NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 20, 2022, 05:44:12 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on February 20, 2022, 05:35:03 PM
Kildare will feel like they left that game behind them, they had enough possession but lacked a focal point in attack by moving Flynn out the field. Their build up was much too slow in the second half which allowed Tyrone to set up their spiders web defence.

It was a golden chance missed for Kildare to put a nail in Tyrone's coffin without the 4 players.

Think Kildare should be happy tyrone didn't have 3 goals before half time

Kildare had a few goal chances, Tyrone's keeper was in good form
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

That was madcap fun in fairness! Like I am sickened that Kildare came away with nothing BUT we could have been buried by half-time and could have won it with the goal chances.

Both teams made some very silly mistakes but great entertainment considering the conditions.

Some Kildare lads are losing their shite that we bottled it, but like six months ago Westmeath should have beaten us in Leinster.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Tyrone could easily have had 5 or 6 goals there but I still felt Kildare were probably the better side overall. Some absolutely terrible decision making in the Tyrone team today.

On the plus side, it was a Tyrone side without a pile of key men and a panel in general still playing catch up this season, and playing in horrific conditions once again. As such two very welcome points. I thought Meyler was our best player, a cool head on a day when there was a lack of composure. Canavan played some nice stuff and should come on with games. I was delighted to see McKenna get a start but he looked to be trying to do too much there, very little of which came off. Another who needs games.

ONeill

I thought that was a great workout for the panel. You could see that they had been roasted at halftime by the way they approached the second half. Serious work rate for 40 mins for the first time this year.

McCurry carried the front line. Canavan ripped them open multiple times. Sludden still important but his radar was slightly off. Meyler and Burns kept the pressure on Kildare throughout that second half. Most chipped in though with positive contributions - Kilpatrick, Kennedy, McKenna, Donaghy, Brennan, Richie and Monroes. This will stand to them all.

We seem to be slightly hesitant in front of the posts at the minute but I'm sure that will come in time.

Toughest run-in you can get now. The top 4 outside ourselves.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2022, 08:31:52 PM
I thought that was a great workout for the panel. You could see that they had been roasted at halftime by the way they approached the second half. Serious work rate for 40 mins for the first time this year.

McCurry carried the front line. Canavan ripped them open multiple times. Sludden still important but his radar was slightly off. Meyler and Burns kept the pressure on Kildare throughout that second half. Most chipped in though with positive contributions - Kilpatrick, Kennedy, McKenna, Donaghy, Brennan, Richie and Monroes. This will stand to them all.

We seem to be slightly hesitant in front of the posts at the minute but I'm sure that will come in time.

Toughest run-in you can get now. The top 4 outside ourselves.

Them's the games you want! You'll learn the hard lessons from the good teams. And now this is the time of the year for learning those lessons.

Solo_run

If the results go Tyrone's way they might have one of the easiest last four games bar Donegal next weekend.

yellowcard

Quote from: LCohen on February 20, 2022, 10:38:01 PM
https://www.facebook.com/stephen.rafferty.77/videos/1141324076615559/

Joanne Cantwell thinks this is inconclusive

Shocking stuff from the officials but even worse from RTE who had 24 hours to analyse it and get it right or what are they actually paid to do? It's not like it was even close to the line.

PMG1

Quote from: pbat on February 20, 2022, 04:24:06 PM
Surely county players deserve league played from April - June and Championship June - September.
And what about the other 98% of players who play club football? Do they not count?

Solo_run

Quote from: yellowcard on February 20, 2022, 11:07:10 PM

Shocking stuff from the officials but even worse from RTE who had 24 hours to analyse it and get it right or what are they actually paid to do? It's not like it was even close to the line.

Unbelievable comments he has made. As for the handholding when fouled, this has been going on for the best part of a decade. Even his beloved Kerry do it. Talk about nit-picking.

KickPass

Good to see Allianz league Sunday showing the cheating by Armagh player to get McManus sent off. McGeeney / McKeever shithouse tactics haven't changed for 20 years

Gael85

Quote from: Solo_run on February 20, 2022, 11:15:21 PM

Unbelievable comments he has made. As for the handholding when fouled, this has been going on for the best part of a decade. Even his beloved Kerry do it. Talk about nit-picking.

What game was he referring to about near hand tackling?

Solo_run

Quote from: Gael85 on February 20, 2022, 11:21:28 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on February 20, 2022, 11:15:21 PM

What game was he referring to about near hand tackling?

Armagh v Monaghan - Build up to the penalty...Grugan had his shirt pulled but he was also holding the players hand when he went down. Whelan said it was smart play but Spillane was having a meltdown about it, like nobody has ever done it before. 

GAABoardMod5

Did Armagh use 6 subs, or are the rules changed again?

Solo_run

Quote from: GAABoardMod5 on February 20, 2022, 11:37:16 PM
Did Armagh use 6 subs, or are the rules changed again?

I heard on the commentary Armagh used a blood sub with O'Neill - do not know how accurate that was though although he went down the tunnel at the end being carried.