FIFA Corruption arrests.

Started by topcuppla, May 27, 2015, 08:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Given Qatar a world cup stunk the place out, at the time of the bid i don't think they had a stadium even built, they haven't even focused on that one yet. For place like the cayman islands with a population of 50,000 to have the same vote of germany 70 million pop or France 60 million pop  with numerous professional football teams and professional players does not make sense. Some sort of main committee is needed in line with the United nations big 5, a presidency should only be for 2 terms maximum. a candidate must put forward his vision for fifa in alive debate with other, all payments must be done through official channels and open to check by govt. bodies to ensure no tax evasion, money lying in the cayman island etc and dodgy dealings.

Minder

Quote from: An Watcher on May 28, 2015, 10:51:59 PM
I'm no fan of FIFA but I do feel they're being targeted because they didn't give the brits the world cup. A few news stories about blatter and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. What has he done that is so wrong? I've no complaints if he's shafted a few PL teams or annoyed the English soccer team. England are not the world governing body.

It was a U.S. inquiry
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Quote from: Zulu on May 28, 2015, 10:20:34 PM
I didn't elevate gallsman to 'the level of Oracle', whatever that means, I simply agreed with him that we were embarrassingly ridiculous in our moaning about an incident that happens every week in sport. I just watched your link and I thought we got a very soft penalty but that has nothing to do with my view that we were an embarrassment in our moaning about the French goal. Cheating goes on every week in soccer, by Irish soccer players too, so climbing on the high moral ground like many Irish soccer folk did was an utter embarrassment. And that's not to mention how we would have ridiculed the French if the shoe was on the other foot for complaining. The reaction of the Irish soccer crowd to the handball must be a low point in Irish sport, our whinging was  a joke.

You're missing the point. The reaction of Irish people and the FAI is a completely separate issue (and I think most of us largely agree about that). However, laughing and joking about cheating and ridiculing the "victim" (for want of a better word) by the top administrator in the world governing body of a sport has never happened in my memory in any other sport. It beggars belief. This guy staunchly opposes technology. Hopefully the guys that are currently indicted spill the beans to save their own arses and Blatter gets nailed. An odious man.

stew

Quote from: An Watcher on May 28, 2015, 10:51:59 PM
I'm no fan of FIFA but I do feel they're being targeted because they didn't give the brits the world cup. A few news stories about blatter and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. What has he done that is so wrong? I've no complaints if he's shafted a few PL teams or annoyed the English soccer team. England are not the world governing body.

Utter balls!

I have no time for the English FA, arseholes to be sure but the English simply are not big enough to make this happen, nobody is individually, the fact is the Swiss and the Yanks have been prudent and are now borderline arrogant in this issue, this has been going on for years and the FBI have done their due dilligence!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

foxcommander

It takes the yanks to do the world policing....

F* yeah!
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

give her dixie

Last week, Blatter and a couple of FIFA officials visited Palestine and Israel ahead of a vote to expel Israel due to their treatment of Palestinian footballers and clubs and having 5 teams based in occupied territory .

The vote is to take place today at the FIFA convention

Netanyahu told reporters yesterday that if Israel is suspended "it would be a blatant politicisation of sport and the result will be Fifa's collapse".

Given how Israel pull many strings at the top levels of Government in the USA, I wouldn't doubt for a second that they were pulling strings in this ongoing FIFA scandal.

A couple of articles for reading

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/may/29/palestinian-football-association-to-push-ahead-for-israels-suspension-from-fifa

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/y=2015/m=5/news=fifa-president-blatter-concludes-visit-to-israeli-and-palestinian-auth-2607075.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/palestinians-await-fifa-decision-israel-suspension-150527055903301.html

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/18912-independent-jewish-voices-joins-activists-in-demanding-fifa-show-israel-the-red-card
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

muppet

Quote from: stew on May 28, 2015, 04:59:33 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 27, 2015, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: stew on May 27, 2015, 09:34:55 PM
Blatter is sudenly going to get ill and will be too frail to A. Continue in his capacity as FIFA President and B. To stand trial for the sins he was involved in/oversaw in fixing world cup venues, bribery and corruption and most importantly, the use of slave labor in Qatar and Africa among other places.

The man is pure scum and I hope he rots in jail.

I suspect Blatter is, shall we say, unreliable. I hope any investigation confirms my beliefs. I suspected Lance Armstrong was the same and was delighted when my beliefs were confirmed.

