NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on March 29, 2022, 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: balladmaker on March 29, 2022, 08:30:26 AM
Could just a well sit in the WTF thread ..... Eamon McGee writeup in SportsJoe.ie .... talk about biased and a blatant attempt to either secure Armagh suspensions, or at least have the ref. 'on notice' for a bit of leniency towards Donegal in Ballybofey.  You'd think there was only one team on the field by reading the article .... the Donegal men must be worried with what they saw on Sunday.

Read that myself and thought there's no way that should have been left unchallenged and Darren O'Sullivan backing him up. A bit of a stitch up job so close to championship. A coup for Donegal tho.
They must be shitting themselves, as evidenced by the other McGee clown being sent on to try and get a rise out of Rian on Sunday. Simply don't have the players any more to beat us fairly.

iorras

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 28, 2022, 11:06:52 AM
So that's the end of the league, and it was interesting right up until the end with relegation and a final place all at stake. 

Well done Monaghan on top result yesterday, good morale boosting win, they should be confident knowing they can beat any team on their day. 

Not sure if Kildare will sense blood in the water, but if they are ever to win Leinster this is the year.  Dublin are not dead in the water, but that allure of being unbeatable is not there the way it used to be.

Top result for Tyrone also, again winning games will breed confidence and they are winning at the right time of the year. 

For Armagh division 1 status was their aim so well done, goes to show you need a fast start in the league. 

Donegal and Mayo are still a mixed bag to me and its hard to see if they will actually be contenders this year going off their leagues, watching them a handful of times its hard to know. 

Kerry seem to be the standout team at the moment
How many times will people make that mistake to judge Mayo on the league, every year with the exception of 2019, and even then, people prob wouldn't even have said Mayo would win Connacht. Now they may not this year either as Galway are going well, but it wouldnt be the first year thats been the case either and Mayo still win Connacht.
I still dont think JH has the ability to win an all ireland final given his track record on the line in his 4 finals (is my number correct?)  but think they probably have a good chance of getting there.

nrico2006

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 29, 2022, 09:34:35 AM
Could just a well sit in the WTF thread ..... Eamon McGee writeup in SportsJoe.ie .... talk about biased and a blatant attempt to either secure Armagh suspensions, or at least have the ref. 'on notice' for a bit of leniency towards Donegal in Ballybofey.  You'd think there was only one team on the field by reading the article .... the Donegal men must be worried with what they saw on Sunday.

Read that myself and thought there's no way that should have been left unchallenged and Darren O'Sullivan backing him up. A bit of a stitch up job so close to championship. A coup for Donegal tho.
They must be shitting themselves, as evidenced by the other McGee clown being sent on to try and get a rise out of Rian on Sunday. Simply don't have the players any more to beat us fairly.

Huh - they did beat you fairly sure.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Armagh18

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 29, 2022, 09:41:51 AM

Huh - they did beta you fairly sure.
Sure we'll see in a few weeks. Not some kick about in the sun.

J70

Shitting themselves.

Right. ;D

Had O'Neill not just been involved in the scuffle that led to McCole going off for a few minutes in the first  place?

yellowcard

I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of it but the irony of a McGee complaining about physical aggression!

J70

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2022, 10:29:50 AM
I'm not getting into the rights and wrongs of it but the irony of a McGee complaining about physical aggression!

Fair enough, but it was the headlocks, specifically, from what I read.

yellowcard

Quote from: J70 on March 29, 2022, 10:32:12 AM

If there isn't a specific rule that states that a headlock is a red card then the GAA should introduce it into the rulebook, I have no problem with that. It is arguably more dangerous than a lot of current red card offences.

After that, if anybody choked an opponent in a headlock, then if the existing rules allow it issue them with a suspension. As long as the rules are applied evenly to both sides rather than this implication that it is a pre conceived tactic employed specifically by Armagh. Referencing an incident from 2014 bears little relevance to a League match 8 years later. 

sensethetone

If there are any suspensions for Donegal and Armagh players, will the suspension carry into the championship?

