:28:59 PM

I never mentioned an apology. There we go with that lack of reading again. Must do better.

I was more interested in your fibs about no Tyrone posters unequivocally condemning his actions. You seem to be unable to separate the actions of McCann and then the subsequent actions of the GAA.

You butted into a part of the discussion where Red Hand had claimed McCann had apologised, he was taken to task by Lenny and you offered some bizarre derogatory personal comment whilst missing the germane point of Lenny's reply, namely  the 'apology'.

I have read one article where McCann offered some sort of a low level apology, claimed he's been a good boy since, therefore his apology was more defined by his good behaviour since.
Regardless, Darren is on good friendly terms with quite a few from that Tyrone squad and mentioned he has never received a phone call from McCann who was given his number by those 'good tyronies'.

tyrone08

He even uses the word sorry

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/gaelic-football/gaelic-football-news/tiernan-mccann-admits-regrets-infamous-11869990.amp

Again this doest change the horrible act that he did however until the gaa take serious action at each case then its going to keep happening

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2023, 07:29:25 AM
Sorry he got caught  ;)

There probably is truth to that lol.

Was watching the rugby at the weekend and it really is night and day on how players react. In rugby there is no shouting or hounding at the ref, no diving or fans booing the free taker. The gaa need to start going down this road.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 15, 2023, 08:08:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2023, 07:29:25 AM
Sorry he got caught  ;)

There probably is truth to that lol.

Was watching the rugby at the weekend and it really is night and day on how players react. In rugby there is no shouting or hounding at the ref, no diving or fans booing the free taker. The gaa need to start going down this road.

A lot of it down to the ref's, first match this season, I booked the first person who showed dissent, there was no talking the rest of the game, move the ball forward at every opportunity and that also happened in the rugby at the weekend, its zero tolerance, whether that is respect or discipline I don't know, though I find it's the latter..

When its done here the cries are "the ref wants to be the center of attention" or " It's all about him" pure bullshit, the ref wants off the pitch as quick and unnoticed as possible.

Did a game last night, unusual as it was a schools all stars selection game, not a peep, nothing the whole game, now I'm not sure if they were told that chit chat with the ref would mark them down or they just got on with trying to impress I don't know, but it flowed well and no hassle

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Main Street on March 15, 2023, 01:20:51 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 14, 2023, 09:28:59 PM

You butted into a part of the discussion where Red Hand had claimed McCann had apologised, he was taken to task by Lenny and you offered some bizarre derogatory personal comment whilst missing the germane point of Lenny's reply, namely  the 'apology'.

I have read one article where McCann offered some sort of a low level apology, claimed he's been a good boy since, therefore his apology was more defined by his good behaviour since.
Regardless, Darren is on good friendly terms with quite a few from that Tyrone squad and mentioned he has never received a phone call from McCann who was given his number by those 'good tyronies'.
I'm entitled to reply to any post I feel the need too. Much the same way you decided to butt into this conversation as well. The more the merrier.
I made a comment in relation to part of Lenny's post about how Tyrone people were not excusing McCann of his actions. Which links to previous posts from other Derry posters on the page previously. I don't have to address his post line by line. If you can't work out the connection then sometimes it's better to remain silent.