6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Eire90 on May 18, 2023, 11:15:48 AM
political party members should not be outside polling stations asking people questions trying to intimidate people

What questions were they asking?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Eire90 on May 18, 2023, 11:15:48 AM
political party members should not be outside polling stations asking people questions trying to intimidate people

Had Alliance, Aontu, SF and SDLP all hand me fliers going in last election didn't feel intimated to vote for any of them.. I don't get this suggestion, not as if they are holding a gun to your head.

If you feel that's intimidating and will sway your vote maybe voting isn't for you

Eire90

did not happen to me it was other people reporting it happen to them

Eire90

i hear they are doing it so they can knock on doors later if they think they are struggling

RedHand88

Quote from: Eire90 on May 18, 2023, 11:40:29 AM
https://twitter.com/brendanhughes64/status/1659121620802322434?cxt=HHwWhIC-8duUsYYuAAAA

Tell them to eff off! I know they sit inside and listen to the names called so they can score them off. Then at teatime they go back to base, enter them into the computer and draw up a list of ones who:

1) showed intention to vote for you during canvassing and
2) have not voted yet and "may need a lift nudge nudge" to the polling station for the evening time.

Thought this was supposed to have cut out as they are technically storing data on you without your consent. I know it was a big story in the south.

Source: I used to be involved in this crap myself.

Feckitt

Quote from: the_daddy on May 18, 2023, 11:02:46 AM
Quote from: Feckitt on May 18, 2023, 10:31:55 AM
Quote from: the_daddy on May 18, 2023, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 18, 2023, 03:41:12 AM
are a lot of these indepedent republicans irsp proxies

No but there's 1 in Strabane that you could categorise like that.

Who?  There are a lot of Independents in the Strabane area, and I can seem to work out if they are Independent Nationalists or just Independents?
They're all nationalists/republicans of some hue.
Paul Gallagher would be of the IRSP Gallaghers.
Raymond Barr is a brother of the deceased Ivan Barr who was an SF cllr.
Patsy Kelly is a former SDLP cllr who fell out with the McCrossan cabal.

Thanks, What about Andy Patton, Sion Mills

Eire90

was there money involved when they showed up at peoples houses offering them a lift to polling station.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eire90 on May 18, 2023, 12:01:58 PM
was there money involved when they showed up at peoples houses offering them a lift to polling station.

No lol. Parties wouldn't have money for that sort of thing.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 18, 2023, 11:56:10 AM
https://twitter.com/brendanhughes64/status/1659121620802322434?cxt=HHwWhIC-8duUsYYuAAAA

Tell them to eff off! I know they sit inside and listen to the names called so they can score them off. Then at teatime they go back to base, enter them into the computer and draw up a list of ones who:

2) have not voted yet and "may need a lift nudge nudge" to the polling station for the evening time.

Thought this was supposed to have cut out as they are technically storing data on you without your consent. I know it was a big story in the south.

Yeah, i think there's people sitting at tables inside who tick off your name. From political parties.  They can see then the turnout and who has voted etc.

I don't think it's illegal as it's actually inside the room where you vote.

Armagh18

Quote from: marty34 on May 18, 2023, 12:19:02 PM

Yeah, i think there's people sitting at tables inside who tick off your name. From political parties.  They can see then the turnout and who has voted etc.

def not illegal surely or they'd be stopped. Don't have any issue with them trying to get turnout as high as possible. Everyone should be voting

RedHand88

Asking people out on the street for their address is definitely not right.

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 18, 2023, 12:21:58 PM

def not illegal surely or they'd be stopped. Don't have any issue with them trying to get turnout as high as possible. Everyone should be voting

Only one party has the man power and the funds to make this happen. It's a peak behind the curtain for when the eventually come to power in the South. You've been warned! East Germany wouldn't have a look in!!!

red hander

Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2023, 12:47:21 PM

Only one party has the man power and the funds to make this happen. It's a peak behind the curtain for when the eventually come to power in the South. You've been warned! East Germany wouldn't have a look in!!!

What party would that be? Let me guess. Your obsessive paranoia is eating you up.

trailer

Quote from: red hander on May 18, 2023, 12:55:57 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2023, 12:47:21 PM

What party would that be? Let me guess. Your obsessive paranoia is eating you up.

Can't say too much. They are probably monitoring the board.