NFL Division Three 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Look-Up!

Bookies have it.

Longford slight favourites over Fermanagh 10/11
Offaly favourites over Antrim 8/13
Westmeath slight favourites over Cavan 10/11

Anyone think there's great value in Tipp at home to Down. Underdog 9/4. I know there's a consensus Down are improving but they didn't win a game last year.

imtommygunn

Quote from: FermGael on January 20, 2023, 08:27:39 PM
It's a great set up and a credit to the club
It's a small stand .
Pitch is in great shape.

There are colder places in Fermanagh.
We could have taken you to our center of excellence in Lissan.

Lissan?Is it not nearly already confused between Derry and Tyrone without bringing Fermanagh into it lol

rodney trotter

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 25, 2023, 04:18:28 PM
Bookies have it.

Anyone think there's great value in Tipp at home to Down. Underdog 9/4. I know there's a consensus Down are improving but they didn't win a game last year.

Down appointed James McCartan very late last year, near December.  It seemed more of a stop gap  appointment for a year because they couldn't get a manager. Laverty pulled out of the race last year.

Laverty was appointed last August so had plenty of time to get things organized

Look-Up!

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 25, 2023, 04:30:19 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 25, 2023, 04:18:28 PM
Bookies have it.

Down appointed James McCartan very late last year, near December.  It seemed more of a stop gap  appointment for a year because they couldn't get a manager. Laverty pulled out of the race last year.

Laverty was appointed last August so had plenty of time to get things organized
Not going to argue any of that, just that all of a sudden bookies see Down as favourites to top group.
Division 3 really is their level until they prove otherwise. Tipp's fortunes have varied but have credentials for this level and more. They're at home. It's winter football. I see value in the odds.

Itchy

Cavan to beat Westmeath
Longford to beat Fermanagh
Down to beat Tipp
Offaly to beat Antrim

Thats my take on it

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2023, 05:08:24 PM
Cavan to beat Westmeath
Down to beat Tipp
Offaly to beat Antrim

Thats my take on it
A tenner on that would bag you 100 with PP.
Change in a Tipp victory, 220. Tipp/Down draw 575

Add in Cavan/Westmeath draw, you'd get 1960 back on a tenner

ardtole

I've seen 2 of Downs McKenna cup games, and I know we shouldn't read too much into preseason games, but Laverty definitely has stamped his authority on the squad in a short period of time.

Players who didn't commit previously are in this year, the keeper has been impressive in the 3 games to date. Our kickouts have improved dramatically and there is real pace throughout the team.

I'm heading to Thurles on Saturday, looking forward to it as well and quietly confident of collecting 2 points.

Look-Up!

Quote from: ardtole on January 25, 2023, 05:31:23 PM
I've seen 2 of Downs McKenna cup games, and I know we shouldn't read too much into preseason games, but Laverty definitely has stamped his authority on the squad in a short period of time.

Players who didn't commit previously are in this year, the keeper has been impressive in the 3 games to date. Our kickouts have improved dramatically and there is real pace throughout the team.

I'm heading to Thurles on Saturday, looking forward to it as well and quietly confident of collecting 2 points.
Fair enough, maybe Down win the safe option but Cavan/Westmeath draw could make nice accumulator.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 25, 2023, 05:19:38 PM
Cavan to beat Westmeath
Down to beat Tipp
Offaly to beat Antrim

Thats my take on it

I'd be very confident in the last 3 games, Cavan and Westmeath could be the problem

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on January 25, 2023, 06:33:01 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on January 25, 2023, 05:19:38 PM
Cavan to beat Westmeath
Down to beat Tipp
Offaly to beat Antrim

Thats my take on it

I'd be very confident in the last 3 games, Cavan and Westmeath could be the problem
Fermanagh/Longford I just wouldn't be sure. Maybe Down, Offaly, draw, draw. 130/1. Stranger things have happened.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Look-Up! on January 25, 2023, 05:05:22 PM

Not going to argue any of that, just that all of a sudden bookies see Down as favourites to top group.
Division 3 really is their level until they prove otherwise. Tipp's fortunes have varied but have credentials for this level and more. They're at home. It's winter football. I see value in the odds.

Mad how Down are favourites to top the group. A team with no wins of any description since June 2021 in League or Championship. No doubt they're looking better so far this year in McKenna cup, but that's pre-season stuff. They'll likely be there or thereabouts, but straight in as favourites above a few others is odd for me

imtommygunn

Yeah I would still expect Cavan and Westmeath are maybe better but should be interesting. What can happen a lot in these things is that the teams who are considerably fitter do well in the pre-season games and the first few games they have that fitness then other teams catch up. That could happen here I suspect.

Milltown Row2

There will be a draw in some of those games..

I try the draws with the favourites away from home in a luck15 bet.. Its for an interest but there are usually a few draws in the leagues.. Ya just gotta find them  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Wildweasel74

I have Down and Cavan for Going up.

Look-Up!

Fermanagh v Longford - Don't see much between these. Home advantage could swing it but will go for draw
Antrim v Offaly          - Expecting good things from this Offaly setup this season and a good start on the road in Belfast.
Tipperary v Down      - Not convinced on Mourne men but bookies and fans seem confident and Tipp can be very slow starters. So Down win against my gut.
Westmeath v Cavan    - Expect physical encounter with defences on top. Cavan will be missing main scoring threats but defensively will be very up for it. Draw