NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoynevalley

Quote from: mup on January 30, 2022, 07:31:19 AM
Well done Armagh. John Small still doing what John Small does.

I hope the Kieran McGeeney thread on res dubs is resurrected tonight. ;)

Typical kildare supporter. A lot booing from their fans in Newbridge on kerry frees today. Kerry should be beating a hurling county. Kildare are a very athletic and well drilled team. Referee couldn't wait to give Kildare frees today. Kerry just didn't show today but will be gunning for the dubs next week. Dubs could be relegated now.

Wildweasel74

Kerry got a better hurling team than kildare lol

David McKeown

Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2022, 07:26:38 PM
Who would have known that Saturday's match was a relegation battle.

Joking aside Dublin could be in a spot of difficulty. Only have 3 home games (2left) and one of those is Mayo so they don't even have one less away game. Armagh on the other hand have 4 home games, 2 away (1 left) and one neutral venue.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

imtommygunn

Quote from: tyrone08 on January 30, 2022, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 30, 2022, 06:39:21 PM
I think if a defender good enough, you don't have to resort to sledging, grabbing, digs in the bck trying to get McManus yellow carded. Shows up why they so popular all over the country, and I ain't no lover of Monaghan.

I tend to agree with this, if you are good enough you shouldn't be getting involved in incidents. However every single top team does this regularly. Look at how much attention Peter harte and Sean cavanagh have received over the years.

Mckernan is awful for it. He waved an imaginary card at a ref last year and he was at it all day. (Not from Monaghan or derry ;D)

Dougal Maguire

Why are Mayo playing their home games away from Castlebar?
Careful now

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on January 30, 2022, 09:15:54 PM
Why are Mayo playing their home games away from Castlebar?
MacHale Park has got a new playing surface and won't be ready for matches for a few months. Other grounds in Mayo not deemed big enough. Two remaining home games that will be played in Pairc sean mac diarmada and Dr Hyde Park
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

Quote from: David McKeown on January 30, 2022, 08:33:16 PM

Joking aside Dublin could be in a spot of difficulty. Only have 3 home games (2left) and one of those is Mayo so they don't even have one less away game. Armagh on the other hand have 4 home games, 2 away (1 left) and one neutral venue.
An away win against a top team  pretty much means Armagh are safe.
Apart from normal Dublin warming up issues this early in the league  a big missing piece is Cluxton, his presence, game management and goalkeeping prowess is a big loss. I think he would have made a much better attempt to block the first goal with his body and for the 2nd he'd be the least likely goalkeeper to be lobbed.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on January 30, 2022, 11:18:02 PM

Apart from normal Dublin warming up issues this early in the league  a big missing piece is Cluxton, his presence, game management and goalkeeping prowess is a big loss. I think he would have made a much better attempt to block the first goal with his body and for the 2nd he'd be the least likely goalkeeper to be lobbed.

Armagh are far from safe. But the weekends result gives them a good chance!

Armagh18

Quote from: Main Street on January 30, 2022, 11:18:02 PM

Great start but far from safe after one game. As for that first goal? Cluxton, Comerford Van Der Sar and De Gea could have been in nets and I'd back Rian to score it.

naka

Watched the Armagh game again on YouTube last night
Jeez Dublin no matter how poor they were kicked themselves out of the game
I think they had close to 15 wides.

balladmaker

Quote from: naka on January 31, 2022, 07:58:31 AM
Watched the Armagh game again on YouTube last night
Jeez Dublin no matter how poor they were kicked themselves out of the game
I think they had close to 15 wides.

A lot of which was due to being forced into poor shot selections by the Armagh defence.

Unlaoised

Great chance for this improving Armagh side to stay up .

Great results from kildare too now to give them a chance .

Dublin and Monaghan looking at their fixtures will need to grind results out to stay in the mix
LAOIS ABÚ

Taylor

Happy enough with the point given we arent long back from holidays and are a few weeks behind.

Kerry wont be too disappointed - Kildare will give a lot of teams trouble at home especially on a dirty wet day

Donegal will be sick this morning - game should have been over.

Hyperbole about Armagh - a Dubs team who played terrible got within 5 pts after kicking 15 wides.

bennydorano

Trouble for Armagh is that the only way is down, that level of intensity can't (nor should be) maintained at this time of year. I'd love to see that level of performance being maintained but that's highly unlikely as well. Tyrone game will be intense but not so silky in the skills department.

illdecide

I certainly won't get carried away by Armagh's great performance on Sat nite, one thing i've learned from Armagh over the years is after a great result like that there a few nasty ones around the corner. They played great on the night but Dublin will improve a lot and we were probably at our best and not much more in the tank. It was a great result and hopefully can grind out another 3-4 pts from somewhere to stay up...That's all i'm thinking of at this stage is staying up and Sat's game has given us a much better chance of doing so...

As for Sunday's game with our neighbours that will be interesting...Armagh like to play football so Tyrone will be in their element and will probably end up a shoot out so expect a different game to what you seen Tyrone v Monaghan yesterday.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch