NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone08

If Donegal players focused on playing the game instead of crying to the ref every single time they would be in a far better position

Schkite

Seems like I spoke too soon, we're starting the second half here like we have the first half in every other game, incredibly wasteful. Donegal growing into the game now and those wides will probably come back to haunt us.

J70

Don't think I've ever seen Ryan McHugh have as little impact on a game before.

He's barely touched the ball.

J70

Quote from: Schkite on March 13, 2022, 02:56:24 PM
Seems like I spoke too soon, we're starting the second half here like we have the first half in every other game, incredibly wasteful. Donegal growing into the game now and those wides will probably come back to haunt us.

Wind is obviously very tricky down that river end.

Wildweasel74

Murphy tripped himself there

Onthe40

Ryan mchugh off.. never seen someone so good and usually have major impact on games have absolutely none this season.. Donegal have looked very ordinary this year

NotedObserver

Jamie Brennan looks injured as well

Schkite

Christ, another big save by Patton. That would have been a serious goal after the kickpasses by Beggan and Walshe.

straightred

would someone tell the commentator that Darren Hughes has gone of and that #14 is Kieron

Wildweasel74

Monaghan should be out of sight.

straightred

Quote from: Schkite on March 13, 2022, 03:15:23 PM
Christ, another big save by Patton. That would have been a serious goal after the kickpasses by Beggan and Walshe.

yeah - pity didnt show a replay

armaghniac

Fair play to Monaghan, they got the show on the road after a bad day against Kerry and should have been out of sight.
Donegal are probably less than the sum of their parts, Monaghan probably are more.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

straightred

Quote from: armaghniac on March 13, 2022, 03:27:48 PM
Fair play to Monaghan, they got the show on the road after a bad day against Kerry and should have been out of sight.
Donegal are probably less than the sum of their parts, Monaghan probably are more.

Was just looking at the table. Bit of a way to go still but both Leinster teams might go down

J70

Well deserved win for Monaghan.

Very poor from Donegal. Even second half when we improved, the forward play just looked slow and  laboured  with little incisiveness.

The lack of the long range option hurts us with Langan injured, Ryan McHugh and Ciaran Thompson not getting into shooting positions or the game in general, and the weather (but every team has that).

Could be a short season.

Schkite

Big, big win for us there. Badly needed, especially after being destroyed by Kerry. I think it's fair to say we should have been on more than 2 pts after our first 3 games, where we just didn't put away our chances and were punished for it.

Much improved on that front today, a bit more wasteful at the start of the second half and we probably should have gotten another goal, but we were able to up the gears towards the end and secure the win. There was a long extended period of play there where we were looking very ragged and were waiting to make some changes, but there was no break in play and Donegal were coming on strong, but luckily once we made the subs the injection of fresh legs showed. Big plays from the likes of Duffy, Woods and Mohan, who I think has been the find of the league for us. Made an immediate impact in big games.