NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

A nothing game and an action packed weekend. I think they can be forgiven for not dwelling on the game.

The reference to players having a case to answer if you slow the footage down was just trotted out and then left hanging. If there is clear footage just bloody show it.

Solo_run

There were some good points in the game and two goals they could have talked about to be honest. Nothing on Tyrone and Kerry I suppose.

Solo_run

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 27, 2022, 10:12:02 PM
Aye, that was worse than the Tyrone v Armagh one. There actually was boxing in this one.

Rian O'Neill must be on a sweat for the jab to the back of the head.

And headbutts.

tyrone08

There wil be a few armagh and Donegal players sweating alright. You didn't have to slow it down to see a few digs and headlocks. Bad enough getting suspended for a league game but for the championship it's completely stupid. However I have a feeling there won't be any suspensions handed out.

LCohen

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 10:15:46 PM
There wil be a few armagh and Donegal players sweating alright. You didn't have to slow it down to see a few digs and headlocks. Bad enough getting suspended for a league game but for the championship it's completely stupid. However I have a feeling there won't be any suspensions handed out.

Which players are you talking about?

tyrone08

Quote from: LCohen on March 27, 2022, 10:17:08 PM

Couldn't see their numbers as most of it seem to be from the subs  on both teams and the Sunday game footage was short. However there definitely was strikes and at least 2 headlocks . Like I said I don't think they will be any major action take as sure everyone knows the rules are as inconsistent as can be.

KickPass

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 10:22:05 PM

Couldn't see their numbers as most of it seem to be from the subs  on both teams and the Sunday game footage was short. However there definitely was strikes and at least 2 headlocks . Like I said I don't think they will be any major action take as sure everyone knows the rules are as inconsistent as can be.
True. HQ only seen to take retrospective action against big nordie teams i.e. Tyrone. Perennial failures like Armagh get away with their brand of dirt since it never gets them anywhere

Solo_run

Quote from: KickPass on March 27, 2022, 10:26:41 PM

True. HQ only seen to take retrospective action against big teams like Tyrone. Perennial failures like Armagh get away with their brand of dirt since it never gets them anywhere

Armagh living in your head rent free as they say.

bennydorano

Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 10:28:22 PM

True. HQ only seen to take retrospective action against big teams like Tyrone. Perennial failures like Armagh get away with their brand of dirt since it never gets them anywhere

It's getting embarrassing, also trying to make it into another everybody hates Tyrone rallying point. Tyrone will need all the help they can get after peaking today against a half arsed Kerry team, nowhere to go only down.

KickPass

If you say so.. . Armagh's success and potential would really take the shine off our AI medals...  ;D ;D

tyrone08

Now to be fair there is a right few digs and head locks there. Number 15 for armagh at 19seconds clear punch in the head. Sub for Armagh at 29 seconds clear headlock. Donegal player at 44 seconds strikes armagh  player

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1508193364159733767?t=WYP2hoiINajAMsCGTNyzWg&s=19

Can also add player number 21 for armagh and 25 for Donegal

Wildweasel74

From the highlights, they have to act as it was numerous sub's, backroom Staff. R O'Neill seems to pop up all to often  in it.

Solo_run

Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 10:38:13 PM

Now to be fair there is a right few digs and head locks there. Number 15 for armagh at 19seconds clear punch in the head. Sub for Armagh at 29 seconds clear headlock. Donegal player at 44 seconds strikes armagh  player

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1508193364159733767?t=WYP2hoiINajAMsCGTNyzWg&s=19

There are certainly plenty of incidents and Jamar Hall is going to be lucky. O'Donnell shoved him forcefully in the back to the floor while he was walking away. A few seconds later he has Hall in a headlock and throws him to the ground. Hall was livid and retaliates.

There is a Donegal player who I cannot identify who was going around looking to start a few fights. At one point the player forceful pushes his head - could interpret it as a headbutt into O'Neills face. The same guy grabbed McCabe by the throat, Sheridan was involved and looks to have struck him 

McMenamin appears to have struck Duffy in the face

Wildweasel74

From Armagh point of view, how stupid are they to get involved in all that, given the suspension handed out from the Tyrone game in which they played in and seen the consequences.

tyrone08

Quote from: Solo_run on March 27, 2022, 10:42:15 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on March 27, 2022, 10:38:13 PM

There are certainly plenty of incidents and Jamar Hall is going to be lucky. O'Donnell shoved him forcefully in the back to the floor while he was walking away. A few seconds later he has Hall in a headlock and throws him to the ground. Hall was livid and retaliates.

There is a Donegal player who I cannot identify who was going around looking to start a few fights. At one point the player forceful pushes his head - could interpret it as a headbutt into O'Neills face. The same guy grabbed McCabe by the throat, Sheridan was involved and looks to have struck him 

McMenamin appears to have struck Duffy in the face

Again I would say a degree of common sense needs to be applied when looking at these incidents in hindsight. They are in the heat of the moment and a kind of fight or flight response takes overs. The issue is with the gaa trying to stamp their authority on it they often are inconsistent with how they apply the rules themselves.

They are now in the difficult position that they have to try and be consistant ahead of the championship otherwise the whole thing is a shambles.