Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Kildare the better team, forwards throwing game away with some poor attempts at goal. Unlucky with goal attempt hitting post. Kildare have to work hard to get frees, Dublin on the other hand. Fenton & Small dropped on their asses with one fair, one unfair shoulder.
Dublin probably saving themselves for bigger days.

Blowitupref

Dublin 1-11 Kildare 0-13 the result. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Small hit, I though was shoulder to shoulder and side to side, at the time, though was a good hard hit, it may have been high but still didn't look a free on the replay.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 28, 2023, 06:42:02 PM
Small hit, I though was shoulder to shoulder and side to side, at the time, though was a good hard hit, it may have been high but still didn't look a free on the replay.

If he played the ball and shoulder comes in, and a fair one it was, is it a free?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silver hill

Horrible comment. Absolutely no place in our game or culture for this. 

Rossfan

Quote from: Silver hill on January 29, 2023, 12:04:49 AM
Horrible comment. Absolutely no place in our game or culture for this.
Since when....?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Silver hill

Well, good manners , common decency , good upbringing......
Since all of that were part of how we interact with each other. Comments about his looks or appearance are totally irrelevant and should have no place on here.
If you think it's ok, that's fair enough, work away. I just don't agree with it.

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 28, 2023, 06:25:39 PM
Derry were good to a point, defensively great, missed 6-8pts that they couldn't do against Kildare or Dublin. Played most of the game in 2nd gear. Limerick missed 5+ easy scoring chances themselves. Found Derry very hard to break down.

Yeah Derry never really got going, pedestrian pace all the way through and were still in complete control.
Limerick were very poor.
Derry could have won by twice as much.
Good to get early points, but looking at Kildare and Dublin yesterday, promotion will be difficult.

Silver hill

Very impressed with Kildare. Thought the ref was very sore on them on a number of occasions with clear, scorable frees not being given. Agree that Derry might struggle to make that top two position.

Captain Scarlet

On on the one we could have got a result...but it was a proper game to the death v Dublin in Croke Park so a massive improvement.
Feely getting on is a huge boost.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

Meath are about to bate Cork. Very interesting.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

3rd Meath goal should been disallowed, Lad took nearly 10 steps if not more.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 06:52:19 PM

Steps are regularly missed not sure what can be done there. O'Rourke  seems to have Meath in decent shape. Cork got relegated from Division 1 in 2016 and don't look any closer to returning.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 06:52:19 PM

That's one for the CCCC, should they forfeit fine or replay the game?  ;D I'm only joking! Too many steps becoming more and more an issue, I'm generally lenient depending on scenario tbf, the piss take extra turn before hopping or toe tap I'll blow.

I'm noticing the elongated hop in the game now, not sure how to describe that but they look as if they are going to bounce the ball but it takes 'ages' but the motion is there? Does that make sense?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

Sure if the ref didn't see it then it didn't happen. Perfectly legit goal.  ;D

Great start to the league. Looked like the same oul s***e in the first half but they really came out in the second. Shane Walsh finally showing his capabilities in the county jersey. Midfield coped well despite not having midfielders. The young defense was hard working throughout and even though we got cut open a few times they stuck to it and were really solid in the second half.

Very pleasantly surprised by the performance. Cork were a bit one dimensional going forward and were over reliant on Sherlock for scores.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016