One Punch

Started by trailer, November 03, 2022, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Awful for all involved. Reading that it sounds like self defence so hopefully gets off

smort

Absolutely awful, for everyone involved

@the prodigy

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 03, 2022, 12:36:31 PM
Awful for all involved. Reading that it sounds like self defence so hopefully gets off

I wouldn't say that until I had heard all the facts. But it goes to show what can happen.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on November 03, 2022, 12:42:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 03, 2022, 12:36:31 PM

I wouldn't say that until I had heard all the facts. But it goes to show what can happen.

Was going to say same thing one punch will have devastated two families here..

Chat on the Tyrone threads about the digging off the ball will result in the same outcome very soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Horrible situation with a man losing his life.

Hard to know what to say really the whole community is bound to be in shock about it all with the loss of such a young life and such a big community figure currently awaiting a manslaughter trial in jail.

Just horrendous all round!

WT4E

Awful thing. One punch killings are awful.

Leaving him lying in the road is probably the biggest alarm bell I would have here and could make for a difficult defence!

Wildweasel74

Knew about this few days ago, hence highlighting some lads attitude on the Tyrone thread about the Clonoe game.

general_lee

An awful tragedy for all involved, one family without a father and another one looking at jail.

One thing I never understand; and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but once they're outside of the premises the doorman's job is done. If they continue to act up, go inside and close the door for 5 mins. They'll soon get bored and clear off. Don't engage with them. Its a pity so many doormen are morons who are more than happy to indulge in verbals with someone clearly intoxicated.

I also think that the self-defence argument might not cut it, if you're paying the doorman why get involved yourself? What are you paying him for?

grounded

Desperately sad for all involved. So many things had to happen to lead to that tragedy,.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: WT4E on November 03, 2022, 01:14:14 PM

Leaving him lying in the road is probably the biggest alarm bell I would have here and could make for a difficult defence!

Didnt read great tbh

clarshack

would it be considered out of character for him? don't recall him as a dirty player when playing for Derry.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 03, 2022, 01:42:57 PM

Didnt read great tbh

I agree, hard to argue having remorse (for the incident in itself, not the death) leaving him lying there, and then propping him against a wall
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

trailer

J70

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on November 03, 2022, 02:07:57 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 03, 2022, 01:42:57 PM

Didnt read great tbh

I agree, hard to argue having remorse (for the incident in itself, not the death) leaving him lying there, and then propping him against a wall

Yep. He may be innocent on the punch itself on grounds of self-defense, but how do you defend their conduct afterwards? According to the story a car almost ran over the victim when he was lying in the road. Can't be just panic when they had the wherewithal to eventually prop him up. We're not talking young teenagers here. Would prompt medical treatment have saved him? Even if he gets off on the punch, surely, if things went down as alleged, there is still a criminal case to answer?