Assaults at GAA games

Started by Rudi, September 01, 2022, 11:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2022, 09:48:57 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 25, 2022, 09:27:04 AM
Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21's can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

So in 10 games you've watched or played in at that level there was 9 melee's? Christ that's wild, there's the odd dust up here and there but if they are anything like what was reported above at that ratio then there's is something wrong in Armagh
Well maybe 90% is abit exaggerated and a lot were more pushing and shoving than melees lol but it's that age where a lot of lads maybe try and act the hard fella abit more. Just my experience.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 25, 2022, 09:51:56 AM
Typical Donegal, both should be thrown out and banned for life. Only 5 points scored in 59 minutes? Disgraceful.

On a serious note, hope the lad is ok. U21's can be a funny age. Melees would have been the standard for 90% of games I ever watched or played in at that age level.

So in 10 games you've watched or played in at that level there was 9 melee's? Christ that's wild, there's the odd dust up here and there but if they are anything like what was reported above at that ratio then there's is something wrong in Armagh
Well maybe 90% is abit exaggerated and a lot were more pushing and shoving than melees lol but it's that age where a lot of lads maybe try and act the hard fella abit more. Just my experience.

Under 16 was the age group (from refereeing) was the most difficult, you really needed to apply a different set of tolerances to fouls, they take it very personal at that age
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

We save getting into Melee's till we're on the National Stage, no point scraping in the likes of Clonmore or Dorsey with no TV cameras.

StephenC

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2022, 11:39:51 AM

Under 16 was the age group (from refereeing) was the most difficult, you really needed to apply a different set of tolerances to fouls, they take it very personal at that age

Interesting. I took an U15 team for the first time this year and I noticed this exact thing. So much pride to get bruised!

lurganblue

Quote from: StephenC on November 25, 2022, 02:04:16 PM

Interesting. I took an U15 team for the first time this year and I noticed this exact thing. So much pride to get bruised!
Saw plenty of U15 games in Armagh last year. Mostly i thought the refs allowed kids with the ball to be battered too often with not enough done to curtail closed fist tackles.  Reactions from the victims were plentiful.   

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on November 25, 2022, 03:25:57 PM

Saw plenty of U15 games in Armagh last year. Mostly i thought the refs allowed kids with the ball to be battered too often with not enough done to curtail closed fist tackles.  Reactions from the victims were plentiful.
You's soft townies up there! ;)

Yeah to be honest the standard of refereeing in Armagh is very poor.

StephenC

D Championship semifinal ... about 5 minutes in, the ref loudly shouts ... "as lads it's only U15's, it doesn't really matter"  ;D ;D.
Talk about a red rag to a bull.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: StephenC on November 25, 2022, 10:55:50 PM

D Championship semifinal ... about 5 minutes in, the ref loudly shouts ... "as lads it's only U15's, it doesn't really matter"  ;D ;D.
Talk about a red rag to a bull.

Proper school boy error.... You really have to ref it differently, no defensive advantage, blow nearly all contact, note loads of players early on, yellow card any ganching. Making sure the right ref is doing the 'difficult' games the coordinator needs to know if there is any history and if the games could be close..

And control the sidelines, managers especially at juvenile level are bat shit crazy at times, whipping lads up into a frenzy it's nearly impossible to then control the game

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Two weeks later. What has been done?

trailer

https://www.rte.ie/sport/football/2022/1129/1339055-gaa-to-discuss-increasing-max-bans-to-over-four-years/

Be good to see some of these proposals implemented as well as doubling of bans for frivolous appeals.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 30, 2022, 12:38:56 PM
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/cahir-gaa-media-534817?utm_content=buffer2f73b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR38eZsg-YG05QR_m0bC4IyjxUgD66yQyyJRciSQK6qfML5ea6LvmbEK6f4

Confusing statement, so was there racial abuse thrown at Cahir club players or were they saying that  "A group of our players are targeted due to their ethnicity."

Reading that it seems that the other team was having a fight among themselves and Cahir had none of their ones involved at all

"No Cahir player, sub, mentor or supporter protested or entered the field of play after Tom received his red card.  The red card was warranted and is not being appealed.

"We do not condone any form of inappropriate physical, verbal or abusive behaviour on or off the field from any of our club members. Tom left the field of play and the mentors ensured he remained off the field and that no other Cahir player became involved after the incident."

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2022, 12:46:42 PM
https://www.balls.ie/gaa/cahir-gaa-media-534817?utm_content=buffer2f73b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR38eZsg-YG05QR_m0bC4IyjxUgD66yQyyJRciSQK6qfML5ea6LvmbEK6f4

Confusing statement, so was there racial abuse thrown at Cahir club players or were they saying that  "A group of our players are targeted due to their ethnicity."

Reading that it seems that the other team was having a fight among themselves and Cahir had none of their ones involved at all

"No Cahir player, sub, mentor or supporter protested or entered the field of play after Tom received his red card.  The red card was warranted and is not being appealed.

"We do not condone any form of inappropriate physical, verbal or abusive behaviour on or off the field from any of our club members. Tom left the field of play and the mentors ensured he remained off the field and that no other Cahir player became involved after the incident."

I'm assuming they're saying that the melee involved only the players on field.

As for naming a juvenile in the media for their involvement, that is wrong and those doing so really should know better.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 30, 2022, 01:46:36 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 30, 2022, 12:46:42 PM

I'm assuming they're saying that the melee involved only the players on field.

As for naming a juvenile in the media for their involvement, that is wrong and those doing so really should know better.

It said no other Cahir player became involved, the 15 was plenty :D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM