Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Hard to see us going up without a tried and tested midfield and what will be an inexperienced full back line.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

shawshank

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2023, 11:18:43 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 19, 2023, 10:57:02 PM
What are the chances McFaul comes back to Derry this year?

Any of the Glen forwards come in and do a job for Derry?

No idea what the chances are for McFaul. It will all depend on the outcome of legal proceedings in the US and it's anyone's guess what will happen there.

Danny Tallon from Glen I think would be a good addition for Derry, but not sure if him and Gallagher see eye-to-eye.
Realistically there's bound to be a couple more players from Glen in mix, at least as panel players. Glass, Doherty and Tallon are probably the stand out options.

he was dropped last year for messing about and was becoming toxic, Can't see him being asked back unless he changes his ways and its clear he hasn't. a header.

tbrick18

Div 2 kicking off this weekend:

Sat:
Derry v Limerick
Dublin v Kildare (TG4)

Sun:
Cork v Meath (TG4)
Clare v Louth

Any predictions?

The Sunday games are a toss up, slight preference to Cork and Clare given home advantage and Clare are hard enough to beat. Cork v Meath could be a draw.
I'd like to think Derry will win as given the drive for promotion this year it's essential to win the early games, but I don't know much about Limerick to be honest.
Dublin will likely beat Kildare, but that's based on them having a strong side out.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: shawshank on January 23, 2023, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on January 20, 2023, 11:18:43 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 19, 2023, 10:57:02 PM
What are the chances McFaul comes back to Derry this year?

Any of the Glen forwards come in and do a job for Derry?

No idea what the chances are for McFaul. It will all depend on the outcome of legal proceedings in the US and it's anyone's guess what will happen there.

Danny Tallon from Glen I think would be a good addition for Derry, but not sure if him and Gallagher see eye-to-eye.
Realistically there's bound to be a couple more players from Glen in mix, at least as panel players. Glass, Doherty and Tallon are probably the stand out options.

he was dropped last year for messing about and was becoming toxic, Can't see him being asked back unless he changes his ways and its clear he hasn't. a header.

Classy!

shawshank

Or truth, this is factual, he was dropped, he was becoming toxic. i.e. becoming a problem at the expanse of the team, therfore Gallagher bombed him  I appreciate its subjective on my view he is a header. Considering his track record I think I'm being generous.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: shawshank on January 23, 2023, 02:22:35 PM
Or truth, this is factual, he was dropped, he was becoming toxic. i.e. becoming a problem at the expanse of the team, therfore Gallagher bombed him  I appreciate its subjective on my view he is a header. Considering his track record I think I'm being generous.

Good man! Appreciate the generosity.

shawshank

Classy & generosity, hypocrisy at its best. People on glass houses

'Not a chance he'll be sacked. The subservient rats are all over twitter defending him. Pity they didn't all congregate in a big hotel again, in say Brighton!'

Wildweasel74

So what was Gallagher excuse for J Doherty, who he played like in 3mins of games, pure silly mess not using him more. He's made it clear he not play under Gallagher due to zero game time last year. I think he better than a few in the forwards and can play Midfield and Half back too.

Captain Scarlet

Dublin, Derry, Cork and Clare all seem like safe bets in Round 1. Honestly have a feeling with Kildare and Meath could fall asunder or go on a big run easily.

If Kildare keep it within 8 and show they can tighten things up in Croker then it's progress.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

They'll have no trouble getting a replacement.
Their teams' games are always on TV.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Derryman forever

Will the Limerick  v Derry  game be streamed anywhere?

toby47

Will Derry have Glen players available for the weekend?

shawshank

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 23, 2023, 10:05:40 PM
So what was Gallagher excuse for J Doherty, who he played like in 3mins of games, pure silly mess not using him more. He's made it clear he not play under Gallagher due to zero game time last year. I think he better than a few in the forwards and can play Midfield and Half back too.

Considering how much Gallagher has gotten right, I hazard a guess he doesn't think he is good enough or doesn't trust him. The step up from a good club player to county is massive.  The fact that Doherty walked away when the going was tough for him underpins Gallagher's position on him. Sure whenever you get the gig you can play him for more than 3 mins.

Captain Scarlet

Ya know how people look at Kildare and Meath and ask what is going on? They have big enough populations and the likes. Kildare have underage success too.

Today the Kildare jersey was 'launched' and it was more of a sponsorship announcement. No buzz at all and we decide to do it after the bauld Santy has been and gone.

We have no clue who is even on the panel and they decided to play behind closed doors after dropping out of the OB Cup. There are rumours that they were trying to get a challenge game the same night the Louth match was due to be played.

That's not to mention Conleths is the worst ground in Ireland. We charged 22 into the County Final and have no streaming of any games. And before anyone says anything we do actually have a full time CEO.

I am getting the excuses in early but honestly think this year could go either way...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.