Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: God14 on June 02, 2023, 09:57:34 AM
...thats the most balanced looking starting 15 ive seen from us in a while. I like it.

Its the same players that have been playing the last 4 or 5 games now bar the enforced change with Burns. I don't see them playing drastically different positions to where or how they have been playing the last few games. The concerning thing is you could nearly name 13/14 of the team before its named seemingly no matter what happens in previous games.

Sludden does offer a bit more of a scoring threat alright so that is a plus. You'd expect the usual couple of points from him.

God14

Quote from: square_ball on June 02, 2023, 12:18:26 PM
Quote from: God14 on June 02, 2023, 09:57:34 AM
...thats the most balanced looking starting 15 ive seen from us in a while. I like it.

Its the same players that have been playing the last 4 or 5 games now bar the enforced change with Burns. I don't see them playing drastically different positions to where or how they have been playing the last few games. The concerning thing is you could nearly name 13/14 of the team before its named seemingly no matter what happens in previous games.

Sludden does offer a bit more of a scoring threat alright so that is a plus. You'd expect the usual couple of points from him.

In the Monaghan game Oneill and & Burns took up fairly traditional 11 & 12 roles. Still cant make any sense of that, prior to throw in i assumed we were going ultra defensive but that wasnt the case at all. It did not work out.
Meyler oguz sludden has a much better balance, plenty of workrate and mobility mixed with a bit of height (oguz) and some playmaking and scoring threat.

Fuzzman

I've given up trying to understand who is playing where.
Mattie rarely stays at FF but will often pop over a score from anywhere.
K&K often rotate into FF.
You will often see McKiernan in the FF line.
I hope Oguz can start chipping in with a few scores.
We certainly seem to create quite a lot of scoring chances.

southtyronegael

Season  defining game tomorrow  I feel.  Lose and we are in big trouble. Win and should  finish  at least second  in group. Defeat is unthinkable if I'm honest.

NotedObserver

Padraig Mcnulty scoring for Dungannon tonight. What's the story with him this year? Injury ruling him out of contention?

square_ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 02, 2023, 10:40:54 PM
Season  defining game tomorrow  I feel.  Lose and we are in big trouble. Win and should  finish  at least second  in group. Defeat is unthinkable if I'm honest.

We'll beat Westmeath no matter what way tomorrow goes.

ONeill

There's just nothing exciting or new.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 02, 2023, 10:49:39 PM
Padraig Mcnulty scoring for Dungannon tonight. What's the story with him this year? Injury ruling him out of contention?

Thought he was still part of the squad.

Scored a cracking goal by all accounts.

The Coddfather

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 02, 2023, 10:49:39 PM

I'd say his lacklustre skill set is ruling him out of contention more than anything.

NotedObserver

So whats the thoughts after the weekend? A badly needed win with the players who have been playing well again showing up again. Need a bit more line breaks for a few players with McKernan and Donnelly the main players capable of doing this. Mattie Donnelly a tyrone great.

Hope to see 1 or 2 players in against Westmeath but a win is a must.

God14

Quote from: NotedObserver on June 05, 2023, 10:35:20 AM
So whats the thoughts after the weekend? A badly needed win with the players who have been playing well again showing up again. Need a bit more line breaks for a few players with McKernan and Donnelly the main players capable of doing this. Mattie Donnelly a tyrone great.

Hope to see 1 or 2 players in against Westmeath but a win is a must.

Good to get a win, but in truth we were not overly impressive. Top sides wont allow us to get so many short kick outs away. We did well with the short kick outs.

HokeyPokey

Hard to know yet, but no team has looked massively better than anyone else. Tyrone have shown in flashes against Kerry, Galway, Monaghan and Armagh that it's within them and we still have quality players.

I think it was hard to cut loose with the way Armagh and the hot weather.
Mattie really looks up for it this year and O'Neill looked solid which was good to see. Sludden and Oguz were pretty anonymous, but hopefully they'll come into form. I liked that Ruairí Canavan seemed to be full of confidence when he came on, even if not everything came off.

The Coddfather

Nobody is talking about Darren McCurry... he kicked some outrageously good scores on Saturday.

NotedObserver

Quote from: The Coddfather on June 05, 2023, 10:56:56 AM
Nobody is talking about Darren McCurry... he kicked some outrageously good scores on Saturday.

McCurry has become a top quality forward and was one of a few last year that played to top level

Fuzzman

We look to be going through the motions, doing the bare minimum to get the win.
At half time I said I bet you we will sit back now and try to keep them at arms length. Pick off the odd score but not really go for it. Game management.
Some good performances around the field I thought from McKernan, Hampsey, Mattie, Meyler and D&D up top.
Was a bit worried how often our defenders let Armagh runners in for goals.
Great run and one two for Peteys goal chance but disappointed we don't create more chances like these or use the odd high ball into Kilpatrick more. Thought he took his point well from the mark.
Westmeath could really put it up to us.