Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Syferus

Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 11:56:42 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2015, 11:50:04 AM
Quote from: beer baron on August 09, 2015, 11:21:40 AM
Expect Dublin to win and quite comfortably. Their forwards will be a shock to the system for Mayo and they'll find it hard/impossible to cope and if Mayo do get in front i still think they lack a bit of ruthlessness to my eyes, if Kerry or Dublin had Donegal on the ropes like that yesterday i suspect they would've won by 12+points.
Only slight doubt in my mind is if Aidan O' Shea puts in a colossal performance and destroys O' Carroll but as good as O' Shea is i can't see Gavin letting this happen, i expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively from here on in and in truth expect them to win the All Ireland without any side getting within 3 or 4 points of them.

You can't see a leaky Dublin defence being leaky? Really?

"I expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively" kind of does suggest that i think their current leaky defence might be a bit leaky but they may perhaps have a sweeper employed and the half forward line drop deeper.

I've yet to see Gavin's Dublin play well defensively in the few competitive games they have a year. The teams good enough to give them a game usually find a lot of holes at the back. I'd be hard pushed to say they're any more defensively sound than what was clearly a dying Donegal side.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on August 09, 2015, 12:08:54 PM
Expect Dublin to win and quite comfortably. Their forwards will be a shock to the system for Mayo and they'll find it hard/impossible to cope and if Mayo do get in front i still think they lack a bit of ruthlessness to my eyes, if Kerry or Dublin had Donegal on the ropes like that yesterday i suspect they would've won by 12+points.
Only slight doubt in my mind is if Aidan O' Shea puts in a colossal performance and destroys O' Carroll but as good as O' Shea is i can't see Gavin letting this happen, i expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively from here on in and in truth expect them to win the All Ireland without any side getting within 3 or 4 points of them.

"I expect Dublin to play slightly more conservatively" kind of does suggest that i think their current leaky defence might be a bit leaky but they may perhaps have a sweeper employed and the half forward line drop deeper.

I've yet to see Gavin's Dublin play well defensively in the few competitive games they have a year. The teams good enough to give them a game usually find a lot of holes at the back. I'd be hard pushed to say they're any more defensively sound than what was clearly a dying Donegal side.

Mayo's forwards aren't Kerry's.

Mayo players spent plenty of time around Dublin last night telling everyone they were going to beat us.

So I'm sure our lads have been informed.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on August 09, 2015, 12:15:52 PM

Mayo players spent plenty of time around Dublin last night telling everyone they were going to beat us.

Oh shit! We were hoping to catch you completely unaware that we would try to win.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

moysider

How there they. The very nerve.

Dublin teams must have great motivation for every single important match.
'' If these bleedin culchies think they can come into our city and onto our pitch and beat us .......'

It's so handy.

mayoman dan

Dublin hammered a fairly strong Mayo team in the league.Throw in home advantage and an extra weeks break and its Dublins to lose

Jinxy

My Mayo cousin reckons that Dublin FB line can be 'got at' and AOS will get at least 2 goals.
He also says they will DESTROY them at centre field.
Fenton too light for the Dubs, will have to start Bastick, who is too slow.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2015, 06:19:34 PM
My Mayo cousin reckons that Dublin FB line can be 'got at' and AOS will get at least 2 goals.

Your Mayo cousin must have missed the league game the Dubs handled AOS very well that night

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on August 09, 2015, 06:19:34 PM

The wife?  :D
MWWSI 2017

Bingo

Jaysus, that's shocking stuff. I hope when the Dublin players hear they'll train really, really hard this week.

larryin89

We will win this one with a lot more ease than most would be imagining.
AOS is unmarkable, he could score another hat trick in this one.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

In fairness that Mayo panel are some animals the night after a win. They tore toilet seats apart after they beat Galway in 2011. It's not bad enough them talking shite but not letting a man have a shite?

Scandalous altogether.

heffo

Quote from: larryin89 on August 09, 2015, 06:38:18 PM
We will win this one with a lot more ease than most would be imagining.
AOS is unmarkable

We didn't have to mark him the last time we played in the Championship - just drag him away from the play everytime.

Horan and his analysts must've been watching Free Willy on their laptops cos they sure weren't watching the game!

mayoman dan

With Vaughan picking up a 2nd black card of the championship yesterday is he now suspended for this game?

Hound

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 09, 2015, 06:51:10 PM
With Vaughan picking up a 2nd black card of the championship yesterday is he now suspended for this game?
Need 3 for a suspension according to the commentator