The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Because of apartheid the Boks were banned from the first RWC in NZ in 87. Currently the balance of power in RWC is SA 3 NZ 3  but it could have been 4-2 without apartheid.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Nanderson

Blowitupref

New Zealand miss the chance to hit the front. remain 12-11 behind and it will be 14 v 14 for the final 7 minutes.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Too far out, easier shots early on, should went for tge line and line out, to try a drop goal.

Rudi

South Africa wins 3 knockout games by a single point?

Wildweasel74

NZ all on top 2nd half with 14men, but not putting it on the board. SA haven't scored in the 2nd Half

Nanderson

silly from new zealand just needed to secure the ball there after south africa stupidly kick it back to them, then work the ball back to the middle for drop goal attempt

Blowitupref

Four World cup finals and four wins for South Africa.  New Zealand's kryptonite in World Cup finals is South Africa.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

only one team beat them all tournament
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

They may have won but I still don't think they the best team in the Tournament. I still think France and Ireland are better than them. Cane red card the difference. SA didn't score in the 2nd Half against 14 men.

bennydorano

Thought that was class. Some wanna watch 33-32 games but there's more drama in that today

Gael80

SA deserved to win it. They forgot about the tough draw and went and won the WC.

Capt Pat

It was a poor final. I was hoping for better.

Wildweasel74

Deserved? I think they poor enough, France be kicking themselves.

weareros

Thought the best team lost that final. But had their chances.