Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

As much as Franko and I have a 'thing' he's got his principles and sticking to them...

For me voting in newtownabbey is a bollox, so selecting candidates is limited, so spoiling a vote (which I've done in past) seems the right choice at times
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Franko on January 20, 2017, 02:06:03 PM
And I'm not mixed up in any way, I couldn't be clearer.  The people in the 3 parties I mentioned didn't want to know about the issue I had so I ruled out giving them my vote.  I don't see this as petty at all.  This sort of thing is what we pay elected representatives for and if they don't act on a request or show an interest in these issues then I won't vote for them.  And I'll state this again.  I didn't vote for a unionist candidate because the constitutional question is quite important to me.  I won't vote for someone whose views are completely opposed to mine on this.  What's difficult to understand or unclear about this?

If the constitutional issue is so important to you, then councillors running errands for you should not be superior to this. So you should vote for constitutionally sound candidates first, and then make sure the helpful UU guy gets the highest preference of any constitutionally unsound candidate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: armaghniac on January 21, 2017, 01:55:01 AM
And I'm not mixed up in any way, I couldn't be clearer.  The people in the 3 parties I mentioned didn't want to know about the issue I had so I ruled out giving them my vote.  I don't see this as petty at all.  This sort of thing is what we pay elected representatives for and if they don't act on a request or show an interest in these issues then I won't vote for them.  And I'll state this again.  I didn't vote for a unionist candidate because the constitutional question is quite important to me.  I won't vote for someone whose views are completely opposed to mine on this.  What's difficult to understand or unclear about this?

If the constitutional issue is so important to you, then councillors running errands for you should not be superior to this. So you should vote for constitutionally sound candidates first, and then make sure the helpful UU guy gets the highest preference of any constitutionally unsound candidate.

Agreed. Its a bit like ultra Republicans refusing to take part in British elections, well im afraid any future referendum will only be called if nationalists get enough votes in a "British" assembly election so sitting on ones arse is counter productive.

Franko

Quote from: armaghniac on January 21, 2017, 01:55:01 AM

You're twisting my words. I said that the constitutional question was QUITE important to me.  I'e, not so important that I'd refuse the help of a unionist councillor to sort issues pertinent to my livelihood, but important enough that I'd never vote for them.  I don't believe this is an unreasonable position.  Incidentally, the councillor sorted the issue at the request of a third party (mutual friend) who would think more along his lines! I'm not so sure they'd have been as helpful had I approached them directly.

T Fearon

Power base in SF shifting to the Freestate.With Mc Guinness gone and Adams on notice,the North will merely be a branch office of the Dublin power base,and Northern SF voters second class citizens as far as Mary Lou is concerned

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on January 22, 2017, 10:31:39 PM
Power base in SF shifting to the Freestate.With Mc Guinness gone and Adams on notice,the North will merely be a branch office of the Dublin power base,and Northern SF voters second class citizens as far as Mary Lou is concerned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMVQCHgpYmI
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: armaghniac on February 02, 2017, 02:47:40 PM

Still pretty depressing reading for nationalists. Even including PBP and nationalist independents/others you are getting about 41% a figure nationaists have been stuck at for some 20 yrs. This demographic time bomb well and truly has been declared a hoax

Avondhu star

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on February 02, 2017, 03:05:05 PM

Still pretty depressing reading for nationalists. Even including PBP and nationalist independents/others you are getting about 41% a figure nationaists have been stuck at for some 20 yrs. This demographic time bomb well and truly has been declared a hoax

Bottom line is always the finance one. Do Northern Nationalists believe that they and their families will be better of in United Ireland or a United Kingdom?
Its grand talking patriotic old shite up in the Felons Club on a Saturday night but what will put the spondulicks in the pocket
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

yellowcard

It's depressing to think that the DUP vote is affected by just 3% after the corruption surrounding the RHI and the bigoted views of many within the DUP party. In any normal society the vote would be destroyed but the reality is that they can always rely on a sectarian vote count to win them the day. Indeed Foster will probably see it as some form of vindication if she maintains that level of vote come election time.

seafoid

The Alliance vote should be broken down by religion
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Take Your Points

Take Your Points

armaghniac

QuoteStill pretty depressing reading for nationalists. Even including PBP and nationalist independents/others you are getting about 41% a figure nationaists have been stuck at for some 20 yrs. This demographic time bomb well and truly has been declared a hoax

nationalists 41% unionists 45% Others 13%
that's how it is going to be, except in the next election it will be nationalists 42% unionists 44% and so on.

the  demographic time bomb is still ticking. The 60+ aged people who are 60% unionist do turn out at elections, the 18-30 group do not turn out as well.

The DUP may lose out on transfers, the UU is a coalition of between true blues and others who might be annoyed both a RHI and Brexit and whose transfer will go to Alliance and the SDLP.

The important thing is that this will reduce the DUP to below 30, so no petitions of concern without others being involved. And there should be clear majority for common sense on Brexit, notwithstanding the looney left.