NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Damien Comer named on the Galway bench for Sunday I see. Gleeson the goalkeeper not even a sub this weekend.

As for Mayo.   Robbie Hennelly, Pádraig O'Hora, Michael Plunkett, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLoughlin, Frank Irwin, and Conor McStay are listed to start for the first time this year. 9 changes in total from last weekend.

An Fhairche Abu

Is Eoghan Kelly injured at the minute? Hasn't been seen since the Monaghan game, was going well in the league I thought so unfortunate if he is sidelined and not available for the squad.
Good to see John Daly not in trouble after having to leave the pitch in the closing minutes of the Armagh game.

Comer should be treated with unbelievable care anyway, he's come back too soon previously and gone again, vital that himself and McDaid are fit for the business end of things.

I don't think Power is much of an improvement between the sticks, has been tried and been not good enough before.

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 24, 2023, 05:08:14 PM
A boost for Monaghan

Killian Lavelle has had his red card overturned ahead of Sunday's final round Allianz Football League clash against Mayo in Castlebar.

The Clontibret defender was sent off by referee Joe McQuillan in the 48th minute of the Farney men's loss to Tyrone in Clones last weekend for an alleged off-the-ball incident.

However, following Monaghan's appeal to GAA's Central Hearings Committee (CHC) last night (Thursday), the red card has been rescinded.

It leaves Lavelle free to line-out against Mayo this weekend in what is a crucial encounter for the Farney men as they look to hold on to their Division 1 status

I don't know about the boost affect but it somewhat reverses the effect of that ridiculous McQuillan red card, he who had lost the run of himself in that game, though he did manage to achieve the impossible, to make Conor Lane appear a paragon of referring virtue by comparison.

An Watcher

I see Galway v Kerry is on the TG4.  Someone said bbc was showing armagh Tyrone?

omagh_gael

Quote from: An Watcher on March 25, 2023, 07:21:10 AM
I see Galway v Kerry is on the TG4.  Someone said bbc was showing armagh Tyrone?

Tyrone v Armagh on the BBC iplayer app

Derryman forever

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 25, 2023, 08:41:39 AM

Are you sure. They said they were showing 8 games of GAA and they have done that.

seafoid

2 Gaeltacht counties
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

David McKeown

I see there's a rumour doing the rounds that Omagh is unplayable and the game may be switched to the athletic grounds
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

An Watcher

Nowhere else in Tyrone?  Didn't edendork host kerry one year

clarshack

Quote from: David McKeown on March 25, 2023, 06:42:50 PM
I see there's a rumour doing the rounds that Omagh is unplayable and the game may be switched to the athletic grounds

It hasn't rained since this morning and doesn't give rain tomorrow?
Plus I thought they improved the pitch so this wouldn't be an issue.

Estimator

Rian O'Neill listed to start. :o
Ulster League Champions 2009

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: Estimator on March 25, 2023, 08:24:44 PM
Rian O'Neill listed to start. :o

Weird one alright, I don't get it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Derryman forever on March 25, 2023, 09:33:02 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 25, 2023, 08:41:39 AM

Are you sure. They said they were showing 8 games of GAA and they have done that.

https://twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI/status/1639718012554018817

Quote from: clarshack on March 25, 2023, 07:38:16 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on March 25, 2023, 06:42:50 PM

It hasn't rained since this morning and doesn't give rain tomorrow?
Plus I thought they improved the pitch so this wouldn't be an issue.

A county pitch that is unplayable after 48 hours with no rain, bar a shower, wouldn't be a good show.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pbat

Same team as last week, a load of bollocks. Bring in a rule you name your team for the programme an any changes made they come of your allocated subs. Allow one AN Other like the old days if you are maybe waiting on a late fitness test.

Just tired of this nonsense.

armaghniac

Quote from: pbat on March 25, 2023, 08:40:10 PM
Same team as last week, a load of bollocks. Bring in a rule you name your team for the programme an any changes made they come of your allocated subs. Allow one AN Other like the old days if you are maybe waiting on a late fitness test.

Just tired of this nonsense.

It is a bit immature for a first division game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B