NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreadnought

Happy with the win. Turgid 1st half with those tough conditions, but Cavan showed where they're at to snap a number of poor halves and see this off. A strong bench helped, and were fit to string 5 points unanswered twice to win this. Ref was a bit odd on some calls after I watched back. Fermanagh will learn though. First time to Croker in a while, and coming back from the high of last week is always tough. 2nd Division football for both next year will be great. Tough ask next for Fermanagh v Derry (although they'll be soul searching a bit), while Cavan will be looking forward to the winners of Armagh/Antrim. Well done Cavan.

SouthOfThe Bann

Thought I'll get in early with my predictions for this years Division 3 League.

1. Down
2. Westmeath
3. Sligo
4. Clare
5. Antrim
6. Offaly
7. Wicklow
8. Limerick

ardtole

Down are away to Westmeath this year, so I'd give them a slight advantage.

I think Antrim will finish higher than 5th also, they were unlucky not to win in Newry last year, and gave Meath a right good game in Croke Park last season in the Tailtain Cup.

That's another tricky away game for Down too.

SouthOfThe Bann

In fairness Sligo, Clare, Offaly, and Antrim could finish in any order.

Wicklow if they get things right might stay up, but it won't be simple for them

manwithnoplan

I would predict

1. Antrim
2. Down
3. Westmeath
4. Sligo
5. Clare
6. Offaly
7. Wicklow
8. Limerick

Antrim looked to be heading in the right direction last year, and if they can build a little more on some very good performances I can see them winning the type of games that they narrowly lost last year. Similar thoughts regarding Down, a few late errors cost them wins last year and I'd hope they can make that extra step this year. Westmeath obviously the danger to both of these teams, and with them having the home game against Down, it could be decisive at the end of the league.

Goals_Will_Come

Would Clare not be relegation candidates based on their player turnover this season and the last two seasons.

imtommygunn

Interesting set of results. Mostly went as expected but I think it was a bit unpredictable what would happen in Antrim limerick and Clare Sligo. It'll be a tight division.

grounded

Quote from: manwithnoplan on January 12, 2024, 03:25:06 PMI would predict

1. Antrim
2. Down
3. Westmeath
4. Sligo
5. Clare
6. Offaly
7. Wicklow
8. Limerick

Antrim looked to be heading in the right direction last year, and if they can build a little more on some very good performances I can see them winning the type of games that they narrowly lost last year. Similar thoughts regarding Down, a few late errors cost them wins last year and I'd hope they can make that extra step this year. Westmeath obviously the danger to both of these teams, and with them having the home game against Down, it could be decisive at the end of the league.

So far so good with that league prediction.
  Down play Antrim in round 3 in Corrigan Park. Antrim were very unlucky last year in park Esler and should really have won.
     Westmeath have a home draw against Down which could prove to be very significant.

OakLeaf

Quote from: grounded on February 04, 2024, 08:11:27 PMSo far so good with that league prediction.
  Down play Antrim in round 3 in Corrigan Park. Antrim were very unlucky last year in park Esler and should really have won.
     Westmeath have a home draw against Down which could prove to be very significant.

Down have progressed a good bit since then. I think they have too much for Antrim. Time will tell I suppose.

imtommygunn

Antrim have a pile of injuries too so I think down have too much. Interesting division. Early stages say limerick in bother and possibly Wicklow too but a bit to go yet. Down and maybe Westmeath main ones for promotion. Would like to see another Antrim win to be confident of not being relegated and then anything a bonus from there.

Milltown Row2

I hope Antrim have a few injuries that clear up and they can push on.

Based on that performance today there was patches of decent football and then backs to the wall clinging on.

Down have a decent team so would go into our game as favourites

As Tommy says win a game and we are safe, bonus territory after that and build towards championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael85

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

Why, if they are the people who see it? Do they just notify the ref?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 05, 2024, 12:22:18 AMWhy, if they are the people who see it? Do they just notify the ref?

They can't officially call a square ball, if the ref makes a call, he can go in and consult the umpires. But they can't, in play, call a square ball.

I assumed most people knew that.