Lorry Tragedy

Started by Square Ball, October 25, 2019, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Who really gives a f**k what fleg he's holding! He's possibly involved with the deaths of 29 people. He needs if guilty to be locked up on his own for the rest of his life!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2019, 10:07:24 PM
Who really gives a f**k what fleg he's holding! He's possibly involved with the deaths of 29 people. He needs if guilty to be locked up on his own for the rest of his life!

You must be new here. "Is he one of ours or one of themmuns" is a required discussion for people from the north whenever discussing anyone new.

cadhlancian

I've a good friend who's a driver , has been driving the continent for 20 years now. He said he saw him on the boat 2 weeks before it happened , said the way he was dressed you wouldn't have thought he was a truck driver. Very flash.
He also said, that crossing from Belgium is 8 hours I think and that the fridges are either booked as fresh or frozen . One is 0 degrees the other minus 25. When the lorries are loaded there are people on the boat who plug in the fridges to electric. My friend said that he heard the fridge was booked as frozen , but fridge set for fresh. The boys plugging it in on the boat  probably noticed it was supposed to be a frozen load and then turned the fridge to the minus 25 . Sorry if that doesn't make sense , just trying to tell it like he told me.

Armagh18

Quote from: cadhlancian on October 29, 2019, 05:28:30 AM
I've a good friend who's a driver , has been driving the continent for 20 years now. He said he saw him on the boat 2 weeks before it happened , said the way he was dressed you wouldn't have thought he was a truck driver. Very flash.
He also said, that crossing from Belgium is 8 hours I think and that the fridges are either booked as fresh or frozen . One is 0 degrees the other minus 25. When the lorries are loaded there are people on the boat who plug in the fridges to electric. My friend said that he heard the fridge was booked as frozen , but fridge set for fresh. The boys plugging it in on the boat  probably noticed it was supposed to be a frozen load and then turned the fridge to the minus 25 . Sorry if that doesn't make sense , just trying to tell it like he told me.
Going by the texts from one of the victims they seem to have suffocated rather than froze to death.

trileacman

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 29, 2019, 08:07:08 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on October 29, 2019, 05:28:30 AM
Going by the texts from one of the victims they seem to have suffocated rather than froze to death.

Fresh shipments circulate fresh air to the interior. Frozen shipments seal the interior so would explain the suffocation. I'm no lorry expert so I could be wrong on this though. Piecing it together from what I've read over the past few days.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

RedHand88

Unbelievable to think there are people at this so close to home. You don't know your neighbours anymore...

give her dixie

Going by an Irish Times article the trailer was booked on as having a load of biscuits and the fridge wasn't running.
Therefore the trailer was a sealed unit and no oxygen was getting in and they would have suffocated
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

imtommygunn

Quote from: give her dixie on October 29, 2019, 10:21:07 AM
Going by an Irish Times article the trailer was booked on as having a load of biscuits and the fridge wasn't running.
Therefore the trailer was a sealed unit and no oxygen was getting in and they would have suffocated
:(

Jesus that is horrendous if that is the case. It should be murder on someone and not manslaughter.

Keyser soze

if the  fridge was running they would have frozen to death. 

Itchy

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 28, 2019, 10:54:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2019, 10:07:24 PM

You must be new here. "Is he one of ours or one of themmuns" is a required discussion for people from the north whenever discussing anyone new.

I brought up the point originally, I was not talking about us or them, I was pointing out how interesting it is how the media describe this man as "Irish" when in other circumstances they don't. I am well aware there are scumbags on both sides of the divide.

imtommygunn

Yeah Itchy the media wording is "interesting". It's not even an us or themmun - it's that he's not British straight away he's Irish. Typical of the british media.

So from what I read here they were going to die either by freezing or by suffocation if the fridge wasn't on :( Is that accurate? Gees it's sounding almost like genocide more than anything here.

Under what scenarios would they have survived??

David McKeown

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2019, 10:43:48 AM
:(

Jesus that is horrendous if that is the case. It should be murder on someone and not manslaughter.

I understood the sentiment but in law it would be very hard to get a murder charge to stick. You'd have to show those responsible intended to kill or cause serious bodily injury not just that they were reckless about it.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

imtommygunn

Yeah I see your point. It is hard to see how these people could have survived through any scenario here with anything other than sheer luck though.

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2019, 10:08:15 AM
Unbelievable to think there are people at this so close to home. You don't know your neighbours anymore...

Bit off topic but I was watching a programme about groups climbing Everest and one of the most important things everybody needs is oxygen.

At Camp 4, before they start the climb to the summit, a person woke up to get ready to go and some p***k had stolen their oxygen bottles!!! As time is of the essence and lack of time to climb due to conditions etc. Sherpas had to get them more bottles.

Taylor

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2019, 12:38:07 PM
Yeah Itchy the media wording is "interesting". It's not even an us or themmun - it's that he's not British straight away he's Irish. Typical of the british media.

So from what I read here they were going to die either by freezing or by suffocation if the fridge wasn't on :( Is that accurate? Gees it's sounding almost like genocide more than anything here.

Under what scenarios would they have survived??

How do other migrants get through with lorries?

It said on the news yesterday that this was potentially one of a convoy of three lorries - no sign of the other two unless some of the boys arrested were driving these