GAA Discussion > GAA Discussion

Ulster JFC/IFC 2022

(1/37) > >>

DownFanatic:
Ulster JFC

Preliminary Round - 30/10/22

Drumlane/Arva (Cavan) v Ballerin/Craigbane (Derry)

Quarter Finals - 6/11/22

Lissummon/Derrynoose (Armagh) v Letterkenny Gaels/Carndonagh (Donegal)
Dromara/Teconnaught (Down) v Aghaloo/Strabane/Stewartstown/Derrytresk (Tyrone)
Aghadrumsee/Newtownbutler (Fermanagh) v O'Donnell's/Pearses (Antrim)
(Cavan/Derry) v Killanny/Clones (Monaghan)

Ulster IFC

Preliminary Round (6/11/22)

St Paul's/Shane O'Neill's (Armagh) v Toome/Corduff/Magheracloone/Emyvale (Monaghan)

Quarter Finals (13/11/22)

Glenravel/Dunloy (Antrim) v Dungloe (Donegal)
Castledawson/Glenullin/Foreglen/Drumsurn (Derry) v Galbally/Edendork/Eglish/Killeeshil (Tyrone)
Belcoo/Derrylin/Devenish/Tempo (Fermanagh) v Castlerahan/Ballyhaise (Cavan)
(Armagh/Monaghan) v Rostrevor/Saval (Down)

oakleaflad:
Question for Cavan people.

Intermediate teams left finished 3rd, 6th and 13th in Division 1.

Junior teams left finished 1st and 3rd and Division 2.

No Division 3 representation left.

Assuming league and Championship are separate but my question is has something been done structurally to allow Cavan teams to compete better in Ulster/All Ireland, as the clubs left all seems strong enough to play in the Championship above?

clarshack:

--- Quote from: oakleaflad on October 03, 2022, 12:15:35 PM ---Question for Cavan people.

Assuming league and Championship are separate but my question is has something been done structurally to allow Cavan teams to compete better in Ulster/All Ireland, as the clubs left all seems strong enough to play in the Championship above?

--- End quote ---

Craigbane would be strong as well for Junior? The Intermediate game between the Derry and Tyrone champions would be one to look forward too.

Armagh18:

--- Quote from: oakleaflad on October 03, 2022, 12:15:35 PM ---Question for Cavan people.

--- End quote ---
A bit of cute huerism going on there it seems.

Armagh teams other than Cross usually do nothing in Ulster and I canít see this year being any different.

Cavan19:

--- End quote ---

Nothing was done there is no link between league and Championship. 

Arva will probably win the Junior and got promoted to Division 1 this year. They had a bad couple of years with injuries and lads away and dropped down to junior and Division 3 but are back near full strength.

In the Intermediate Ballyhaise will play Castlerahan. Ballyhaise finished 3rd in Division 1 but had the luxury of having no county players which helped there cause. Castlerahan were relegated to intermediate last year and will be looking to go back up again.

The results/performances of Cavan teams in the Ulster club championships is not good have never won a Senior Ulster Club.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version