Dropped abit in the second .

Should have won by more.

Quigley just such a class act.

I see Jimmy is now in with Down.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

seafoid

Quote from: downtothecore on January 28, 2023, 07:52:28 PM
Relieved to get the win as it is first league win since 2021.
First league or championship since May 2021 I think.  #Jaysus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

grounded

Dissapointing results for both Westmeath and Longford. You would imagine both of those teams will improve as the league goes on.  Offaly have Fermanagh, Cavan and Down at home. Down are the exact opposite being away to Fermanagh, Cavan and Offaly.  Hard to say how this league will go!

Itchy

Cavan were comfortable today for the 60 minutes of the 70 but in those 10 minutes we let Westmeath back into a game they had no business to be still involved in. That said they were composed enough to pull away again. McVetty a class act, like he was never away and Ciaran Brady back at his best. Westmeath looked clueless until they got the goal which gave them an injection of confidence. Great 2 pts for Cavan on the road.

Westside

Good win for Cavan missing a lot of starting players. Never panicked when Westmeath somehow found themselves within a point.

Look-Up!

Great win for Cavan. WH would have been seen as one of the big dogs so it's a big boost especially with a good few players to come back.
Early days yet and doubt anyone will finish this league with maximum. After 3 games we'll have a better idea of how things are shaping.
Still the pressure is on a few teams already. You feel Antrim will struggle and with WH and Longford to play next week, someone is probably gonna be zero from 2.

Good opportunity too for either Offaly or Fermanagh to get in the early running.

Down v Antrim   
Cavan v Tipperary
Offaly v Fermanagh
Longford v Westmeath

Dreadnought

Good win for Cavan, which i was a bit surprised at. Bit of revenge in mid for July I think, but played well with a more inexperienced team and despite a 10 minute spell mid 2nd half, saw this game off and start the campaign off in good style. Ciaran Brady and McVeety were unreal at half back and seem a level above here. Westmeath played oddly, only bringing some lads on who were named to start, and if they thought they'd get with it. Was too little too late by then. Maybe that's the manager learning.

Cavan to get stronger though with lads returning over next few weeks, but it'll be good to see battle for places which is what is needed. Tipp at home up next, and they've came away from Breffni a few times with wins recently. I think we're in a better place though, as we've strengthened in places, while they've lost a lot. And did I hear Conor Sweeney may be out with a bad knee injury? Tough for them if so, they might struggle for scores. Cavan should be winning this one and setting themselves up nicely.

grounded

Quote from: FermGael on January 28, 2023, 11:20:05 PM

I see Jimmy is now in with Down.

Not according to Irish news today.. He took a training session, but not part of backroom team according to Laverty

Bord na Mona man

Offaly were glad to collect the points against Antrim. Antrim had the wind and had cut Offaly's 8 point lead to 3 points when Offaly clinched it with a late goal.

full moon

Offaly have lost several players this year is that true?

rodney trotter

The centre back from last year retired Johnny Maloney. he was captain. Niall McNamee gone too.
Down would be more of threat then Offaly for promotion.

Offaly have good forwards but weak in defence. Westmeath put up a big score on them in Tailtean Cup semi

mad tan

Disappointing start for Longford. Need to get a win against  Westmeath.

Itchy

I hear Connor Sweeney is gone for season with cruciate. Huge blow for the player and Tipp.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Itchy on February 01, 2023, 07:03:51 PM
I hear Connor Sweeney is gone for season with cruciate. Huge blow for the player and Tipp.
Huge blow to Tipperary chances in the league and championship

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41062241.html
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dreadnought

Quote from: Blowitupref on February 01, 2023, 07:19:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 01, 2023, 07:03:51 PM
Huge blow to Tipperary changes in the league and championship

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41062241.html

Yeah word was he got a bad injury. That's terrible for him, he's a classy player. It's a tough road back, and even the first year after it can take a while to get up to speed. With injury and lads away, that's a lot of that 2020 team missing. Cavan still have a lot, so could be the difference in Sunday