NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 05, 2023, 04:53:53 PM
Quote from: Rudi on March 05, 2023, 04:27:15 PM
Roscommon were poor,  but probably should have won it. Keeper had a shocker for kick outs, worth at least 3 points to Mayo,we handed them a goal. Referee bought all the usual cynicism from Mayo, he was awful.
The only time he should be let near a whistle again, is when he goes to a rave.

Gaelic football has gotten so hard to referee. Players in todays game practice how to win frees. It's hard to distinguish between legitimate and fabricated fouls.

To add to it many referees have never played the game at any level.

Then there is a majority of the viewing public who don't have a clue of the rules or their interpretation.

Don't worry.  Jarlath will sort it out.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 05, 2023, 04:49:06 PM
That's not true, you can see players slapped away with both hands, not holding him up, go watch some of the instances again

Not all cases I know. But I think you're falling for the auld forward cuteness tbh if you thought there was a lot. It was good to see the ref allowing the play to continue today and not giving the easy decision unless a clear foul.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tyroneman

Kerry far from shrinking violets today. Well. Versed in the tactical foul or body check off the ball.

Curious why
1. Point that hit top of post and bounced in wasn't allowed
2. How Sean O'Se avoided a black card for a textbook pull down 

thewobbler

Roscommon were poor,  but probably should have won it. Keeper had a shocker for kick outs, worth at least 3 points to Mayo,we handed them a goal. Referee bought all the usual cynicism from Mayo, he was awful.

Gaelic football has gotten so hard to referee. Players in todays game practice how to win frees. It's hard to distinguish between legitimate and fabricated fouls.

Then there is a majority of the viewing public who don't have a clue of the rules or their interpretation.

Really can't understand why playing a game should make someone a more suitable adjudicator on it. Almost to a man, players interpret the aggression levels of teammates on an entirely different scale to that of their opponents. Plus, if anything, players want a "dodgy call" evened up with one or two for themselves.

The other points are valid. The culture of diving and feigning injury is complete scourge on the game, and it'll never change so long as the " head injury nazis" (i really don't want to call them that, but it's an apt description of those who demand caution after every contact) have their way.

Rudi

That's all true, cant argue with that.

tyrone08

What is it with refs. They send someone rightly off then go out of their way to give them every decision after it. Some amount of calls going Galways way since the sending off

Wildweasel74

That's poor lying down by Sean Kelly there, nothing wrong with him.

Wildweasel74

N0. 12 down as if he shot, to waste time, Monaghan man booked for the face contact, Galway man holding you man bck from taking quick one, which lead to it, nothing!

armaghniac

Connacht teams lead Div 1, the West's awake.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: armaghniac on March 05, 2023, 06:37:17 PM

Apart from Mayo into the final its hard to say who will join them in that final and which two will be relegated. The most competitive Division 1 campaign i can remember.

bennydorano

R6

Sat 18th March
Armagh v Galway
Kerry v Roscommon

Sun 19th March
Monaghan v Tyrone
Donegal v Mayo

R7
Sunday 26th 1.45pm throw ins:

Tyrone v Armagh
Mayo v Monaghan
Roscommon v Donegal
Galway v Kerry

An Watcher

Quote from: tyroneman on March 05, 2023, 05:06:04 PM
Kerry far from shrinking violets today. Well. Versed in the tactical foul or body check off the ball.

Curious why
1. Point that hit top of post and bounced in wasn't allowed
2. How Sean O'Se avoided a black card for a textbook pull down

Yes, same as that.  Thought it was some rule I wasn't aware of.  As for the drag down, Tyrone were on the end of sone very dubious refereeing decisions last year yet these ones look fairly black and white

illdecide

Quote from: illdecide on March 03, 2023, 11:03:33 AM
Armagh 1-15 Donegal 1-13
Galway 1-16 Monaghan 2-11
Tyrone 2-14 Kerry 2-13
Roscommon 0-15 Mayo 2-13

Got the results correct just not the right scores...C- must do better
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 05, 2023, 06:37:17 PM
Ulster's half awake
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on March 05, 2023, 07:06:50 PM
R6

Sat 18th March
Armagh v Galway - No one could predict this result - DRAW maybe
Kerry v Roscommon - Kerry to win comfortably

Sun 19th March
Monaghan v Tyrone - This really is a difficult one, Tyrone to sneak this one
Donegal v Mayo - Mayo to win with a few to spare

R7