Lorry Tragedy

Started by Square Ball, October 25, 2019, 03:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 27, 2019, 10:00:18 AM
40 30k's is a lot of money, plenty to share around, wee bit for all the players while the masterminds get a good cut too
Certainly more profitable use of a refrigerated wagon than shifting fruit and veg.

Square Ball

Three released on bail, so it that only Mo left on his own, well at the minute.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

give her dixie

Quote from: Square Ball on October 27, 2019, 11:45:00 AM
Three released on bail, so it that only Mo left on his own, well at the minute.

A 23 year old man from Co Down who was arrested yesterday in Dublin port remains in custody

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/eamon-harrison-appears-court-after-17153090.amp?__twitter_impression=true
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

40 30k's is a lot of money, plenty to share around, wee bit for all the players while the masterminds get a good cut too

I have often heard that the rate for the driver was around £2,000 per person been smuggled

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on October 27, 2019, 12:28:23 PM

I have often heard that the rate for the driver was around £2,000 per person been smuggled

£14,000 per head from Belgium to the UK per this article :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7617399/amp/Sickening-people-trafficker-offers-smuggle-undercover-reporter-London-14k.html
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

It's a bad job if the daily mail is a source of truth ;D

Bad job all round. Doesn't speak volumes for someone being involved in this kind of caper.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2019, 02:34:58 PM
It's a bad job if the daily mail is a source of truth ;D

Bad job all round. Doesn't speak volumes for someone being involved in this kind of caper.
A lot of these lads will rationalise that the movement of paying migrants is a victimless crime.

imtommygunn

I saw some comments in those sites that would suggest that. It's just the internet magnifying idiots though and I would suspect they are in the minority. Anyone who sees 39 deaths as victimless is not a good person.

seafoid

Desperate people will pay huge money to live in the West. Earning capacity is so much bigger than in rural Asia.  Also overpopulation pushes people to escape .
This goes on 365 days a year without problems.
Something must have gone wrong in this case and then it goes out of control with the police and media getting involved.   

imtommygunn

Yeah but then how do they get big money if they live in places with so much less earning capacity. I suspect there is quite a bit sinister in how they get the money too >:( Sometimes human beings wouldn't give you much faith in humanity.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 27, 2019, 04:18:24 PM
Yeah but then how do they get big money if they live in places with so much less earning capacity. I suspect there is quite a bit sinister in how they get the money too >:( Sometimes human beings wouldn't give you much faith in humanity.
.Sell land or borrow from moneylenders probably
Drogba was sponsoring x family members back in Cote d'Ivoire

tonto1888

If it is trafficking, some traffickers take the money from the wages the people get. Would take a look g time to get the money back mind you.

LeoMc

An advance from the smugglers themselves. The collateral is their families lives or a younger sibling. It is paid back to the smugglers once they get to the west. They will get their accommodation and a job. Most of their "wage" will be handed back to pay the debt and for the accommodation and they will probably be left with the equivalent of a weeks wages in Vietnam which they can send back to keep them off the breadline and to make it appear that they have "made it in the West" inspiring others to follow their path.

seafoid

Trafficking of women for prostitution is brutal and some of the women end up
in Ireland

give her dixie

In relation to the GPS tracker and the information a few days ago that the trailer had shipped in and out in the days prior to the fateful journey,  the tracker will show exactly where it stopped after it left the port. If it is in the same area as to where it stopped on Wednesday morning,  then it will show a pattern perhaps. 

If it is, then there could be the possibility that a few vans were on hand to take them to another location? Would cctv capture those movements if they occured?

It would appear that the 23 year old arrested in Dublin port yesterday is tied in as well.  According to court reports he has disposed of a mobile phone and spent 3 days looking for an alternative route back to Ireland. He was refused bail, and because of the different jurisdictions, how would Essex police go about questioning him?

More facts may be revealed tomorrow at the court case, which will bd revealing