Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 25, 2023, 03:23:49 PM
Ya know how people look at Kildare and Meath and ask what is going on? They have big enough populations and the likes. Kildare have underage success too.

Today the Kildare jersey was 'launched' and it was more of a sponsorship announcement. No buzz at all and we decide to do it after the bauld Santy has been and gone.

We have no clue who is even on the panel and they decided to play behind closed doors after dropping out of the OB Cup. There are rumours that they were trying to get a challenge game the same night the Louth match was due to be played.

That's not to mention Conleths is the worst ground in Ireland. We charged 22 into the County Final and have no streaming of any games. And before anyone says anything we do actually have a full time CEO.

I am getting the excuses in early but honestly think this year could go either way...

On the dump that is Conleth's, with all the money in the county, esp when Geezer was there, how was there never a project to renovate it? Worst ground in Ireland by far

Captain Scarlet

Ah they made a mess of it during the Celtic Tiger. Then they built Hawkfield Centre of Excellence and since then the money has been a mess.

Back to the games any interesting team news or the likes? Like I said, I honestly have no idea who is even on the panel and we are hoping a team will be named by 4.59pm on Saturday!!

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Wildweasel74

Newbridge is sad state last time there a few years bck. Alot of money in the country, All that money paid to a certain Armagh man been better used for part funding upgrade works.

Captain Scarlet

Kildare panel named here. Amazed to see Feely in the mix as he did his Achilles in August, but seemingly he is well ahead.

https://kildaregaa.ie/kildare-senior-football-panel-allianz-league-2023/
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

thejuice

Very young and inexperienced team for Meath against Cork on Sunday. Only Keoghan and Cillian O'Sullivan have played more than 40 games for Meath with Adam O'Neill to play his first senior game ever. Midfield untested at this level so it'll be interesting to see how they get on.

Harry Hogan (Longwood) – 17 Appearances

Adam O'Neill (Wolfe Tones) – 0 Appearances
Michael Flood (St. Brigid's) – 3 Appearances
Cathal Hickey (Seneschalstown) – 20 Appearances

Eoin Harkin (Dunsany) – 21 Appearances
Donal Keogan (Rathkenny) – 140 Appearances
Daniel O'Neill (Wolfe Tones) – 11 Appearances

Ronan Jones (St. Peter's Dunbyone) – 22 Appearances
Daithí McGowan (Ratoath) – 5 Appearances

Cillian O'Sullivan (Moynalvey) – 91 Appearances
Jason Scully (Oldcastle) – 21 Appearances
Darragh Campion (Skryne) – 22 Appearances

Jordan Morris (Kingscourt Stars) – 23 Appearances
Mathew Costello (Dunshaughlin) – 27 Appearances
Shane Walsh (Na Fianna) – 24 Appearances
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Captain Scarlet

Are we very light on Cork heads here? They seem to be building a bit, but they can be a basket case.
Looking at that Meath team you'd imagine a decent year in Division 2 and allow lads build from there is a fair bet.

Dublin, Derry then Cork or Kildare in 3rd spot.

Captain Scarlet

Blowitupref

Glen's Conor Glass & Ethan Doherty starting for Derry, with Conleth McGuckian on the bench. Gallagher and his management doesn't believe in any resting it seems.

Derry 0-7 Limerick 0-2 at half time and the result Derry 0-16 Limerick 0-4.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

This Dublin Kildare game not looking competitive so far. Not sure it should be televised or even played in Croker with the pitch. Although I understand Parnell is too small.

Very strong Dublin team out

Blowitupref

Half time Dublin 1-5 Kildare 0-6. Brian Fenton goal on 6 minutes the difference. Niall Sully point on 34 mins was the first score from play from the 6 Dublin starting forwards.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

oakleaflad

Derry cruised to victory. Limerick were very disappointing. Derry had a strong team out, could have won by more but hit a good few wide/short.

Blowitupref

Dublin's forwards have found their range in this 2nd half with Costello,Kilkenny and O'Callaghan all scoring from play. Kildare still hanging in there 1-10 to 0-10 60 minutes played.

Wildweasel74

Derry were good to a point, defensively great, missed 6-8pts that they couldn't do against Kildare or Dublin. Played most of the game in 2nd gear. Limerick missed 5+ easy scoring chances themselves. Found Derry very hard to break down.

Milltown Row2

No issues with subs either at Croke.. 2 point game 5 plus injury 😉
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: full moon on January 28, 2023, 05:08:53 PM
This Dublin Kildare game not looking competitive so far. Not sure it should be televised or even played in Croker with the pitch. Although I understand Parnell is too small.

Very strong Dublin team out
17000 per RTE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU