Dublin

AZOffaly

Quote from: Real Talk on September 04, 2015, 10:54:18 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 03, 2015, 09:14:01 PM
Quote from: Real Talk on September 03, 2015, 06:20:44 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 02, 2015, 11:12:49 PM
would have been a disgrace (as it was for Keane) if Connolly got off

Delighted he's gone, who'll keegan target mark now

I would turn the tables and put Tomas Brady on Keegan and man mark him .... save Dublin a lot of bother !!!

The amount of times you hear this chat amazes me - The defender chooses who he marks, not the other way around!!!

Wrong ... the Dublin manager/ment decide whats best for the team and by the way I'm neutral on the outcome

Remember Lar Corbett trying to mark Tommy Walsh a couple of years ago, and Jackie Tyrell following Lar, following Tommy, following Pa Bourke. It was so silly looking.

JoG2

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2015, 11:08:08 AM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 03, 2015, 09:53:23 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 03, 2015, 09:43:55 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 03, 2015, 09:11:29 PM

I would turn the tables and put Tomas Brady on Keegan and man mark him .... save Dublin a lot of bother !!!

Turn the table would you. Dublin have been terrified of Keegan in the last 2 meetings hence the reason they sacrificed their best player to man mark him. Despite this Keegan has still outscored Connolly from play over the two games.

All this bullshit about poor auld Connolly getting targeted and Keegan blaguarding him. It's total bullshit and a lack of respect to the best half back in the country.  Connolly is used to waltzing around Croke Park in the Leinster championship but when its put up to him and somebody actually marks him he just cant hack it. Lee Keegan did not lay a dirty blow all day last Sunday,and doesn't get involved in sledging.  Connolly on the other hand went around like a complete thug getting involved in numerous incidents as well as been the cause of 2 Mayo frees been moved forward. But the apologists for Connolly are trying to dirty the name of one of the finest footballers in the country to try and justify the actions of a thug

Keegan is the best wing back in Ireland in his own head. I'd prefer in no particular order

Peter Harte
Colm Boyle
James Mc Carthy

Keegan is great going forward but he's actually a very poor defender hence why he has to wrestle players to the ground against Galway and Dublin this year.  Boyle is a much better defender. Keegan is more of a show pony. He has better hair then Boyle though

Ok Indiana I have to say this. You are f**king mental

The sooner this game is over the better for you Indiana. This has been Dublin's first test of the year and their reaction to it has been hysterical.

you'd wonder where he got the mental strength to stay calm on the football pitch when winning Sams and all-stars for all those years

Farrandeelin

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2015, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: Real Talk on September 04, 2015, 10:54:18 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 03, 2015, 09:14:01 PM

The amount of times you hear this chat amazes me - The defender chooses who he marks, not the other way around!!!

Wrong ... the Dublin manager/ment decide whats best for the team and by the way I'm neutral on the outcome

Remember Lar Corbett trying to mark Tommy Walsh a couple of years ago, and Jackie Tyrell following Lar, following Tommy, following Pa Bourke. It was so silly looking.
It was really hard to fathom why Tipp did that in the first place.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

They didn't want Jackie Tyrell to continue his policy of eating Lar Corbett. Why they didn't just line Lar out at wing forward, and Pa Bourke in the corner, I don't know.

AMayoFan

All farness Connelly deserves his ban. Great player just a thug of a fellow. So be it.

Good luck to Dub but I think it will be Mayo +5.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AMayoFan on September 04, 2015, 10:30:17 PM
All farness Connelly deserves his ban. Great player just a thug of a fellow. So be it.

I think you could have said that a few years ago. But of late he has held his station. His sending off in 2011 was a open hand slap after taking dogs abuse for most the match. Nothing really. Last Sundays episode was was a rush of blood, no more. To label the lad a thug is short sighted and unfair.

On another note, I sadly hear that there is to be applause on the 12th minute for Connolly. I implore any Dublin supporters not to do this as it puts a sense of bad taste on the Darragh Doherty tribute and to a lesser extent Robbie Keanes cousins who died tragically recently. Chant his name at the beginning of the game or what ever but don't go down the other route.

AZOffaly

You are not serious, surely?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 04, 2015, 10:43:46 PM

I think you could have said that a few years ago. But of late he has held his station. His sending off in 2011 was a open hand slap after taking dogs abuse for most the match. Nothing really. Last Sundays episode was was a rush of blood, no more. To label the lad a thug is short sighted and unfair.

On another note, I sadly hear that there is to be applause on the 12th minute for Connolly. I implore any Dublin supporters not to do this as it puts a sense of bad taste on the Darragh Doherty tribute and to a lesser extent Robbie Keanes cousins who died tragically recently. Chant his name at the beginning of the game or what ever but don't go down the other route.

That won't happen.

moysider

Let them do what they want afaic. If they want to do that it's a free country.

AMayoFan

Oh no, I'm not labeling him a thug over just last Sunday performance and the numerous infractions that day. I'm taking this fellow on his actions over the years. I work with a few lads who knew him growing up and they weren't too keen on the guy.  But look, I've no more interest in dishing him, and I'm a fan of his footballing ablity. Hopefully going forward he will keep his fist in his pockets both on and off the field.

Hound

Whoever's winding you up caught you hook, line and sinker!!

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on September 04, 2015, 11:56:22 PM

Whoever's winding you up caught you hook, line and sinker!!

A Dublin supporters group on Facebook suggested it. Seems Chinese whispers were at work but the idea was in awful taste and thankfully another supporters' group was quick to shoot down the suggestion: http://www.joe.ie/sport/dublin-gaa-fan-pages-rubbish-calls-for-a-diarmuid-connolly-tribute-minute/510859

AMayoFan

Breaking news from last night ..  Connolly cleared to play!!! Well that puts the cat among the pigeons lol

So both teams are at full strenght, both know what each other is about. Oh this is going to be a cracker. 

INDIANA

Whose Connelly thought he managed Mayo ?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: INDIANA on September 05, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

Whose Connelly thought he managed Mayo ?
You must mean 'who's' instead of 'whose' just like AMF must mean 'Connolly' not 'Connelly'.