Stew iirc you attacked posters on here for questioning Lance Armstrong without evidence, yet without evidence (unless you have something in which case please show it) you want Blatter to rot in jail.

Eh Armstrong never had a released positive test and was the single most tested Athlete of all Time.

Blatters FIFA has had top officials jailed for asking for Bribes.

Jack Warner.

CONACAF. Jack Warner, whistleblowers, the IRS, The Government of the United States has built a case against the **** spanning decades.

The way he went against FIFA's own rules and seeded the playoffs which had a direct impact on Ireland when they were involved, he tried to get the French and the Russians in and got that half right, no way was that b**tard going to give Ireland another crack at the French, too many eyeballs and too much money to let that happen.

Islands with a population of 5,000 that are not even considered a nation have the same voting rights as Germany, England or Brazil.

His track record of allowing workers to be abused in South Africa and his backing of Qatar even though those b**tards are holding foreign nationals passports and refusing to let them out of the country, one of who was an Austrian division 2 player of some note.

The man has been a blight on the sport for forty years and I stand by my comments, if you cannot see the difference between his case and that of Armstrongs I cannot help you.

You missed my point.

You condemned anyone who criticised Armstrong, because of no smoking gun.

You are now doing the same.

(And now we know that Armstrong DID test positive as did most of his teammates. And it was Armstrong who insists he was the most tested athlete of all time - he is hardly a reliable source is he?).

I will be as happy as anyone if Blatter goes down. But I want to wait and see what exactly he did that is indictable, rather than 'allowing workers' to be abused. If you wear top sports brands you are doing the same.
MWWSI 2017

easytiger95

Lads, you don't need a big conspiracy on this one. The failure of the US bid for the World Cup, or even to make the shortlist, despite a hugely expensive campaign, opened the eyes of many involved (including Bill Clinton) to the incredible open corruption of FIFA. It wasn't going to be long after that the US Justice department were going to start casting around for leads.

Throw in the brilliant Chuck Blazer living in Trump Towers with not one, but two apartments (the second one was for his cats) and the whole house of cards was going to fall.

Once the Feds have two possibly linked criminal acts, they can break out the RICO laws - and once they are after you for racketeering, you can forget about it. Add in that most of the international money transfer transactions in the world go through US banks, then you have wire fraud and money laundering as well.

Now, unlike HSBC, FIFA have no pull with the US, throw in the fact that the US have been making a lot of noises about repatriating tax money from Swiss Bank accounts, and you have a perfect storm for FIFA and Dr Evil. They done messed with the wrong boys, because if there is one thing the Yanks like, it is a fair fix.

give her dixie

This is not an article from The Onion or Waterford Whisperers..... 

Senator John McCain on Thursday proposed military action to "dismantle and destroy FIFA once and for all."

"These are people who only understand one thing: force," McCain said on the floor of the United States Senate. "We must make FIFA taste the vengeful might and fury of the United States military."

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mccain-urges-military-strikes-against-fifa

Billys Boots

Quoteif there is one thing the Yanks like, it is a fair fix

Nail on head, corruption stinks unless its their corruption. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

gallsman

Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2015, 11:51:04 AM

Senator John McCain on Thursday proposed military action to "dismantle and destroy FIFA once and for all."

"These are people who only understand one thing: force," McCain said on the floor of the United States Senate. "We must make FIFA taste the vengeful might and fury of the United States military."

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/mccain-urges-military-strikes-against-fifa

No it's not, but it is satire of a similar variety. Surely you didn't think it was real?

give her dixie

Quote from: gallsman on May 29, 2015, 11:53:53 AM

No it's not, but it is satire of a similar variety. Surely you didn't think it was real?

Of course it's real. Sure he said this as well......

McCain requested a four-billion-dollar aid package for moderate elements within global soccer, and said that the United States should be prepared to put boots on the ground in Switzerland.

give her dixie

A bomb threat has been received at the FIFA Congress in Zurich, Swiss police have confirmed to SRF News.

Authorities were alerted around 11 a.m. local time, police spokesman Marco Cortesi confirmed.

It remains unknown whether the congress will resume.

http://rt.com/news/263137-bomb-threat-fifa-congress/

AZOffaly

Quote from: give her dixie on May 29, 2015, 12:00:03 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 29, 2015, 11:53:53 AM

Of course it's real. Sure he said this as well......

McCain requested a four-billion-dollar aid package for moderate elements within global soccer, and said that the United States should be prepared to put boots on the ground in Switzerland.

That's not real GHD. Look at the URL. Holy God.