NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoDat

Quote from: joemamas on April 04, 2023, 01:30:57 AM
Quote from: WhoDat on April 04, 2023, 12:11:02 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 03, 2023, 11:46:38 PM
Lad who hasn't played much fball, that was a red.

it wasn't in a million years, pal. yellow at best. people acting like he went in studs up and broke heaneys leg or something. it was a collision that warranted little more than a yellow.

Thanks Kerry for Sam or what ever other alias you may be using nowdays.

what

SouthOfThe Bann

Thought I'll get in early with my predictions for this years Division 1 League.

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Mayo
5. Derry
6. Tyrone
7. Roscommon
8. Monaghan

seafoid

I think it depends on how the first 4 rounds go but I would be surprised if both Roscommon and Monaghan went down. Neither may do so.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2024, 01:39:56 PMI think it depends on how the first 4 rounds go but I would be surprised if both Roscommon and Monaghan went down. Neither may do so.
Beggan some loss for Monaghan. Are they losing any more lads? Think the Rossies will target the league hard and get a few of early wins and stay up. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Dubs start slowly and be in a relegation battle late on.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on January 09, 2024, 01:39:56 PMI think it depends on how the first 4 rounds go but I would be surprised if both Roscommon and Monaghan went down. Neither may do so.

Monaghan will score a goal 73 minutes into the last game and will survive! 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tbrick18

A lot will depend on the approach Kerry take to the league or what players available.
I think last year the cliffords and Sean O'Shea were missing in the early parts of the league.
Tyrone even beat them!  ;)

For Derry, if we can retain Div1 status that will be a win.
We'll need some early wins as teams will get stronger as the league goes on (but then everyone will be targeting early wins so there's nothing insightful there).

For what it's worth, I'd currently rate the teams in this order but you can never rule Tyrone/Monaghan out and Derry could also really struggle with tough games early in the year, though hopefully not:

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

tyrone08

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 09, 2024, 05:34:43 PMA lot will depend on the approach Kerry take to the league or what players available.
I think last year the cliffords and Sean O'Shea were missing in the early parts of the league.

We'll need some early wins as teams will get stronger as the league goes on (but then everyone will be targeting early wins so there's nothing insightful there).

For what it's worth, I'd currently rate the teams in this order but you can never rule Tyrone/Monaghan out and Derry could also really struggle with tough games early in the year, though hopefully not:

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

Would derry not be targeting the league final or there abouts. Can see tyrone, monaghan and either mayo/Roscommon struggling. Derry or galway shouldnt be too far away from the top i would have thought.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 09, 2024, 02:15:59 PM
Beggan some loss for Monaghan. Are they losing any more lads? Think the Rossies will target the league hard and get a few of early wins and stay up. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Dubs start slowly and be in a relegation battle late on.

He'll be a loss is he expected to miss all of the league or a few games? Monaghan the great survivors and I most certainly wouldn't rule them out from staying up again. The rossies without three important players in McKeon,Ciaran Murtagh and Conor Daly all gone travelling and St Brigids reaching the final means they'll be without another 3 or 4 important players for the opening rounds they'll do well if they manage to stay up.

Hard to know with the Dublin how many of the 30 year olds will feature that much in the league? I'd expect Kerry to go stronger in the league this year and Galway with Sean Kelly,Damien Comer,Shane Walsh fit and in form could well go one better than last year and win the final.

Rossfan

Ros
Derry
Galway
Dublin
Tyrone
Monaghan
Mayowestros
Tyrone.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tbrick18

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 09, 2024, 06:08:01 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 09, 2024, 05:34:43 PMA lot will depend on the approach Kerry take to the league or what players available.

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

Would derry not be targeting the league final or there abouts. Can see tyrone, monaghan and either mayo/Roscommon struggling. Derry or galway shouldnt be too far away from the top i would have thought.

Remember derry will likely be missing the Glen contingent for the early games.
Last years keeper is injured.
Benny heron retired and padraig cassidy has gone travelling.
We have a new management team also.
That's a fair bit to contend with so I'd consider retaining div1 status a success.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 09, 2024, 07:51:33 PM

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

That's a fair bit to contend with so I'd consider retaining div1 status a success.

Do you not think Glass, Doherty, McFaul etc won't make them selves available for the Tyrone game? Same 3 players will prob want to play in Tralee

tyrone08

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

Forgot about the glen players missing.

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2024, 08:02:02 PM

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

Do you not think Glass, Doherty, McFaul etc won't make them selves available for the Tyrone game? Same 3 players will prob want to play in Tralee
What gap is there from their final to first league game? The Glen lads have played a serious amount of football the past few years. Few weeks break would be well deserved. You'd imagine Derry will worst case scenario be last 12 this year. That's a lot of games.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 09, 2024, 09:36:21 PM

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

What gap is there from their final to first league game? The Glen lads have played a serious amount of football the past few years. Few weeks break would be well deserved. You'd imagine Derry will worst case scenario be last 12 this year. That's a lot of games.

All Ireland senior club final on January 21st and the NFL starts the weekend after. The so called split season is a mirage for county players involved in that final.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 09, 2024, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 09, 2024, 09:36:21 PM

1. Kerry
2. Dublin
3. Galway
4. Derry
5. Mayo
6. Roscommon
7. Tyrone
8. Monaghan

All Ireland senior club final on January 21st and the NFL starts the weekend after. The so called spilt season is a mirage for county players involved in that final.
Ideally everything would be wrapped up before Christmas. It's not perfect but i suppose it's a tiny percentage of players affected and I'm sure the same boys won't complain. Would definitely be telling them to take a few weeks off though.