NFL Division 1 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

armaghniac

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on January 28, 2022, 11:04:14 PM
Those were the days ........

2002 Ciaran Whelan goal v Armagh

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sWC5kFgTscg

I think I enjoyed that game more than any other, first full house in New Croke Park, glorious sunshine and end to end stuff.
The subsequent league game set an attendance record in Croke Park. It seems there will be crowd of similar proportions tomorrow, I hope the Dubs do not adopt their usual practice of booing the opposition when they come on to the field, it isn't necessary.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Quote from: Orior on January 28, 2022, 05:03:00 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 27, 2022, 10:23:09 PM
Quote from: naka on January 27, 2022, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 04:24:44 PM
Armagh to get within 5 points? Its a fairly decent advantage
That's the half time potential
Think there will be 10 /11 points in it as Armagh defence is porous and could concede a few three pointers on Saturday
Will be a good days craic though as I see  all trans link specials are sold out.
probably finish 4-20 to 3-17 or something mad.

More like Dublin 4-20 Armagh 0-15
I think it's about the best time to be playing Dublin and have a chance of beating them, a good close game beckons.

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 28, 2022, 07:07:35 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on January 28, 2022, 05:44:28 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 28, 2022, 01:17:04 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 27, 2022, 08:11:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2022, 04:24:44 PM
Armagh to get within 5 points? Its a fairly decent advantage
Last year in the league Galway, Donegal got within 5 points of Dublin and Kerry drew with them. They never clicked into gear for the championship looks like Dublin are at the crossroads under Dessie Farrell.
Losing special players like Mannion and McCaffrey on top of the ones who've retired naturally has definitely left a vacuum.

No sign of Con, MickFitz and Jonny Cooper this year so far, so we may be missing them for Saturday. Everyone else I believe has got a run in either the OB Cup or challenges, so I expect 3 or 4 new/newish faces along with the bulk of what our first team is now.

Rock and Comerford haven't played yet either for Dublin this year.
Apparently Mick Fitzsimons,Cooper,Rock,Comerford and Con O'Callaghan played in a recent challenge against Roscommon, the latter picked up an injury in that game.
I had heard Fitz, Cooper and Con were not involved v Ros and that the others were (albeit third hand, so dunno the absolute truth) . Comerford the only one of those that is named in tonight's starting line up. Although there'll probably be changes to that too.

Hound

Baile an tuaigh

Darragh Maloney and Eamonn Fitzmaurice good commentary team. Early yellow for Rian O Neill. Massive crowd 30,000 plus. Brian Howard puts Dublin a head.

Baile an tuaigh

Cormac Costello makes it two. Dublin the more impressive. Rory Gruggan scores a free. Two great pieces of defending by Dublin to stop Armagh scores. 18 minutes gone Dublin free by Cormac gives Dublin 2 pt lead.

Hound

Armagh very positive with the ball, and pressing hard on Dublin's kickouts. Decent game so far, Dubs 3 Armagh 4

Baile an tuaigh

Armagh hit the front 4 to 3 playing nice ball into the forwards. That's Armaghs 3rd in a row.

Blowitupref

Good goal for Armagh but dreadful defending by Dublin. Armagh 1-4 to 0-3 ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Baile an tuaigh

Rian O Neill with a screamer of a goal!!!

Hound

Great finish by Rian. I'm used to Dublin giving up goal chances, a bit rarer when the opposition makes us pay

Mourne Red

Rudi