GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

It varies quite a bit in my experience.  Sometimes it's fine, but buffering and dropping out are common.  Not an issue I have on any other live sports streaming app I use, so the problem isn't my end.  If I had any other option in the states for at-home watching, I probably wouldn't use gaago.

dec

I just got this email from GAAGO, I only got a Roku because the GAAGO app was available for Roku but not FireTV.
--------
Dear Customer,

We are contacting you today to inform you that the GAAGO Roku app has been discontinued. However, there are a number of ways for you to continue watching GAAGO content:

Directly on our website https://www.gaago.ie. Simply go to our website. Click 'LOGIN' in the top right-hand corn. Enter the email address and password associated with your GAAGO account in the provided fields. Click on the box beside the text 'I am not a robot' and complete any verification steps required. Wait a few seconds for the spinning loading wheel to become a tick symbol the proceed to click the 'LOGIN' button positioned below. Once logged in, click the 'MATCHES' tab along the navigation bar at the top of the screen to generate a dropdown menu. If you wish to purchase or watch an upcoming or live game, click on 'LIVE & UPCOMING,' and click on the BUY/WATCH button displayed below the game listing image. If you wish to watch on-demand content, select 'CATCH UP' from the MATCHES tab dropdown and access in the same way as above

In the coming weeks, the GAAGO apps for iOS and Android will also be relaunched. The apps have been totally rebuilt to ensure an improved user experience. You can sign in with your existing account and access content bought via the gaago.ie website, or the Roku app, directly on your mobile or tablet. The apps will also allow casting to your TV via Chromecast or Apple Airplay - see our FAQs post launch for full details.

You can also watch on your TV via a wired connection, by connecting your laptop to your TV. Simply connect one end of a HDMI cable (can be purchased in any electrical store and most supermarkets will stock them) into your laptop and the other end into a HDMI port at the back of your TV and whatever is on your device screen will display on your TV screen. Typically, this comes in on your TV on a separate source to your cable, ordinarily called HDMI 1, 2, 3 and so on. This will depend on your TV so please see your TV manual for further information on this. You will need to select the source the HDMI connection footage is coming in on your TV in order to view it on your TV; it will not automatically appear on screen once you hook it up. 

Please keep an eye on our email newsletter, social channels and the gaago.ie website for further updates about how to access GAAGO. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch on support@gaago.ie and a member of our Support Team will get back to you as soon as they possibly can.

Kind Regards,
GAAGO Team
------

dec

Has anyone used the latest version of the GAAGo app? What is the quality like? Was thinking about getting the monthly subscription and was hoping to cast from my phone to the TV.

from an email I got yesterday

QuoteDear Customer,
We are pleased to announce that our new GAAGO app V.2 is out there to download in the App Store and on Google Play. We would like to apologise again for the inconvenience of not having it ready for the start of the Leagues.
Users will be able to cast the games to TV via Apple AirPlay and through Google Chromecast. Customers will also be notified as we roll out additional apps to new platforms in the coming months for even more ways to watch on the bigger screen. We hope you enjoy our second weekend of inter-county coverage in 2023 and the season ahead.
Thank you,
GAAGO Team

joemamas

Mayo V Armagh not available for some reason even thought it shows up as paid  >:(

dec

Quote from: joemamas on February 05, 2023, 03:38:30 PM
Mayo V Armagh not available for some reason even thought it shows up as paid  >:(

The stream picked up about half way through the first half and was good for the rest of the game. They should refund anyone who specifically paid for that game.

armaghniac

Quote from: dec on February 06, 2023, 10:59:08 PM
Quote from: joemamas on February 05, 2023, 03:38:30 PM

The stream picked up about half way through the first half and was good for the rest of the game. They should refund anyone who specifically paid for that game.

You would have thought that a game with a live broadcast would be the easiest to stream. You do not need a connection at the ground you could just feed your stream from the TG4 studio.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Soju on February 07, 2023, 04:48:00 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 17, 2022, 07:54:33 PM
It varies quite a bit in my experience.  Sometimes it's fine, but buffering and dropping out are common.  Not an issue I have on any other live sports streaming app I use, so the problem isn't my end.  If I had any other option in the states for at-home watching, I probably wouldn't use gaago.
Gaago is crap for a paid service! I gave up on it last year and use nordvpn to watch tg4 and RTE. Have had zero problems watching tg4 games live.
Only watched rte games on playback so far and it is ok with some buffering issues, live could be a different story as rte player is poor.
Anyway give nordvpn a shot I suggest.

The only watch out for anyone considering this is that a VPN will reduce your available speed. So if you have 20mb broadband, you could be down to 10mb by the time it passes through the VPN. So try a free trial first before coughing up the dough.