NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: LCohen on March 25, 2022, 05:23:40 PM
Tg4 are hardly in a position to broadcast multiple games and the games have to be played at the same time.
They aren't but during the Monaghan v Dublin game they will have a Live vision updates from Donegal v Armagh and Mayo v Kildare. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

LCohen

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 25, 2022, 05:29:46 PM
Tg4 are hardly in a position to broadcast multiple games and the games have to be played at the same time.
They aren't but during the Monaghan v Dublin game they will have a Live vision updates from Donegal v Armagh and Mayo v Kildare.

Yip. They are doing a very good job. And they have the rights so no point in complaining about the other broadcasters

illdecide

It's actually hard to believe that Armagh are not in the mix for relegation, it's just not normal. Any other year we're either already relegated or we're def one of the contenders to go down...No Pressure lads on final day...

Kerry & Tyrone to draw
Monaghan & Dublin to draw
Donegal to beat Armagh
Mayo to beat Kildare
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Scarlet

TG4 do so much with feck all! Like even this is innovative and I don't remember a Red Zone before?
I think Kildare will be relying on other results on Sunday but it would be amazing to stay up.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

marty34

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 25, 2022, 05:55:05 PM

TG4 do so much with feck all! Like even this is innovative and I don't remember a Red Zone before?
I think Kildare will be relying on other results on Sunday but it would be amazing to stay up.

TG4 have been unreal in their GAA coverage over the years between club, college and National League. Absolutely fantastic coverage for the budget they're on.

They have raised the profile of these 3 without doubt then other sponsors like AIB boosted them even further.

RTÉ on a Sunday evening with the old boys club is a joke.

J70

Quote from: illdecide on March 25, 2022, 05:40:36 PM
It's actually hard to believe that Armagh are not in the mix for relegation, it's just not normal. Any other year we're either already relegated or we're def one of the contenders to go down...No Pressure lads on final day...

Kerry & Tyrone to draw
Donegal to beat Armagh
Mayo to beat Kildare

Are Armagh going to put out a strong side?

I'm assuming Bonner will go with something similar to last week's line up against the Dubs, unless any more of the injured lads are ready for a run-out.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: marty34 on March 25, 2022, 05:59:41 PM

TG4 have been unreal in their GAA coverage over the years between club, college and National League. Absolutely fantastic coverage for the budget they're on.

They have raised the profile of these 3 without doubt then other sponsors like AIB boosted them even further.

True, RTÉ's coverage of our national games is nothing short of disgraceful. Just on that...you wouldn't mind TG4 having their live game pundits outside in the cold given the budget they're on, but having RTÉ analysts out is terrible. Surely there's some sort of a studio room in Montrose they could use. I think the rugby analysts have a studio.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

balladmaker

Kerry to beat Tyrone
Armagh to beat Donegal
Mayo to beat Kildare

illdecide

Quote from: J70 on March 25, 2022, 06:24:25 PM

Kerry & Tyrone to draw
Donegal to beat Armagh
Mayo to beat Kildare

I'm assuming Bonner will go with something similar to last week's line up against the Dubs, unless any more of the injured lads are ready for a run-out.

I would imagine KMcG will put out a strong enough team with Championship only around the corner but you know yourself when you don't have to win playing a team who's at home and have to win it'll be tough for Armagh to get anything from that game and throw Donega'ls home form into the mix and it should be 2pts for the home team with 3-4pts to spare
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Quote from: illdecide on March 25, 2022, 06:54:27 PM

Kerry & Tyrone to draw
Donegal to beat Armagh
Mayo to beat Kildare

I would imagine KMcG will put out a strong enough team with Championship only around the corner but you know yourself when you don't have to win playing a team who's at home and have to win it'll be tough for Armagh to get anything from that game and throw Donega'ls home form into the mix and it should be 2pts for the home team with 3-4pts to spare

Donegal's only form in O'Donnell Park is a succession of defeats going back about 15 years! ;D

Come to think of it, I think we did beat Armagh there once, maybe about five years ago. But that's about it. Even the Rossies, whom we've routinely beaten in recent times, won up there a few years back.

LCohen

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 25, 2022, 06:36:12 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 25, 2022, 05:59:41 PM

True, RTÉ's coverage of our national games is nothing short of disgraceful. Just on that...you wouldn't mind TG4 having their live game pundits outside in the cold given the budget they're on, but having RTÉ analysts out is terrible. Surely there's some sort of a studio room in Montrose they could use. I think the rugby analysts have a studio.

If it made commercial sense for RTE to show more do you not think they would do it? There are plenty of other calls on their limited budget other than GAA. But as for the quality of their output, I offer no defence.

nrico2006

Kerry & Tyrone to draw
Donegal to beat Armagh
Mayo to beat Kildare

Think McGeeney is making 3/4 changes with Murnin one of them.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

It's not about TG4 who  imo do a brilliant service covering the GAA
All the div 1  and some div 2 games (not just the televised live and deferred ones), are being captured on camera live with commentary and are fed into  RTE studios live, what more does it take to stream out these games on GAAGO?
Any other sports association with two morsels of common sense can manage to send out live streams of all their premier games. Even the LOI can manage that to a professional standard and make money. AFAIR the LOI only started streaming games a few seasons ago,  beginning with an amateurish operation.
GAAGO are not doing anything more than streaming some of the games which are already being covered by the tv stations.
They could stream all those games and for other games not being covered by TG4/RTE/Sky,  GAAGO could hire a broadcast unit, a minimalist outfit - 4 people, 2 cameras, computer hardware, HD/SD standard  and stream those games. And afterwards have the games stored in the clouds  for a minimum amount of time. Even I who never pays for anything  would consider subscribing to that.

LCohen

Quote from: Main Street on March 25, 2022, 09:13:00 PM
All the div 1  and some div 2 games (not just the televised live and deferred ones), are being captured on camera live with commentary and are fed into  RTE studios live, what more does it take to stream out these games on GAAGO?
Any other sports association with two morsels of common sense can manage to send out live streams of all their premier games. Even the LOI can manage that to a professional standard and make money. AFAIR the LOI only started streaming games a few seasons ago,  beginning with an amateurish operation.
GAAGO are not doing anything more than streaming some of the games which are already being covered by the tv stations.
They could stream all those games and for other games not being covered by TG4/RTE/Sky,  GAAGO could hire a broadcast unit, a minimalist outfit - 4 people, 2 cameras, computer hardware, HD/SD standard  and stream those games. And afterwards have the games stored in the clouds  for a minimum amount of time. Even I who never pays for anything  would consider subscribing to that.

What would the attendance at those LOI matches be like?

I am all for better quality highlights programmes or deferred coverage being available but supporting attendance has a part to play.

I don't know when the TG4 contract ends but none of the things you mention are a runner in advance of that.

Gael85

Quote from: LCohen on March 25, 2022, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 25, 2022, 09:13:00 PM

What would the attendance at those LOI matches be like?

I am all for better quality highlights programmes or deferred coverage being available but supporting attendance has a part to play.

I don't know when the TG4 contract ends but none of the things you mention are a runner in advance of that.

Shamrock Rovers probably get average 3/4k  attendance for games. The rest would be around 2k. Cork City used to get 5k at games when in Premier Division.