The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2022, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 04, 2022, 08:47:39 PM
How many is Nunez going to hit straight at McGregor?
At least he is making chances. The goals will come.

I thought he did fairly well. He needs a bit of work on getting space in the box, and he could have taken the one before half time on a couple of steps, but much better overall.

He's not fit to lace Haaland's boots, but who is?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2022, 10:38:13 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 04, 2022, 09:01:04 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 04, 2022, 08:47:39 PM
How many is Nunez going to hit straight at McGregor?
At least he is making chances. The goals will come.

I thought he did fairly well. He needs a bit of work on getting space in the box, and he could have taken the one before half time on a couple of steps, but much better overall.

He's not fit to lace Haaland's boots, but who is?

He's not fit to lace big Andy's boots ffs  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2022, 06:11:51 PM
Twitter

Irish bars in Liverpool have been advised to remove the Irish Tri Colour in order not to offend Ranges fans before and after the Liverpool V Rangers game A move I hope which will be ignored by the bars in question
Embarrassing all round from the bars to those who "advised". Afraid of The Rangers. Yella

GiveItToTheShooters

Anybody writing Nunez off is a clown. Everyone was up his hole at the start of the season, especially when Haaland had a disasterclass against us in the community shield. People don't be long changing their tune. Good performance tonight from him only the The Rangers International Football Club PLC keeper played well.

johnnycool

Dung game, Liverpool better but not great either, Lundstram had more passes to Liverpool players than his own teammates, but the couple of good chances at the end will give Rangers a bit of hope for next Wednesday night in Glasgow.

Turf

Madness to be writing off Nunez so soon, typical knee jerk reaction from armchair fans.
Comparing him to Haaland is also pointless, the man is a freak and there is no one in world football even close to him.
I actually thought Nunez played well last night. Just needs one of those chances to go in. I'd be no doubt he will be fine.

quit yo jibbajabba

As Rushie used to say if you werent getting the chances then it was time to worry.
Id still like him to score one soon lolol

Dag Dog

Nunez hasn't scored in 2 months. Andy Carroll levels there.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 05, 2022, 09:23:49 AM
As Rushie used to say if you werent getting the chances then it was time to worry.

You do know he has scored so his duck is broken?  Rushie didn't score for 10 games or so and did alright. He is unfairly compared to Haaland who is a freak of nature and will become one of the greatest goal scorers of all time. Haaland also has the bonus of having a background through his father in the country so it was always going to be easier for him to settle. Nunez will come good as it all there. His passing is a wee bit wayward but that's as much to do with him trying too hard by times. I reckon he will hit 15-16 goals in all competitions this season and that would be a decent return.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 05, 2022, 10:43:23 AM

You do know he has scored so his duck is broken?  Rushie didn't score for 10 games or so and did alright. He is unfairly compared to Haaland who is a freak of nature and will become one of the greatest goal scorers of all time. Haaland also has the bonus of having a background through his father in the country so it was always going to be easier for him to settle. Nunez will come good as it all there. His passing is a wee bit wayward but that's as much to do with him trying too hard by times. I reckon he will hit 15-16 goals in all competitions this season and that would be a decent return.

Not sure who's be comparing him with Haaland, the media?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2022, 10:45:26 AM

Media and online. Not necessarily on here but have seen the comparisons in terms of wastes of money yadda, yadda

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dag Dog on October 05, 2022, 10:38:56 AM
Nunez hasn't scored in 2 months. Andy Carroll levels there.

Or alternatively he hasnt scored in 170minute playing football given the fact he was suspended for 3 games and Liverpool didn't play for nearly 3 weeks with a cancellation and the international break but hey ho....

Turf

Andy Carroll wasn't actually a bad player, in fact he had all the attributes to be a top top striker. The problem with Andy was his head was never in it, I'm not sure his heart was either. I actually think he was a massive talent that wasted his career.

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 05, 2022, 10:52:24 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2022, 10:45:26 AM

Media and online. Not necessarily on here but have seen the comparisons in terms of wastes of money yadda, yadda

He was more expensive than Haaland, but yes the comparisons are unfair as Haaland is playing for a team who're firing on all cylinders and will give him a bucket load of chances to put away whereas Nunez has had the misfortune of joining a team that's gone off the boil and not making the chances they were the last few seasons.
There's still time for that to change and Nunez would benefit accordingly.

Kidder81

A comparison with Haaland in monetary terms doesent get very far as Haaland had a release clause of £51m (which City met), if there was no release clause Dortmund would have been looking £150m plus you would think. And his wages rule out pretty much every club in the world bar the petro dollar clubs