The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Anyway... it's time for this old man to go to bed. I hope my belief that Joe will scape in is realized when I wake up tomorrow. Unfortunately we still will be in the midst of a cold civil war. The confederacy will not go away you know.

Maiden1

Trump 1/2
Biden 2/1

Flip of odds from last night
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Itchy

Quote from: Maiden1 on November 04, 2020, 08:12:43 AM
Trump 1/2
Biden 2/1

Seems at odds with all the commentary I heard this morning on the way into work. God help us with 4 more years of this fool.

passedit

That Trump wants the count stopped tells all you need to know. CNN coverage has been excellent. Here's their latest.

QuoteVote counting is still underway in key states. Here's what you need to know.

From CNN's Maeve Reston and Stephen Collinson

Votes are still being counted in several key states across the US, and no winner has been determined in the presidential election.

If you're just reading in, here's what you need to know about the race:

All eyes on the Midwest: The election is far from over with millions of votes outstanding in key states like Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan — ballots that were cast before Election Day that have yet to be counted. Pennsylvania has counted 39% of the mail-in ballots it has received, according to the state.
    Counting underway in Arizona and Georgia: Joe Biden appears to have made significant gains in Arizona, a state which Trump won in 2016. Georgia appeared at a standstill as officials in Fulton County, which includes Atlanta and its populous suburbs, said they would resume counting at resume at 8 a.m. ET.
    President Trump attempted to claim victory: Donald Trump called for a halt to legitimate vote counting that is underway around the country and sought to mislead his loyal supporters by conflating the legitimate counting of ballots with voting as he falsely claimed Democrats were trying to "steal the election."
    Biden holds the lead: The Democratic nominee holds the lead in the Electoral College at this stage in the night, 220 to 213. Remember: 270 electoral votes are needed to become president. Speaking to reporters, the former vice president urged them to "Keep the faith, guys. We're going to win this."

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/election-results-and-news-11-03-20/h_c2871ed0f911d04df9e6cdebbf6957fb
Don't Panic

blasmere

Quote from: Itchy on November 04, 2020, 08:43:05 AM
Quote from: Maiden1 on November 04, 2020, 08:12:43 AM
Trump 1/2
Biden 2/1

Seems at odds with all the commentary I heard this morning on the way into work. God help us with 4 more years of this fool.

This suggest that Trump is going to win, he's ahead in all the undeclared states apart from 1.

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+election&rlz=1C1GGRV_enGB751GB754&oq=us&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0i131i433l3j69i60l3.653j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

larryin89

Betting market has been pretty much the same since I checked it two hours ago trump 1.5 Biden 2.98

That's not good
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

If Trump does win then those who rioted and looted will have put him there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

Hopefully the mail votes will turn those key states blue. PA seems to be beyond Biden. Circa 6/700,000 behind
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

imtommygunn

J70

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 04, 2020, 09:12:22 AM
Hopefully the mail votes will turn those key states blue. PA seems to be beyond Biden. Circa 6/700,000 behind

There is a huge amount of vote still to be counted from places like Philadelphia. Same in Wisconsin with Milwaukee. They're holding back in Georgia because counts had to shut down in the Atlanta area.

I'm not saying that Biden is going to win those states. Fact is no one knows at this point.

The reason Trump is falsely crying foul is because he knows a lot of the outstanding vote is mail-ins, where he is perceived to have a disadvantage.

imtommygunn

https://twitter.com/i/status/1323888955188781056

This video is quite remarkable. (It's Bernie Sanders talking to *I think* Jimmy Kimmel)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2020, 09:19:20 AM

There is a huge amount of vote still to be counted from places like Philadelphia. Same in Wisconsin with Milwaukee. They're holding back in Georgia because counts had to shut down in the Atlanta area.

I'm not saying that Biden is going to win those states. Fact is no one knows at this point.

The reason Trump is falsely crying foul is because he knows a lot of the outstanding vote is mail-ins, where he is perceived to have a disadvantage.

But surely the bookies know this? So why is he odds on favourite? Watching Fox for some craic!

Four more years!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

larryin89

Trump touching 1.3 to 1.4 now , it's fooked .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Quote from: J70 on November 04, 2020, 09:19:20 AM

PA does look gone.

Expecting to get most of the Wisconsin in about 30 mins. Biden needs to turn that around, keep Arizona and get one of Georgia or Michigan. That'll be 270. Can be done, but 2/1 or 5/2 is about right.

Maroon Manc