NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenC

Nothing like an auld melee to fill a few pages.  ;D
Wait till the punishments are handed out and we'll get another few pages out of the injustices that were done.

Genuine question ... did the Armagh lad that gave away the penalty get a card? Thought it was a terrible tackle and forced Brennan to go off.

BTW Neil McGee was on as a blood sub, hence his short (but impactful) cameo.

Wildweasel74

What other sports do you get regular field fights/ scuffles on? Even Ice Hockey calmed down. You had Kilcoo game last year, Lavey v Ballinderry, Laois championship game ( Watch that on YouTube, it's something else) , Wicklow U-16 game, pile in at Kerry v Dublin, Tyrone v Armagh, Donegal v Armagh. Downpatrick a few yrs ago which ended in car park. A manager over a Tyrone club last year had mentioned how a player got his jaw broke just over a tussle, and there were a few things going on at club games simply not getting reported. So it obvious the Gaa is not coming down hard on these with every avenue took to get players off and suspensions and fines reduced. It not be to someone is seriously injured or killed, that the Gaa will take it serious and by then its too late. How come Rugby, a more confrontational game is not having  regular punch ups?. Cause the suspension and fines are severe.

Average Score

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 29, 2022, 10:47:17 PM
What other sports do you get regular field fights/ scuffles on? Even Ice Hockey calmed down. You had Kilcoo game last year, Lavey v Ballinderry, Laois championship game ( Watch that on YouTube, it's something else) , Wicklow U-16 game, pile in at Kerry v Dublin, Tyrone v Armagh, Donegal v Armagh. Downpatrick a few yrs ago which ended in car park. A manager over a Tyrone club last year had mentioned how a player got his jaw broke just over a tussle, and there were a few things going on at club games simply not getting reported. So it obvious the Gaa is not coming down hard on these with every avenue took to get players off and suspensions and fines reduced. It not be to someone is seriously injured or killed, that the Gaa will take it serious and by then its too late. How come Rugby, a more confrontational game is not having  regular punch ups?. Cause the suspension and fines are severe.

Because it is all the off the ball stuff that starts all this shite, and the umpires and linemen are not fit for purpose.  Aidian Nugent and Andy Murnin were being mauled, dragged, kicked and abused for about 5 minutes whilst play was at the other end of the field, no surprise the number 4 was involved, Nugent went to the umpires to complain and he waved him away, is it anyone wonder players get frustrated, you basically have a semi trained ref, a few semi trained linesmen and the refs 4 mates - what could go wrong!

Harold Disgracey

Not sure how true it is but I hear 3 Armagh players are suspended for the championship game.

Armagh18

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 30, 2022, 11:43:05 AM
Not sure how true it is but I hear 3 Armagh players are suspended for the championship game.
Heard that plus 3 from Donegal as well. Hopefully all 6 subject to successful appeals.

J70

Where are you hearing that lads?

Any names?

tonto1888

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 12:14:00 PM

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
Ciaran Makin from Armagh I've heard

J70

Couldn't see anything anywhere online, so I checked the Orchard County forum.

Aside from the completely unbiased whinging and victimhood on display ( ;D), they are also listing those three rumoured names for Armagh.

Neil McGee, our sub keeper, and McFadden-Ferry for us.

I guess we'll find out later how true it is.

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 30, 2022, 12:25:09 PM

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
heard Nugent instead of Forker. From speaking to one that were at the game Murphy 100% should be gone.

Average Score

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 12:39:22 PM

Aside from the completely unbiased whinging and victimhood on display ( ;D), they are also listing those three rumoured names for Armagh.

::)  Be amazed if all 6 stand no way Donegal should lose a player all 3 should be subs suspended, maybe a water boy could take the hit!

Armagh18

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 30, 2022, 12:46:47 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on March 30, 2022, 12:44:53 PM

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
heard Nugent instead of Forker. From speaking to one that were at the game Murphy 100% should be gone.
As should O'Neill be. If he avoids it after that punch the whole thing is a farce.
I've watched it back a few times and the only thing remotely like a punch is a slight movement with the left hand. Looked like more of a shove to me than a punch. Surprise surprise Donegal target the best or second best player in the country to get him banned....

Average Score

Any names?
Campbell
Forker

Not only a tr**p but a yellow tr**p.

J70

Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 12:48:30 PM

::)  Be amazed if all 6 stand no way Donegal should lose a player all 3 should be subs suspended, maybe a water boy could take the hit!

Grow the f**k up.

Average Score

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 30, 2022, 12:46:47 PM

Any names?
Campbell
Forker
As should O'Neill be. If he avoids it after that punch the whole thing is a farce.

What punch is that, I was there and didn't see him punch anyone - Murphy on the other hand!

Average Score

Quote from: J70 on March 30, 2022, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: Average Score on March 30, 2022, 12:48:30 PM

Grow the f**k up.

Bless Not like the truth kid.