Tyrone v Down - Sun 18th May, Omagh

Started by tyroneman, April 15, 2014, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on May 16, 2014, 01:50:27 PM
I could see Marty Swift joining up with the panel in the near future.

Again UL you are giving too much information away here - did you not previously state that McKenna hit Swift for 1-06 in a league game in 30 minutes - surely that is not county defending....

You are obviously in the 'know' with someone involved if this is the case.

EC Unique

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 03:24:12 PM
Why not play your strongest team to ensure you win the game.
The more I read through this thread and subsequent other bullshit threads, the more I think that Tyrone folk are maybe taking this game and their opposition a little lightly.Seems to be an attitude of 'sure we can experiment in this game and try few things out..keep the poweder dry for later in the summer'.
Surely this might be tad dangerous. You might not be around later in the summer.

I think that is exactly the thinking and why not?

Tyrone will win.

Brick Tamlin

That may be the case. But I find it all very arrogant and presumptuous.
Im sure the players don't share the same sentiment. And if they do then that's just being very complacent and foolish.

southdown

Stunning arrogance in the above post!

EC Unique

Some would call it arrogance... Some would call it confidence..   ;)

Brick Tamlin

Some would call it being a shit head too.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

You're in fierce form today. Lighten ta feck up ya bollix.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Redhand Santa

Don't like the arrogance from some posters and to suggest Harte is experimenting because he thinks they'll win anyway is far of the mark. The more likely thing is that some of the guys like Penrose, Mark Donnelly, Justy and Gormley who may be taking some of the players places weren't about for all the league and may not be fully fit for 70 minutes so he wants to finish with his strongest team. The player on the bench who I'd have most like to have seen start based on recent form is Ronan O'Neill.

EC Unique

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 03:38:56 PM

I'm just being honest. I think Tyrone will win. I might be wrong but that is what I think. I could not be bothered with the holding back bull that goes on in here. What I or anyone else on here thinks will have no bearing on the game. May the best team win.

Fuzzman

We can't wait to get out of the Ulster cauldron asap. With Monaghan up next. Then armagh and then Donegal or Derry we wanna go the easier scenic route and maybe get to bring Kerry back to Omagh.

Brick Tamlin

Ye could be out of that Ulster Cauldron sooner than ye think and away down the country for yer next match.

Down Follower

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 16, 2014, 04:48:06 PM
We can't wait to get out of the Ulster cauldron asap. With Monaghan up next. Then armagh and then Donegal or Derry we wanna go the easier scenic route and maybe get to bring Kerry back to Omagh.

Right enough when you say it like it that it would be some Ulster title to win for either Down or Tyrone.  Its no wonder the Ulster championship remains a special prize when you see that. 

Fuzzman

Ahh now... the Dubs have a tricky path as well

Home to Laois or Wicklow
Home to Wexford or Offaly/Longford
Home to Carlow in the final.

I think you need to keep the head a bit there Brick.
Naturally enough Tyrone are favourites but as you are seeing on here a lot of us are NOT impressed by that team Mickey has named. Do you really think Mickey is experimenting and not playing what he thinks is the best team. He said there are a few wee niggles here and there and so is holding back a few players.

I for one do not underestimate the threat Down pose but I do think we will win on Sunday without playing the usual silly cute hoorism games.
It's hard to believe Ronan O'Neill can't get on our starting 6 forwards they way he has been playing the last few months but in Mickey we trust but yes he does get it wrong the odd time

trueblue1234

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 16, 2014, 04:49:42 PM
Ye could be out of that Ulster Cauldron sooner than ye think and away down the country for yer next match.

Such arrogance.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 16, 2014, 04:48:06 PM

Now that would be some craic of a Saturday evening in July!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...