Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Targetman on April 24, 2017, 09:37:00 PM
Didn't go well then for yous? Any score from Mayobridge and Kilcoo?

Ahh we never showed up at all.. Very disappointing... Impressed with the hard running from the clonduff men all the same... Very good side...

Mourne man

Division 2 seems to be very competitive! I think Saval will be the front runner and who come after that it is anyones guess!There 6/7 teams all around the same level!

wobbller

Quote from: Mourne man on April 27, 2017, 08:23:15 AM
Division 2 seems to be very competitive! I think Saval will be the front runner and who come after that it is anyones guess!There 6/7 teams all around the same level!
plus Rostrevor and Loughinisland

5 Sams

RIP Tommy Bradley. Tommy passed away today. Member of the minor team that won the All Ireland in 1977. Him and Ambrose will have a bit of fun tonight :'(
The Aristocrat Years

wobbller

Fuzzman

Lads, I'm just curious how rife is the blanket defence and playing with 13 men behind the ball in your club football?

Are games enjoyable to watch or is it like county football with too many men back in defence?

Down Follower

There are a number of clubs who do it and opposing teams dread the thought of having to go and play them.  Not because they wont win but because they know it will be a s**t game.
Is it rife, I wouldnt say so.  Probably 30% all men back, another 30% who just play man on man, and the rest who have a sensible balance between the two.

outinfront

Championship draw last night. Not sure if there was a stream or not but it's done anyway.

Fuzzman

I asked the Derry lads as well as they said yeah it's nearly everywhere in their games now. Nearly everybody behind the ball and most games are brutal to watch.

I don't live in Tyrone any more but from the sounds of things it's still the norm there though some clubs try to play it a bit more open. It will be interesting to see do Donegal change their tactics a bit this year with their new crop of young players coming through. A lot of Tyrone fans are totally fed up watching it though it has probably helped us to do better than we could have done in recent years.

Bigben36

DOWN GAA JUNIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 IN SUPPORT OF TRÓCAIRE

Round One:
Kilclief v St Pauls
St Michaels v Aghaderg

Quarter Final
St Michaels/Aghaderg v Dromara
Bright v Ardglass
Mitchels v Dundrum
Ballykinlar v Kilclief/St Pauls

DOWN GAA INTERMEDIATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2017 IN SUPPORT OF TRÓCAIRE

Round One:
Shamrocks v Teconnaught
St Johns v Liatroim
Tullylish v Carryduff
Saul v Darragh Cross
Drumaness v Rostrevor
Drumgath v Glasdrumman
Annaclone v Clann na Banna
St John Bosco v Atticall

MORGAN FUELS DOWN GAA SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2017

Round One:
Kilcoo v Clonduff
An Riocht v Downpatrick
Cumann Pheadair Naofa v Bryansford
Castlewellan v Bredagh
Longstone v Mayobridge
Loughinisland v Ballyholland
Ballymartin v Saval
Glenn v Burren

Town Gael

Is there a back door again this year?

Hedgehunter

SamFever

Darragh Cross to struggle also.We've won our first four matches versus mediocre opposition.Not good for the tasks ahead.

downjim

Castlewellan are flying, they are so comfortable at the minute. They would be best equipped to challenge Kilcoo this year. The Harps suffered another defeat last night, is the coaching guru under pressure??

thebar

Quote from: downjim on April 29, 2017, 03:34:15 PM
Castlewellan are flying, they are so comfortable at the minute. They would be best equipped to challenge Kilcoo this year. The Harps suffered another defeat last night, is the coaching guru under pressure??

Was at the Harps match last night..close enough game esp the 2nd half but the bridge always had that wee bit in the reserve for every time the harps came back at them...one thing though and im not about giving fellas a hard time but Poacher who i believe is a very very decent coach does himself no favours with his carry on during games....when bridge men were about to take frees or shoot he was doing everything unsporting that he could to put fellas off....roaring / shouting things at boys - just all uncalled for....that sort of thing trying to put fellas off is one thing from outside the wire but inside the wire shows a lack of class, sportmanship and is imo uncalled for. Its a pity because im sure the he has more knowledge than most on the coaching side but all the other antics are classless.