I

Wildweasel74

seafoid

Quote from: iorras on March 29, 2022, 09:35:33 AM
Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 28, 2022, 11:06:52 AM
So that's the end of the league, and it was interesting right up until the end with relegation and a final place all at stake. 

Well done Monaghan on top result yesterday, good morale boosting win, they should be confident knowing they can beat any team on their day. 

Not sure if Kildare will sense blood in the water, but if they are ever to win Leinster this is the year.  Dublin are not dead in the water, but that allure of being unbeatable is not there the way it used to be.

Top result for Tyrone also, again winning games will breed confidence and they are winning at the right time of the year. 

For Armagh division 1 status was their aim so well done, goes to show you need a fast start in the league. 

Donegal and Mayo are still a mixed bag to me and its hard to see if they will actually be contenders this year going off their leagues, watching them a handful of times its hard to know. 

Kerry seem to be the standout team at the moment
How many times will people make that mistake to judge Mayo on the league, every year with the exception of 2019, and even then, people prob wouldn't even have said Mayo would win Connacht. Now they may not this year either as Galway are going well, but it wouldnt be the first year thats been the case either and Mayo still win Connacht.
I still dont think JH has the ability to win an all ireland final given his track record on the line in his 4 finals (is my number correct?)  but think they probably have a good chance of getting there.
Getting there and losing again is worthless at this point. 5 times in the last while is enough.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2022, 10:44:47 AM

If there isn't a specific rule that states that a headlock is a red card then the GAA should introduce it into the rulebook, I have no problem with that. It is arguably more dangerous than a lot of current red card offences.

After that, if anybody choked an opponent in a headlock, then if the existing rules allow it issue them with a suspension. As long as the rules are applied evenly to both sides rather than this implication that it is a pre conceived tactic employed specifically by Armagh. Referencing an incident from 2014 bears little relevance to a League match 8 years later.

Dangerous play is a red card as is contributing to a melee and also a red card is striking, either with fist, arm, elbow, knee, foot or head. It was all uncalled for and subs should be in the stand, away ta feck from the sidlines were they are getting worked up along with the management
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

Better off without a specific offence.  just call it dangerous play or some on will get put of a suspension over the definition of 'HeadLock'
We have seen how the black card has become a joke because i believe its over prescribed in the Rule book. Where it should be for 'Cynical play'
its only for about 3 specific offences such as a pull down 3rd man taklw and verbal abuse???.
there are cases of forwards getting card because of poorly time tackes as the ball is being brought out .
that not what was intended. where as against mayo Tyrone and kerry  stopped every quick free kick which mayo were using a lot this year , and not a sign of a card.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2022, 11:52:12 AM

Dangerous play is a red card as is contributing to a melee and also a red card is striking, either with fist, arm, elbow, knee, foot or head. It was all uncalled for and subs should be in the stand, away ta feck from the sidlines were they are getting worked up along with the management

By not making it a specific offence it is then left down to the interpretation of the referee as to what is deemed dangerous. Is a headlock deemed dangerous? We have seen before how different instances of the same offence are dealt with differently by different referees.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on March 29, 2022, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2022, 11:52:12 AM

By not making it a specific offence it is then left down to the interpretation of the referee as to what is deemed dangerous. Is a headlock deemed dangerous? We have seen before how different instances of the same offence are dealt with differently by different referees.

I think there is a degree of dangerous play in those headlocks and I certainly would not like to be on the end of them, Ive ref'd long enough and this for me isn't something I've seen at club level as much, pulling lads apart or lads entering from outside is common but I hope we don't see it this season, once its properly up and running.

It will never have the uniform approach from even the best referees in the country, who you think is the best referee others will have a far less opinion on, his approach will suit your style of how it should be ref'd and others will view it differently, Gaelic games are not ref'd like other sports to be fair, soccer seems to be an easier sport to ref but there are still huge debates during and after the games and these ref's at the top table are professional ref's.

the melee is more in the public eye now due to social media smart phones and better coverage from the national TV stations
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea