Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2022, 10:49:14 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport-columnists-gaa/arid-41022305.html

The problem isn't having lesser bans and now increasing them isn't going to stop it, as its a in the moment thing, someone who's a header isn't thinking about how long he's going to be out for..

Its seems to be more of a cultural thing now, the comments you read in social media when topics like this go up will give you some insight to the dafties we have in our games/clubs/parishes

Responsibility and fines should be given to the person that's getting pulled, not just bans, fine them and if they don't pay it the club pays it, the club won't be too long getting rid of these hallions at their grounds/clubs/sidelines
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

keep her low this half

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2022, 11:03:12 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2022, 10:49:14 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport-columnists-gaa/arid-41022305.html

The problem isn't having lesser bans and now increasing them isn't going to stop it, as its a in the moment thing, someone who's a header isn't thinking about how long he's going to be out for..

Its seems to be more of a cultural thing now, the comments you read in social media when topics like this go up will give you some insight to the dafties we have in our games/clubs/parishes

Responsibility and fines should be given to the person that's getting pulled, not just bans, fine them and if they don't pay it the club pays it, the club won't be too long getting rid of these hallions at their grounds/clubs/sidelines

Bans used to be longer, I know a couple of our club members got 5 year bans for assaulting a referee in the late 70s.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: twohands!!! on December 07, 2022, 10:41:58 AM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/wexford-gaa-disappointed-as-central-council-refuse-to-back-countys-idea-of-building-culture-of-discipline-42201025.html

Seems like exactly the sort of project that the GAA should have got behind.

Just like i put up in an earlier post, this is a cultural thing and needs to be dealt with at source

Monkey see's monkey does, if one header starts shouting then so does the next
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

How did it occur? I know he grabbed his sac but were they fighting?

Rudi

The team in red/ white showed remarkable constraint. The green team looks like scumbags. The fella who kicked like a big girls blouse, should be put in a dark hole for a week.
Was at 2 clubs games over the weekend, nothing but agro. I think people have got angrier since Covid.

imtommygunn

That tall number nine looks wired to the moon.

The mentor of that green team who threatened the other mentor with his hurl has a lot to answer for. If he behaves like that little wonder his players do. (Though I did laugh at the wee boy taking the big number 9 down by the legs at the end).

Armagh18

Jesus wouldntake serious self control not to belt that number 9. Half wit.

thewobbler

Quote from: Rudi on May 08, 2023, 09:18:07 PM
The team in red/ white showed remarkable constraint. The green team looks like scumbags. The fella who kicked like a big girls blouse, should be put in a dark hole for a week.
Was at 2 clubs games over the weekend, nothing but agro. I think people have got angrier since Covid.

I'm thinking the same. The game is getting nastier rather than harder.

It could be time to bring back the 1 month association-wide suspension for a red card. It won't stop psychos being psychos, but it might help convince the next tier down (in terms of anger) not to behave like a psycho.

Eire90

could it be down to the epidemic of cocaine

general_lee

I think it's just the continuing rise of social media.